Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Still waiting for ISIS to be defeated in 30 days.

Still waiting for the wall.

Still waiting for Muslims from being banned.

Still waiting for those 5 million illegal voters to be rooted out and deported.
    Still waiting to get tired of winning?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    snip
    Wow, you were among the last of the people here who I though would go at someone personal like that. Whatever.
    Last edited by mmoc8c38b7d291; 2017-07-06 at 11:59 PM. Reason: fairness

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    Wow, you were among the last of the people here who I though would go at someone personal like that. Whatever.
    That was a general "you", not a specific one. Silly English. I edited my original for greater clarity.

Agreed, the dems are being hijacked by a bunch of populists. 15$/h federal minimum wage is a stupid proposal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Agreed, the dems are being hijacked by a bunch of populists. 15$/h federal minimum wage is a stupid proposal.
    go out and ask most Americans and they wouldn't agree with you, shocker. liberal policies don't need to be populist to get people on board they need to be there in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Living wage or welfare state, pick one.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Wait... is this Kitty Cat suddenly realising that Clinton was from the right wing faction of the Democrat party?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Wait... is this Kitty Cat suddenly realising that Clinton was from the right wing faction of the Democrat party?
    only so far as as to find yet another way to take a jab and the Dem's and "teh left TM".

So are we finally back to using the word "populist" correctly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    "All men are rapists" and "all whites are racist" are bits of nonsense you've made up that have nothing at all to do with the Democrats, or left-wing views in general.
    It's the right wing Republicans who are all up in arms about which bathrooms people use, not the Democrats.
    And if someone's concerned about being labelled a racist for saying something racist, maybe try not being a racist. People accurately labelling someone isn't an injustice that someone is suffering from.
    I think there's still some truth to what @Rilch was saying, though- that Republicans fare better when they can keep the conversation on social issues. While the views of "the left" are often completely mischaracterized and overblown, Right-wing media does a fantastic job at spinning a narrative. The left that I believe in is nothing like what the right-wing media describes, but unfortunately, perception matters more than reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Living wage or welfare state, pick one.
    The key word is federal, IMO the federal government should back off from the minimum wage and let local governments do their thing and raise it if they see the need to do so. Federal increases miss the point that the economy in Bay area cities is not equal to the ones in rural areas and as such what can be benefitial in one can be harmful in the other.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    So are we finally back to using the word "populist" correctly?
    The entire better deal is just populist garbage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    I think there's still some truth to what @Rilch was saying, though- that Republicans fare better when they can keep the conversation on social issues. While the views of "the left" are often completely mischaracterized and overblown, Right-wing media does a fantastic job at spinning a narrative. The left that I believe in is nothing like what the right-wing media describes, but unfortunately, perception matters more than reality.
    I am actually less concerned about narrative coming from the right, what concerns me is that dems seem to fall for such trap so easily. I.e. right now with so many people being about to lose healthcare coverage, dems could gain lot of support by talking about healthcare over and over, but all it takes is Trump sprouting something stupid on twitter yet again and issue of healthcare will be barely noticable, even in typical 'democrat-aligned-media' compared to that (well, at least that's my subjective impression of what usually happens). Maybe it's actually such media to blame for going overly loud everytime Trump does something stupid, not politicans themselves?

I wish both our major parties openly say NO to the leftist collectivistic identity politics.
    We in America will not let them divide us by race,genders,income.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitro View Post
    I wish both our major parties openly say NO to the leftist collectivistic identity politics.
    The left isn't the side primarily playing identity politics anymore. You might not have noticed but the right has taken that over. Just with different identity issues, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    Democrats aren't interested in real issues. They've embraced their corporate overlords. Distracting the masses with relatively irrelevant issues while passing stuff against the interests of the American people is the platform they've taken up.
    Must give probs to the right propaganda machine, even with Trump and gop congress giving tax hand outs to the "corporate overlords" at every opportunity people still hold on this believe.

- - - Updated - - -

The democrats really haven't ever been, sure some youtuber rants about such things, but can you point out any actual legislation sponsored proposed by dems that says "identity politics"

10+ Year Old Account
    The key word is federal, IMO the federal government should back off from the minimum wage and let local governments do their thing and raise it if they see the need to do so.
    They've had their chance, they didn't do it. So again, living wage or welfare state. Those are really the only two choices.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

It isn't the left that is trying to divide. It's the right who is doing that by trying to deny rights to women, LGBT communities etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    It isn't the left that is trying to divide. It's the right who is doing that by trying to deny rights to women, LGBT communities etc.
    and got that information from a left wing website? Thanks for proving my point with personal example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    Must give probs to the right propaganda machine, even with Trump and gop congress giving tax hand outs to the "corporate overlords" at every opportunity people still hold on this believe.

- - - Updated - - -

The democrats really haven't ever been, sure some youtuber rants about such things, but can you point out any actual legislation sponsored proposed by dems that says "identity politics"
    they wont obviously say things they mean cause it will , you need to look at actions and general partys ideology.

same way republicans appel to racists without crying out loud "HEY RACISTS WE HATE MEXICANS TOO".

you lack basic understanding of politics

10+ Year Old Account
    and got that information from a left wing website?
    True or false? The GOP 2016 platform has marriage defined as between a man and a woman.

True or false? The GOP 2016 platform supports banning abortions.

True or false? The GOP 2016 platform supports "freedom of religion."

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    The left isn't the side primarily playing identity politics anymore. You might not have noticed but the right has taken that over. Just with different identity issues, of course.
    wage gap
    racist cops
    feminism
    "bigotry" against muslims
    evil 1%

so on so on so on

goal is
    to spread the divide between these communities and white conservative majority.
    thats called identity politics

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    True or false? The GOP 2016 platform has marriage defined as between a man and a woman.

True or false? The GOP 2016 platform supports banning abortions.

True or false? The GOP 2016 platform supports "freedom of religion."
    1) Marriage is by 99% definitions is an ally between a man and a woman, tho

2)Abortions are immoral overall and after week 6 should be illegal ( for obvious reasons)
    3) I also support it, we have to protect our protestant christian cultural heritage.