Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

Final boss of 7.3 Antorus raid speech and ending (MEGA SPOILERS)

Posted by wowhead:

The titan soul of Argus is the key to breaking the Legion. Our defenses must hold long enough to destroy it... or Sargeras wins.
    Perhaps this world's past can aid us. I will scour my memory for what may yet remain.

Ye did it! Aggramar's essence is free! He can stand beside his brethren once more.
    The very cradle of creation!
    The titans can sever that connection... but not here. They need ta bring the soul o' Argus ta their place o' power... the Seat o' the Pantheon.
    Our victories mean nothing. So long as Sargeras has the soul of Argus to fuel his infinite army, Azeroth remains in grave peril.
    Their final act will harness the last o' Argus's power, to imprison Sargeras... once and for all.
    Heroes, I can signal the titans ta begin. Once they start their ritual... there's no turnin back!
    The tortured soul of Argus has been put to rest.
    It matters not. We have lost. Look to the skies!
    Sargeras will soon undo all we have fought for.
    No.
    We will use the last glimmer of Argus's power to bind him here. The Seat of the Pantheon shall become Sargeras's prison... and ours as well.
    You would condemn yourselves to stop him?
    Our world must survive... no matter the cost!
    A sacrifice must be made.
    Return home, children of Azeroth. Protect the final titan.
    Prophet... what happened out there?
    Illidan serves as the Dark Titan's jailer. His sacrifice has ended the Legion. At long last, the Burning Crusade...is over.

Illidan's redemption is met.
    Last edited by Richardbro; 2017-07-07 at 07:02 AM.
    Pally Collector, 785+ Mounts, 1740+ Pets, 715+ Toys, 34000+ achieves.

Good, good.

Fucker deserves that long ass imprisonment.

Hope he never returns.

Interesting. So we don't fight Sargeras at all, we trap him on argus. Good, I'm glad we don't actually fight him. They can touch on him later down the line at some point.

Illidans sacrifice was somewhat unexpected. He has always been about sacrificing others for his ideals and his idea of "the greater good". Now we get to see him actually sacrifice something in order to save the world.

I like it. Sounds awesome. Seems like the fight/cinematic will be fuckin awesome.

7+ Year Old Account
    This isn't a bad ending, but without a proper colossal Sargeras fight (what Spine of Deathwing should have been) I'll consider Legion a failure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I have a wife, dude. Sure it's a sexless marriage but at least I sleep closer to a woman you or OP - or hell, most of this forum - ever will :>

Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    This isn't a bad ending, but without a proper colossal Sargeras fight (what Spine of Deathwing should have been) I'll consider Legion a failure.
    To be fair, imprisoning Sargeras is a way better ending, than just fighting his toes.

Besides, he will get a model. We like won't fight em, though.

A failure? Why? Sargeras' power level is way above anything. We shouldn't be able to fight him.

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    Interesting. So we don't fight Sargeras at all, we trap him on argus. Good, I'm glad we don't actually fight him. They can touch on him later down the line at some point.

Illidans sacrifice was somewhat unexpected. He has always been about sacrificing others for his ideals and his idea of "the greater good". Now we get to see him actually sacrifice something in order to save the world.

I like it. Sounds awesome. Seems like the fight/cinematic will be fuckin awesome.
    We're actually imprisoning him at the Seat of the Pantheon. AKA, where The Pantheon use to reign their order BS around....

Think of it as vengeance for both Illidan, The Draenei, and The Titans, for all those endless years of chaos in the Universe.

Deleted
    Good good, I love the fact we don't actually fight or destroy Sargeras! What I wonder though is if we will maybe see him in a cinematic!

Quote Originally Posted by Richardbro View Post
    Illidan serves as the Dark Titan's jailer. His sacrifice has ended the Legion. At long last, the Burning Crusade...is over.
    Poor Maiev...

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    A failure? Why? Sargeras' power level is way above anything. We shouldn't be able to fight him.
    Basically. Sargeras isn't the last boss of legion, but he kind of is, considering that we're going to deal with him at the end of the Raid, likely in a cinematic, or in a big ending prize for the players, after all their countless struggles on Argus.

