Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Jeff's been raving about dives in Korea since launch. I don't think it was the original intent, but in terms of viewing as an esport, the faster pace of dive seems more attractive to them so that's what they've been pushing for. I'm not surprised we are where we are, or that Doomfist is such a dive focused hero because of that.
    Honestly, I think CTF was an eye-opener in some ways. It's a mode that positively screams for bunkering down, especially if you've got any kind of a lead. Defense is a major component and can't feasibly be ignored.

And that results in games where both teams bunker down while they poke at each other, which is boring as hell for everyone involved, and probably way worse for any spectators.

I don't have any real issue with the faster pace; if it becomes an issue in terms of hero usefulness, there's a few tweaks you could make to certain heroes to improve things; take Rein's move speed reduction while shielding away, for instance, or at least most of it. If a shielding Rein is more mobile, he can react to dives more quickly without being left out of position or having to drop the shield to get back in fast enough; it also means the entire team can move with him at full speed as he repositions, without leaving the safety of the shield. As it is now, the fight can just pass Rein completely, meaning he has to drop the shield and (typically) Charge back in, all of which leaves his team unprotected. With good communication, that's not necessarily bad, but without it, it'll likely mean people get killed.

Roadhog being able to move while healing (but not shooting while channeling it, for obvious reasons) is another possible tweak. I think his nerf left him a little weak, and boosting his survivability might be enough.

Why is character design declining sense release? Shouldn't these new heroes be improving what they done? Doomfist, everything about him I dislike.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Why is character design declining sense release? Shouldn't these new heroes be improving what they done? Doomfist, everything about him I dislike.
    I disagree ... Ana, Sombra and Orisa all imo are better than some release heroes.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Tapzer View Post
    Im pretty sad terry crews didnt voice him, i dont think crews could have pulled off the voice of doomfist if thats how blizz wanted it though.
    Yeah, I think people visualized Doomfist as a more boisterous persona that would fit Crews like a glove, pun intended. Instead he's a brooding leader of Talon with an almost Social Darwinian world view. That doesn't really mesh with Crews I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    For all we know he could be the first hero with two voice actors. I would love a legendary skin with Terry Crews ... but we could get another Hero voiced by Crews ... possible Hammond
    I'm going to guess that Crews is too much fun of a voice to spend on the games super serious apocalypse survival of the fittest super villain.

Judging by his voice lines Crews is just too awesome for Doomfist.

Unfortunately I don't do ptr anymore as it tends to do sudden downloads for updates right in the middle of my normal games.

Also according to the description, It seems Talon is a Cobra rip off as it is a mercenary group run by several leaders and the dominant one at the moment leads. Cobra commander, Destro, Serpentor, Baroness, Dr Mindbender.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-07-07 at 12:41 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    He is weak against her but he does have an uppercut for some verticality and his knuckle guns are good enough at midrange. I watched Seagull charge out of a doorway with rocket punch and accidentally onshot her.
    Yeah thats why I said if she flies low enough, if she's not braindead doom shouldnt be able to hit her let alone charge her.

Unless some bad situation where she somehow landed at the wrong time and a wild doomfist charge appears.

Overall I feel doom will be fun, sometimes a tad too strong if played right with the right composition but I still believe blizz should release more supports and def champs, there are too many dmg heroes already we need some variety in the healing section imo.

Tried him on the PTR against a bunch of easy bots. The charge seems pretty bugged ATM, mostly with enemies sliding off walls and taking no damage. But can't really been to surprised seeing that Reinhardt's charge is still bugged. But maybe it's for the best. As it is now, it's really easy to hit someone with a right click. This could easily becoming Hook 2.0

Also the shockwave is annoying to use in the air as it positions your POV looking down after landing.

10+ Year Old Account
    He's definitely a high skill-cap hero since you need to position well to make full use of his abilities and while in the air. His ult is just another wombo-combo high burst ult but it's pretty safe to use for him. He doesn't seem to get much shields from his passive though as I was just melting him with Zen.

Love his design and voice, don't really see him as much of a threat gameplay wise even though that charged punch can one shot you if you don't pay attention.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Yeah thats why I said if she flies low enough, if she's not braindead doom shouldnt be able to hit her let alone charge her.

