10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruhen View Post
    As a cat girl my choice was either to not show weapons or glamour to something else. I decided to just use the Ala Mhigo armour as at least that has an opening on the back for the tail. Sad because the AF 3.0 gear looks great.
    Problems with having tail, I might have gone for Hyur (midlander), but simply can't stand their running animation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Xaela is Baela.
    I tried, but I prefer Raen's subtle scale colour.

I simply won't play a race with a tail due to having dealt with it for 3-4 years as a Charr on GW2...and that's a game where some armors would be designed with the tails in mind. Midlander running animation also bugged the shit out of me after 5-10 minutes, so I used the second of 2 "free" fantasia potions (1 from the 30 day sub bonus, other from HW preorder), opted for Highlander...zero regrets. They kinda have a bouncy run animation akin to female Norn from GW2, but it's much more subtle here, whereas female Norn look like they were bouncing everywhere (giggity).

Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    To be fair, I don't think I've seen that agenda pushed recently, they're much more focused on Racism and White Privilege these days.
    It still pops up fairly regularly, but definitely not as bad as the 90s panic. It's still disappointing every time, though.

I'll elaborate just for you:
    I was mostly just teasing you.

1) 1.0 boss - I already didn't like it because aesthetically it looked like a dumber version of Shinryu. You had me come off this epic serpent dragon battle, and then immediately follow it up with another wyrm, who's considerably less interesting.
    I was actually surprised they didn't start off noting that being a weak replica of Shinryu due to the last fight Omega/Shinryu had. When I first saw it, I thought that was going to be the rationale in FFXIV (obviously the rationale is this is the Interdimensional Rift and that's one of the FFV Interdimensional Rift bosses). Still kinda surprised it wasn't part of the explanation becuase it IS wyrm and now another wyrm.

Now, let me ask this, though you may have to think on it. Do you agree that at least there are more mechanics and things going on in these fights than the WoW LFR raids? Personally, I find the 24 mans and the 8 man roulette normal excessively more engaging than the WoW LFR difficulty.

I think it's important to keep that in perspective. This isn't hardcore raiding and it's never been presented or intended to be such. In 2 weeks you can go in on day one with a completely blind group and do Savage and see how that plays out.

As far as dying goes, no I can totally see that. Wiping though? You'd need healers who are super new or ones who can't make the cut to actually wipe. This is substantiated by my experience, in which we literally blind steamrolled and 1 shot 1-3.0 and 3 shot 4.0 (would have been 2 if I could have stayed with old group). The pug group I had the third time for 4.0 we 1 shot it. The pug group for the second party had a single healer who was undergeared, but tried their hardest and still almost succeeded.
    We came close to a wipe twice, but 2 healers, a tank, and a samurai managed to get the LB3 up.
    We wiped on the 3rd boss a couple times and people who had done the fight said it's easy to wipe on that one if the forced march goes to hell with everyone in different directions as it can obliterate the wrong people at precisely the wrong time. I can definitely see it being possible, but it's just a matter of handling that. I liked the frog tile mechanic though. XD

Maybe you're just on a more God Tier datacenter of players since you've had random roulette groups one shot everything blind your first/second time in with rarely ever a single wipe, but on Gilgamesh, it's not as faceroll as everything you've ever described.

T5 had the fire mechanic that I really liked. Gave you options on how to handle. I also liked twisters (post fix) and the periodic adds.
    T6 had the periodic add spawns the random briar patch -> swallow mechanic (not counting cheese method, fuck that bug). It also had the Slug -> Honey mechanic that gave you options to handle the mechanic pending skill level.
    To me those are fun mechanics. The patches add strategy and constant awareness (tank reposition, mDPS reposition, etc.) for several mechanics.
    T7 is another good example between the add management, the position management and the party position. It all happens organically.
    T9 had the meteor mechanic, which while a pain was fun to figure out and manage and had several solutions, and the subsequent phase with eating rocks and moving adds was fun too.
    I liked A1S for the add -> puddle mechanic. That was fun.
    A3S had the tethers, the add phase I quite liked, and the hand phase was neat too.
    These are the types of mechanics I like. Not just telegraphs. Things that happen in the moment and can change, not a fixed position on the ground.
    You realize you're taking encounters designed for organized/savage raiding and comparing it to roulette tuned content, right?
    I'm sure you don't think 75% of the player base in any MMO (not just XIV) should be expected to do Savage/Mythic difficulty as a bare minimum content expectation.