Either way, i'll be satisfied.

Was afraid that we wouldn't see him AT ALL, in the Expac.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skyren View Post
    Poor Maiev...
    Illidan: Sargeras, you's MY Bitch now!

Sargeras: Blizzard! Why did you give me this treatment?

Blizz: Fuck off Sargeras. Power to the plot!

Sargeras: Aww! I gotta stay here FOREVER?!

Blizz: FOREVER!

Sargeras: Aww. But that's not fair. Oh, wait, shit, it is.

Me: You don't say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgath View Post
    Good good, I love the fact we don't actually fight or destroy Sargeras! What I wonder though is if we will maybe see him in a cinematic!
    Better to Jail the fucker forever, than to see him again at some point. That, or fight his toes. Wouldn't want to pull another Cataclysm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, Legion is a failure if we don't actually beat up the planet-cleaving mad titan.

We'd have absolutely 0 fucking chance in any aspect of that fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Oh yeah, Legion is a failure if we don't actually beat up the planet-cleaving mad titan.

I'm sure plenty of people would say that about Ragnaros/The Lich King/Deathwing/Y'Shaarj.
    My point being that Blizzard has plenty of plot devices they can whoop out to let us fight these kinds of guys. We have the titans on our side, as well as the Army of Light, Illidan, and basically every other superpowered lore character there is. We could fight him at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    I have a wife, dude. Sure it's a sexless marriage but at least I sleep closer to a woman you or OP - or hell, most of this forum - ever will :>

If we don't encounter Sargeras in some shape or form I will not only be disappointed with Legion but also with how anti-climatic the story of the Burning Legion and Sargeras ends.

The whole Void Lord stuff seems to be WoW's current focus and now they are just sweeping the Legion aside just like that.

Also, Broxigar was able to scratch Sargeras with a magical axe. With how bad the lore has been, they could easily make up a BS reason as to why we could at least combat him.
    Last edited by Spellbraker; 2017-07-07 at 05:59 AM.
    World of Warcraft: Level 60 Blood Elf Holy Paladin

Is this official? Or bad fanfic being put up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post
    If we don't encounter Sargeras in some shape or form I will not only be disappointed with Legion but also with how anti-climatic the story of the Burning Legion and Sargeras ends.

The whole Void Lord stuff seems to be WoW's current focus and now they are just sweeping the Legion aside just like that.

Also, Broxigar was able to scratch Sargeras with a magical axe. With how bad the lore has been, they could easily make up a BS reason as to why we could at least combat him.
    We could probably do just as much Broxigar did...
    Scratch him and go "poof" the next second; makes for a nice "combat" eh?

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    Is this official? Or bad fanfic being put up.
    It's legit. Under the "Final Boss Encounter" spoiler.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aw, boo. Well, I guess Illidan isn't dead. Hopefully he gets blamed for murdering Argus while no one knows about Sargeras being imprisoned. If Illidan gets any sort of respect, I'm going to be really disappointed. Maybe something can happen that puts him in a bad light, since he isn't dead. Sargeras escapes, Illidan gets flak for letting him go...let SOMETHING happen! Don't ruin the tragedy!

So 3 expansions from now:
    "Heros! Illidan got corrupted by Sargeras and Sargeras broke free with his help!" and the whole shit starts over again.

~meh.

If that is true then at least we know how all this will currently end. Could be worse, but it certainly serves as an end for everything Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post

Well, to be fair, Illidan's GOING to beat up Sargeras.

That's why he's the Dark Titan's Jailer, yes? Ehehe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spellbraker View Post

Dude, Sargeras IS going to appear in the raid, that's why we're imprisoning the fucker to life.

7+ Year Old Account
    i like it, but im sad illidan has come back just to leave again.. i was really hoping when it was all over he would be able to make friends with his brother again, maybe talk to tyrande, have a real heart felt moment, find a women of his own, have a kid...
    hes earned it after all... but i guess just as soon as we get him back, we have to say goodbye.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good