Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I thought that Blizzard responding to the hero categories with "its just a loose guide meant to help new players" would have ended this stupid defense/offense/support/tank debate.

GUESS I WAS WRONG. CARRY ON GUYS. I'M SURE THIS CONVERSATION IS STILL NECESSARY AND EXCITING.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Although mei may seem a counter but I feel his real counter is pharah, he can't touch her unless she flies low enough to be hit by his left click, otherwise he's somewhat in a similar situation to junkrat.

Also some have stated orisa is a good counter to him, coz she can avoid being knocked around and can pull him off people.
    It's almost like Orisa was built to beat Doomfist after seeing the devastation he made.

I still think Roadhog will be a good choice against him though honestly, but Roadhog is still a meh choice overall now.

I'm really disappointed with this. I thought the OW team knew what they were doing. This type of hero is the last thing the game needs right.
    We need more support characters - and dive comp needs a nerf.

10+ Year Old Account
    SORRY FRIENDS. THAT WAS TOO SNARKY.

o

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Sombra and Doomfist say hi back, where's the next defensive hero fam?
    Coming soon, I'm sure. Patience young one.

Sombra says hola, not hi
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2017-07-06 at 10:14 PM.

Alas, no Terry voicing him. Now I cannot play him.

Too bad Terry didn't get to voice him. Yet, the VA fits the character (and sounds like D3 Witch Doctor/Tyrael). I wonder if Rein/Orisa/Sym shield can block the Meteor Strike though (and if you can shoot Boomfeast during his ult...Else he'd the 1st hero being impossible to shutdown.).

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    SORRY FRIENDS. THAT WAS TOO SNARKY.

o
    Are you okay, Tziva ? :P
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Sombra and Doomfist say hi back, where's the next defensive hero fam?
    Blizz want a dive game. I wouldn't expect a defence hero for a long time, none of them work with the direction they want to take the game, so why make another?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Blizz want a dive game. I wouldn't expect a defence hero for a long time, none of them work with the direction they want to take the game, so why make another?
    uuuuugh fuck that.

I'd say if they wanted a dive game, they wouldn't have added hero limits, nor even made characters like Mei.

Dive just happens to be the strongest at the moment, doesn't mean that's what Blizzard wants to be the only play style, and if they want this to be successful as an esport, they'd realize that single style of play would get boring to see over and over again.

Screw divepunch. It's DIVEKICK!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'd say if they wanted a dive game, they wouldn't have added hero limits, nor even made characters like Mei.

Dive just happens to be the strongest at the moment, doesn't mean that's what Blizzard wants to be the only play style, and if they want this to be successful as an esport, they'd realize that single style of play would get boring to see over and over again.
    Jeff's been raving about dives in Korea since launch. I don't think it was the original intent, but in terms of viewing as an esport, the faster pace of dive seems more attractive to them so that's what they've been pushing for. I'm not surprised we are where we are, or that Doomfist is such a dive focused hero because of that.

The whole defence roster has been held back intentionally, it slows the game down and people figure out how to break it down. And in respect to hero limits, it's stacking defence heroes and tanks that create the 'least fun' groups to watch or play against.

Jeff's been raving about dives in Korea since launch. I don't think it was the original intent, but in terms of viewing as an esport, the faster pace of dive seems more attractive to them so that's what they've been pushing for. I'm not surprised we are where we are, or that Doomfist is such a dive focused hero because of that.

The whole defence roster has been held back intentionally, it slows the game down and people figure out how to break it down. And in respect to hero limits, it's stacking defence heroes and tanks that create the 'least fun' groups to watch or play against.
    I would think it's more attractive at the moment because it's more interesting to watch the fast pacing. That doesn't mean it's going to stay that exciting. I wouldn't be surprised to see in a few months nerfs that make it harder to dive that quickly. I mean, another eSport, Dota 2, basically forces different gameplay styles for tournaments through balancing.

And I'm not claiming that hero stacking was more fun, it's just that being able to run something like 2 Winstons would end up with even more dive I would think.

I would say Doomfist is quite capable of ruining a Dive comp on defense.

Also when ever he speaks he sounds like he is African, when he talks or shout/grunts in combat I hear Arnold Schwartzenegger.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I would think it's more attractive at the moment because it's more interesting to watch the fast pacing. That doesn't mean it's going to stay that exciting. I wouldn't be surprised to see in a few months nerfs that make it harder to dive that quickly. I mean, another eSport, Dota 2, basically forces different gameplay styles for tournaments through balancing.

And I'm not claiming that hero stacking was more fun, it's just that being able to run something like 2 Winstons would end up with even more dive I would think.
    That's not what we see in No Limits though, is it? And way back in Season 1, I can only ever remember stacking Bastions or Torbs for defence as well; outside of that it generally wasn't a good idea to stack at all, and seldom worked. I mean, that's what brought me round to it, as I was originally opposed to implementing the limit.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenny McCormick View Post
    pretty much a Vi ripoff...
    Implying VI was the first Character in a Series to have big Firsts and do charge attacks, I totally forgot she had a hand shotgun!

That's not what we see in No Limits though, is it? And way back in Season 1, I can only ever remember stacking Bastions or Torbs for defence as well; outside of that it generally wasn't a good idea to stack at all, and seldom worked.
    Last time I said that, I was informed that the most popular team was 2 Winstons-2 Tracers-2 Lucios, or some close variation. I'm pretty sure that's the most dive you can make.

And I have no idea anymore, I refused to touch No limits after I saw 6 defense Symmetras with 6 Shield Generators.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    I thought that Blizzard responding to the hero categories with "its just a loose guide meant to help new players" would have ended this stupid defense/offense/support/tank debate.

GUESS I WAS WRONG. CARRY ON GUYS. I'M SURE THIS CONVERSATION IS STILL NECESSARY AND EXCITING.
    Welcome to the Blizzard Community?

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    Im pretty sad terry crews didnt voice him, i dont think crews could have pulled off the voice of doomfist if thats how blizz wanted it though.
    For all we know he could be the first hero with two voice actors. I would love a legendary skin with Terry Crews ... but we could get another Hero voiced by Crews ... possible Hammond
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    For all we know he could be the first hero with two voice actors. I would love a legendary skin with Terry Crews ... but we could get another Hero voiced by Crews ... possible Hammond
    I'd buy that one instantly.