The one thing I hate, in fact the ONLY thing I hate about the PLD artifact armor is that almost every freaking weapon clips through the damn cape. I mean hell the sword that comes with the set clips the worst.
    The next great leap forward in video games will be marked by the complete removal of any and all clipping. It's been a bane, particularly in MMOs, for decades. Someday we'll have the technology.... someday we'll have the processing power..... T-T

Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    I simply won't play a race with a tail due to having dealt with it for 3-4 years as a Charr on GW2...and that's a game where some armors would be designed with the tails in mind. Midlander running animation also bugged the shit out of me after 5-10 minutes, so I used the second of 2 "free" fantasia potions (1 from the 30 day sub bonus, other from HW preorder), opted for Highlander...zero regrets. They kinda have a bouncy run animation akin to female Norn from GW2, but it's much more subtle here, whereas female Norn look like they were bouncing everywhere (giggity).
    Roll a female elezen and walk in their starting gear if you wanna see giggity bouncing. Geez louise...

I couldn't stand female midlander's run either. I changed mine to a highlander female as well. They are so expressive with their animations, it fits her rogueish pirate personality perfectly in almost every single instance. I've also noticed the, uh, bounce is different depending on which shirt she wears (HW Monk artifact vs Arachne top, both being exposed stomach chest wrap type tops).

10+ Year Old Account
    Typical.

Sat in Lochs whole day, went to do daily hunts and Ixion spawned - and can't zone in as "Instance is congested".

- - - Updated - - -

Wish they wouldn't make world bosses like this, very small window with very long respawn timer. Especially when server can't even handle it.

Multiple times FC member(s) have declined dungeon runs, etc.. simply because they are sitting in Lochs, waiting for potential spawn.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post
    Roll a female elezen and walk in their starting gear if you wanna see giggity bouncing. Geez louise...
    And now I'm curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Faroth View Post

I couldn't stand female midlander's run either. I changed mine to a highlander female as well. They are so expressive with their animations, it fits her rogueish pirate personality perfectly in almost every single instance. I've also noticed the, uh, bounce is different depending on which shirt she wears (HW Monk artifact vs Arachne top, both being exposed stomach chest wrap type tops).
    The emotes and the expressiveness are hilarious.

I may do that for the lulz concerning fem elezen. Now if you want a laugh, do that with a femroe with the bust slider maxed out. I figured I would play a femroe if anything else, but after seeing the comedy of what I just described...yeah, no, lol, at least not with that slider maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    And now I'm curious.
    they are bad but max everything femroe is [LOUD SWEATING] tier ridiculous.

And now I'm curious.
    Oh boy...look at what you've done now, Faroth, tempting our resident fantasia aficionado like that.

So 'im a dumbass' tier question: whats the limits on desnyth? i stuck to BSM under an assumption there was a hard limit spread across them all, but now i heard of folks having 3 capped at 320?

Was i rused or just mistaken about how it works? i thought it was the potential max you could put in one or across them all a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    So 'im a dumbass' tier question: whats the limits on desnyth? i stuck to BSM under an assumption there was a hard limit spread across them all, but now i heard of folks having 3 capped at 320?
    "Desynthesis skills for each class are independent, with a maximum level of 320. However, there is a skill point maximum of 980 that applies to all classes combined."

https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Desynthesis

- - - Updated - - -

Oh boy...look at what you've done now, Faroth, tempting our resident fantasia aficionado like that.
    Eh, don't worry - it's war between Miqo'te and Au Ra, could add Hyur there if they'd allow us to choose animations.

