Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I personally wouldn't do it, I just don't put it above what it represents.
    Frankly, that's ridiculous. I don't know if you're just being glib, but failing to understand human psychology around symbols and tribes isn't actually going to constitute something like a compelling argument. Burning a Quran isn't just using some paper for kindling, pissing on a flag isn't just relieving yourself on some cloth, and writing "I hate kikes" on Reddit isn't just typing some meaningless words.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    -snip-
    Thank you for understanding despite my typo

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Then go ahead and disrespect Dale Earnhardt in the south they'll explain how he's close to a Messiah.

Not sure what you are trying to do here. No matter what she did it did not warrant the results she got. Whether it's expected or not.

So she got the response she wanted when she did it? I don't understand the problem here.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Frankly, that's ridiculous. I don't know if you're just being glib, but failing to understand human psychology around symbols and tribes isn't actually going to constitute something like a compelling argument. Burning a Quran isn't just using some paper for kindling, pissing on a flag isn't just relieving yourself on some cloth, and writing "I hate kikes" on Reddit isn't just typing some meaningless words.

You don't think it's possible to understand and think it's fucking retarded at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    So she got the response she wanted when she did it? I don't understand the problem here.
    Apparently they went too far. Like she didn't expect them to get her family involved. Because angry mobs better have standards! /s

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Apparently they went too far. Like she didn't expect them to get her family involved. Because angry mobs better have standards! /s
    So she got the response she wanted? She's the talk of the blog now. Hurray, hurray, 15 minutes of fame.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Deleted
    Not sure what you are trying to do here. No matter what she did it did not warrant the results she got. Whether it's expected or not.
    But...that's irrelevant, though. What's "right" and what's "warranted" has nothing to do with anything. You're not going to stop inevitable things by having the (correct) opinion that they're wrong. They're still going to happen.

You don't think it's possible to understand and think it's fucking retarded at the same time?
    I think this sentiment is much more fucking retarded. Symbols and attacks on core identity are always going to matter to normal humans and taking a faux-detached far view of it is absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    MMO-C conservatives on somebody getting 'doxed' : ILLEGAL, GET YOUR PITCHFORKS1
    MMO-C conservatives on a woman's family getting death threats : She deserved it!

lol

It all depends on the situation. But the people I expect to get angry enough to threaten death and rape over this situation are definitely the kind of people I expect to be stupid enough to threaten the rest of the family too. It makes sense in a "They make no sense" type of sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Depends on the opinion, but yeah, I for one absolutely would, if people knew who I was, and if I had family they could threaten. Because it's a blatantly obvious reaction in the world we live in.
    Well, geez, you both don't have much hope for others on the internet it seems

Fair enough, but I still feel like calling her "stupid" over it is a bit silly, since it's still overall, an illogical reaction to have to her deed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    II think what she did was dumb and pointless, but people shouldn't react in the way they did.

The appropriate reaction to this imo would be to ignore it, she's not harming anyone or doing anything dangerous.
    While threatening to rape and or murder her is stupid...should she really be surprised this happened...both parties are at fault...but if she didn't do it then no one would of threatened her or her family.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why not? Genuinely curious
    Because it's against the constitution. Defamation or wanton destruction of a flag is illegal in a number of countries. Here in Canada, you can be charged for letting a Canadian flag become damaged.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    MMO-C conservatives on somebody getting 'doxed' : ILLEGAL, GET YOUR PITCHFORKS1
    MMO-C conservatives on a woman's family getting death threats : She deserved it!
    Regardless of the Dox stuff, what happened to the woman and her family was expected, but definitely wrong. But the dox stuff was pretty shady too.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree even might agree with her. There is a line between should and would. Sometimes people only set examples for others at the price of their own lives.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-07-07 at 12:31 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but you can't do something like this and not expect people to be pissed off. Especially the crazies who would make threats like this.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    I think this sentiment is much more fucking retarded. Symbols and attacks on core identity are always going to matter to normal humans and taking a faux-detached far view of it is absurd.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree. I think worshiping symbols is a sign of a week minded person.

Deleted
    Regardless of the Dox stuff, what happened to the woman and her family was expected, but definitely wrong. But the dox stuff was pretty shady too.
    Yeah I mean, it was expected, obvious, inevitable. It's not "deserved", obviously, and honestly not everyone pointing out that it was expected and obvious is an "MMO-C conservative"; myself, for example. It just rubs me the wrong way when people do stupid things, with obvious outcomes, and every single time they somehow summon this "victim blaming" super shield that excuses their stupidity. That's just not how it works.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Meh attention whore does attention whory thing and gets negative attention. What else is new?

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Well, geez, you both don't have much hope for others on the internet it seems

Fair enough, but I still feel like calling her "stupid" over it is a bit silly, since it's still overall, an illogical reaction to have to her deed.
    Oh, of course not. The internet in general is a cesspool of cartoon villains and overreacting idiots with a dash of decency. I mean, humanity is good 'n all, but the internet gives people a place to act on their darker impulses.