Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say this sounds okay to me. Of the various different ways it could have ended, this sounds like a good compromise and I think it works. I've no problem with losing Illidan... I knew something was going to happen to him. They weren't going to bring him back and keep him around as a permanent new hero character Khadgar style. It seemed obvious to me he was either going to die, turn evil again or disappear Kerrigan-style.

I like the irony that he will become a jailer himself now. It's obvious they just wanted to bring him back for an expansion so he gets a more positive good-guy ending instead of dying a villain.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    so basically this is the final raid tier for legion ?

10+ Year Old Account
    another one of those endings where the villain doesn't actually die but instead gets sealed up in a hole.

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    so basically this is the final raid tier for legion ?
    Have you not been paying attention? Argus, Army of the Light, Alleria, Turalyon, Varimathras, Titans, Sargeras??? Does it sound to you like a side patch?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i like it, but im sad illidan has come back just to leave again.. i was really hoping when it was all over he would be able to make friends with his brother again, maybe talk to tyrande, have a real heart felt moment, find a women of his own, have a kid...
    hes earned it after all... but i guess just as soon as we get him back, we have to say goodbye.
    This is kinde fucked up, we didn't see his reunion with Tyrande/Malfurion.

OT:
    Imprisioning Sargeras? That means one thing: Blizzard will use him SOON again, otherwise we would have just killed him.

But wait - the Xe'ra vision was Illidan fighting in the Army of Light with the Void. So we won't lost him forever... He'll be back. Maybe we'll need Sargeras because we are insufficient to fight with the Void? "Enemy of my (stronger) enemy is my friend"
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-07-07 at 08:04 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    This is kinde fucked up, we didn't see his reunion with Tyrande/Malfurion.

OT:
    Imprisioning Sargeras? That means one thing: Blizzard will use him SOON again, otherwise we would have just killed him.

But wait - the Xe'ra vision was Illidan fighting in the Army of Light with the Void. So we won't lost him forever... He'll be back. Maybe we'll need Sargeras because we are insufficient to fight with the Void? "Enemy of my (stronger) enemy is my friend"
    i was really hoping to see some devolpment between the two, both forgivving eachother, talking about how they both had their mistakes and were sorry... but nope, they havent even fucking seen eachother since then it looks like
    hell malfurion may not even know illidan is free!? (im joking, of corse he does)
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

And then void lords come, and we free Sargeras up to fight them, because "I have sacrificed thousands of worlds, what have you given?".
    And then he will join the toxic relationship of Maiev and Illidan.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    And then void lords come, and we free Sargeras up to fight them, because "I have sacrificed thousands of worlds, what have you given?".
    And then he will join the toxic relationship of Maiev and Illidan.
    New class/race TITAN with a single emote: /sacrifice

Isn't Eonar bigger than Sargeras? if we fight Eonar and Aggramar they could have easily made us fight Sargeras

Quote Originally Posted by Syncroniam View Post
    Isn't Eonar bigger than Sargeras? if we fight Eonar and Aggramar they could have easily made us fight Sargeras
    We don't fight Eonar, though.

If we killed Sargeras people would be complaining. If we don't kill him, peope are complaining.

To be honest at this point I think blizzard's best bet was to go "the hero of azeroth all die and sargeras too, the end."

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    We don't fight Eonar, though.
    One of the bosses in Argus raid is Eonar and another one is Aggramar, they even showed their models

I feel like this is incomplete. In other lines there are phrases definetely spoken by Sargeras. And here we have no word from him. Weird enough.
    Also, he actually arrives. "Look to the skies, we've lost!" - can only mean that he is finally here.
    Only to get trapped? Perhaps.
    BUT
    What if there be additional mythic phase where we have to fight, contain him for some minutes until Titans and Illidan prepare a trap?
    Or a mythic-only encounter even? That would be weird that Sargeras didn't say a word befor his entrapment. I guess not everything is opened yet.
    And if there's no mythic only phase or encounter featuring him, this will be a total screwing up of everything done before in this expansion. I do hope they not repeat this grave mistake. Just imagine Deathwing never featured as a boss at all, sounds okay to you?
    Warmaster Blackhorn, the final boss! And then Aspects and Thrall just blow DW by Dragon Soul in a cinematic. Beutiful, isn't it?
    To me, mythic only Sargeras would be totally fine. Lorewise, normal and mythic have same outcome - Argus defeated, Sargeras imprisoned. Same as Nighthold ending - Gul'dan dead, Illidan free. But in between that something more can be done - actual moment of fight. Yes, maybe Madness-style. Yes we finally use all might of Artifacts to hold ground. Yes, it's not about defeating, only enduring for some minutes. But that what we deserve to get.
    And to those who keep whining that we can't fight a Titan - wake up, look around! We just fought a real titan, Argus! Why not at least struggle for several minutes with another one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncroniam View Post
    One of the bosses in Argus raid is Eonar and another one is Aggramar, they even showed their models
    Yeah but the fight is actually protect Eonar. Or heal her. But not fight her.

Aggramar is indeed an offense fight, though.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

I just hope the fight is a good one and we are not attacking his fingernails or something (like we were on Madness of Deathwing).

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Aw, boo. Well, I guess Illidan isn't dead. Hopefully he gets blamed for murdering Argus while no one knows about Sargeras being imprisoned. If Illidan gets any sort of respect, I'm going to be really disappointed. Maybe something can happen that puts him in a bad light, since he isn't dead. Sargeras escapes, Illidan gets flak for letting him go...let SOMETHING happen! Don't ruin the tragedy!
    Prophet... what happened out there?
    Illidan serves as the Dark Titan's jailer. His sacrifice has ended the Legion. At long last, the Burning Crusade...is over.

So Illidan isn't going to fight the Void as a Champion of the Light after all (as implied by his novel). I'm disappointed.
    At least this appears to be a pretty epic fight but time will tell.

I'm still not sure how the Titans return to life since Sargeras was supposed to have killed them.
    Last edited by Galathir; 2017-07-07 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Racthoh View Post
    another one of those endings where the villain doesn't actually die but instead gets sealed up in a hole.
    Yea, go ahead, you try to kill a guy that cleaves a planet in half and solo kills the Pantheon.

Illidan: "Tell them only that the Dark Titan is imprisoned. And that Illidan died with him".
    IF Illidan going to sacrifice himself, then I hope he DIE in the process to seal in Sargeras.
    So it doesn't become a Jailer of the Damned thing all over again.
    They killed off so meny characters, they might aswell keep it rolling with Illidan aswell~

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Yea, go ahead, you try to kill a guy that cleaves a planet in half.
    Polymorph, obviously.

Imprisoning Sargeras is stupid. They could have another titan kill him after we "free" him from corruption.