We'll see if things get better or worse if they add new race in 5.0.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post

Was i rused or just mistaken about how it works? i thought it was the potential max you could put in one or across them all a little.
    You can max out 3 different desynths. If you go to your character screen, go over to the class/job pane and select any DoH job, you should get a pane that shows your desynth progress on all of them, and at the bottom there will be a total; you can't go over that total with your desynths. Like right now, I'm at 280ish on GSM and 270ish on both WVR and LTW.

Tl;dr version: You can max out 3 desynths on one character.

Nice, so thats CUL for all the dumb swimsuits and crap to sell to glamoursouls players and WVR for all the gear i guess

10+ Year Old Account
    Just finished both the MSQ and the extra roulotte dungeons unlocked afterwards.
    Really enjoyed the dungeons on this expansion.

Im probably leveling Samurai and Dark Knight now , to have at least some variety of jobs. Not in a rush to start gearing and doing Omega.

- - - Updated - - -

Shame that they just nerfed PvP XP just as i was going to start on Sam.

10+ Year Old Account
    So finally able to do the Kyuubi boss, 玉藻御前, another set of ears on a Mi'qote looks weird, lol.
    Fun mythology.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamamo-no-Mae

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    So finally able to do the Kyuubi boss, 玉藻御前, another set of ears on a Mi'qote looks weird, lol.
    Fun mythology.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamamo-no-Mae
    Neat. I never thought to google the name of the fox, despite having done so for the name of Susano's sword, which we had discussed a few pages back.

This also explains the name of the stone fragment currency you get from clearing that FATE.

10+ Year Old Account
    This also explains the name of the stone fragment currency you get from clearing that FATE.
    I've bunch fragments in my bag, should probably get rid of them.

29 of them to be exact...Can't I sacrifice them and summon my perverted version of Ixion since I missed the damn spawn by 30 minutes thanks to falling asleep...

I think I have 30 of them on a retainer with the wild ass idea they would give us a fox mount for 99 of them or such one day.

I stick to playing Hyur since the clipping issues are minimal. I'm happy with playing both Midlander and Highlander men - though ideally I'd like to play the latter but with more classically handsome facial features. Hopefully we see the character creation updated in 5.0 as a selling point for the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Hopefully we see the character creation updated in 5.0 as a selling point for the expansion.
    I really doubt it - The character creator is a complete mess from top to bottom. As much as it could use redoing, I can see the guys working on it taking a look at what needs to be done and nopeing the hell out of the room.

For instance, we have a choice of 12(!) voices for a character that never says a single word of diolog, either spoken or written, yet only a choice of 4 faces. Not to mention what seems like a choice of hundreds of hair styles, yet no choice over facial hair other than an on/off toggle. It seems that the art team either ran out of time, or budgeted their time badly and ended up put far more attention on some parts of the character, but not others.

Quote Originally Posted by StrawberryZebra View Post
    I really doubt it - The character creator is a complete mess from top to bottom. As much as it could use redoing, I can see the guys working on it taking a look at what needs to be done and nopeing the hell out of the room.

For instance, we have a choice of 12(!) voices for a character that never says a single word of diolog, either spoken or written, yet only a choice of 4 faces. Not to mention what seems like a choice of hundreds of hair styles, yet no choice over facial hair other than an on/off toggle. It seems that the art team either ran out of time, or budgeted their time badly and ended up put far more attention on some parts of the character, but not others.
    I think if there's enough constructive criticism we'll see their stance on such things budge. To their credit they did take steps to address the inventory and armoury chest issues. Very slow and imperfect ones but it was progress nevertheless.

They've added plenty of new hairstyles over time and I believe one of the seasonal events added new face paint a few years ago as well. So I have a feeling that they could make it work - especially now that the PS3 has been dropped. As far as facial hair goes something akin to Hien's would be pretty neat.