Unless some bad situation where she somehow landed at the wrong time and a wild doomfist charge appears.

Overall I feel doom will be fun, sometimes a tad too strong if played right with the right composition but I still believe blizz should release more supports and def champs, there are too many dmg heroes already we need some variety in the healing section imo.
    His hand cannons do great midrange dmg and with an uppercut giving you verticality Pharah is not exactly safe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    He's definitely a high skill-cap hero since you need to position well to make full use of his abilities and while in the air. His ult is just another wombo-combo high burst ult but it's pretty safe to use for him. He doesn't seem to get much shields from his passive though as I was just melting him with Zen.

Love his design and voice, don't really see him as much of a threat gameplay wise even though that charged punch can one shot you if you don't pay attention.
    You really have to hit someone in the center of the orbital strike to do high damage, the further from center the less damage you do. Should be amazing with Zarya though. His ult also can be used to temp contest control points without being able to be harmed.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-07-07 at 02:02 AM.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Holy fuck he is fun. I am worried about the nerfs though, I hope it's just going to nerf his damage and not mobility / cooldowns, as he is right now I think he's a high skill cap hero seeing as he's got a combo system of some sorts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious to finally try a melee centric character. I always wished Genji was more melee but better late than never. Definitely seems like he'll take a lot of learning to get good at, which is something I always find hard with new characters. Was bummed at first about him not being voiced by Terry Crews, but his personality doesn't really seem like a good fit, so perhaps he'll get used on something else.

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck doomfist azshara and n`zoth are comming

I've never thought any of the new heroes were broken til now. Several stuns/ knock backs all on low cds, high damage 250 hp, shields high mobility really great ult

He is literally unstoppable in a dive comp
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Fortunately you don't really represent everyone but it's good that you have your own opinion?

It is impossible for Blizzard to make every single person happy with every single character they make. If you don't like him then don't play him. While you are welcome to your opinion let's not pretend that everyone shares your opinion because you only represent yourself.
    Last edited by DeadmanWalking; 2017-07-07 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    While you are welcome to your opinion let's not pretend that everyone shares your opinion because you only represent yourself.
    Do you have a habit of putting words in other people's mouth? Should fix that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Do you have a habit of putting words in other people's mouth? Should fix that.
    What exactly do you dislike about him that much? I think his design is incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played around on the practice range. Three cooldown abilities, plus his primary attack regenerates as opposed to reloads. It's a lot of crap to pay attention to.

I don't see the point of the thing where he jumps forward a little and hits the ground. If you have an ability that does that, then there's no point in having it also draw the enemy to you. Eh, maybe that's just me. haven't played him yet. Won't until live. have no interest in 6 on 6 Doomfist fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Played around on the practice range. Three cooldown abilities, plus his primary attack regenerates as opposed to reloads. It's a lot of crap to pay attention to.

I don't see the point of the thing where he jumps forward a little and hits the ground. If you have an ability that does that, then there's no point in having it also draw the enemy to you. Eh, maybe that's just me. haven't played him yet. Won't until live. have no interest in 6 on 6 Doomfist fights.
    I think that ability is mostly supposed to be used to get to places. The damage is pretty crap so don't let it fool you into using it when there's a bunch of enemies grouped up together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post

It pulls people in, which could have some use in breaking a team defense, but you can get a TON of distance out of the ability if you use it in the air. His uppercut is a reasonable and easy way to get that air.

I was mucking about earlier, you can climb a lot of stuff. It's at least as much height as Genji's double jump (but not as much as his wall climb, when you add that in), and you can get a lot of horizontal distance pretty quick if you're up high to start with.

One thing I noticed, too, is that his ultimate is SUPPOSED to be him jumping up and then slamming back down on the point targeted. But it does NOT work that way, in practice. You basically go invisible/incorporeal, and can't jump, but "you" are still there, moving the reticle. And then you get spawned back wherever the reticle is. If you're on a bridge, and you fall down, or go inside a building, you'll appear UNDER the roof, you won't slam down ONTO the roof from above. It's basically not possible to get back to that upper level if you fall off while aiming it, but it also means people can't hide inside to get away from it.

7+ Year Old Account
    i am still heart broken it was not terry crews...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content