Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    The storic prisoner becomes the eternal jailer..... the irony.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Seems a bit anticlimactic to me. The biggest evil and greatest threat in the Warcraft universe just gets put on the backburner so they can bring him back a few expansions down the line.
    Yeah once their void story flops, they'll have Sargeras to come back and save the franchise.

Then again fucking up Sargeras like this, is going to cost them a lot of subs.

Players have been waiting for this moment for years, and now they make it seem that Sargeras is completely useless and we're not even going to fight him when he's useless either. The story writing was good until that patch, then they screwed it all up again, typical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakushisai View Post

7.3 will be out in August. The tier itself and patch 7.3.5 will probably be in October/November.
    Exactly. And with the cats out of the bag regarding 7.3 and the basic setting of 8.0 I don't see Gamescom being devoted to 7.3 alone

Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    who is that supposed to be again?
    Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by braxx View Post
    who is that supposed to be again?
    Well judging from the page, there's Alleria, Turaylon, Velen, Khadgar, Thalyssra, Lay Liadrin and Magni with Illidan for the children.

As for the final Titan, that's Azeroth.

Yeah once their void story flops, they'll have Sargeras to come back and save the franchise.

Players have been waiting for this moment for years, and now they make it seem that Sargeras is completely useless and we're not even going to fight him when he's useless either. The story writing was good until that patch, then they screwed it all up again, typical.
    It was pretty obvious that we're not going to kill Sargeras. Sure some fans thought we would kill him but come on. It's still Sargeras.

If/when they pull out some way for Void Lords to manifest in the physical plane, I'm sure that'll be after Sargeras is subdued, as Void Lords are more powerful (DBZ power creep) than Sargeras.

Considering the Void story hasn't really been built upon and recently only reared it's head in more identifiable circumstances... What do we know about the Void other than simple things like it's something the Old Gods and Void Lords do? And that a single Titan objects to?

If we did kill Sargeras, then everyone and their dog would scream what a load of BS, cry Deus and permanently unsub.

Sargeras was building a new Pantheon. Meaning we could be in for more shit and something bigger to build upon, he survived and won't be the last. Azeroth is the final Titan but Argus has turned out to be one too. Not really useless the dude was building a greater army than Burning Legion.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-07 at 09:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    None of the people listed are bigger than a planet...
    So here we have Sargeras slicing a planet in half.

Here we have Sargeras again. Still pretty massive, about the size Archimonde was in W3 cinematics, and about the size Ragnaros is depicted is most of his artwork.

Here he is again, more or less the size of the demons warlocks use as pets.

Pointless argument is pointless.

Deleted
    Seeing this made me feel weird. After playing WoW since I was 12 (now 23) reading 'Illidan serves as the Dark Titan's jailer. His sacrifice has ended the Legion. At long last, the Burning Crusade...is over.' gave me a little lump in my throat.

That said, it seems a little disappointing. I really hope since we don't fight him that whatever this means is impressive: 'It matters not. We have lost. Look to the skies! Sargeras will soon undo all we have fought for.'

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    So here we have Sargeras slicing a planet in half.

Here we have Sargeras again. Still pretty massive, about the size Archimonde was in W3 cinematics, and about the size Ragnaros is depicted is most of his artwork.

Here he is again, more or less the size of the demons warlocks use as pets.

Pointless argument is pointless.
    Yeah, powerful entities can affect and alter their own size. Archimonde and Kil'jaeden could do so too.

And afaik, the Pantheon initially did it to be able to interact safely with Azeroth.

Quote Originally Posted by Belisaurio View Post
    What will happen to all demons?
    Sargeras lies supine, the shattered remnants of Gorshalach beside him. He starts as the ghost of Aman'Thul materializes over him, and the characteristic blue glow dissipates from his eyes. As Aman'Thul kneels next to him, Sargeras places a hand on his brother's chest.
    Sargeras: Brother! Is it... over?
    Aman'Thul lays a comforting hand on Sargeras's gauntlet.
    Aman'Thul: At long last. No Titan rules forever, brother.
    Sargeras: I see... only void... before... me...
    Sargeras's eyes roll back into his head and he dies, his hand falling to the ground. Aman'Thul closes his brother's eyes and gently lays him on the ground as Khadgar walks in.
    Aman'Thul: Without its master's command, the restless Burning Legion will become an even greater threat to this world.
    Aman'Thul stands, facing Khadgar.
    Aman'Thul: Control must be maintained. There must always be a Burning Legion commander.
    Aman'Thul disappears.

Khadgar: The weight, of such a burden, it must be mine, for there is no other.
    Illidan: Khadgar! You hold a grim destiny in your hands mage, but it is not your own!
    The scorched visage of Illidan is revealed, sitting atop the Pantheon's Throne.
    Khadgar: Illidan! By all that is holy...
    Illidan: The Nether's flame sealed my fate, the world of the living, can no longer comfort me. Place the crown upon my head Khadgar, forever more, I will be the jailer of the damned.
    Khadgar: No new friend, I cannot...
    Illidan: Do it Khadgar! You and these brave heroes have your own destinies to fulfil, this last act of service is mine.
    Khadgar: You will not be forgotten demon hunter...
    Illidan: I must be forgotten Khadgar, if the world is to live free from the Tyranny of fear, they must never know what was done here today.
    Khadgar nods and accedes to Illidan's request, putting the crown onto his head. The chamber begins to shake violently. There is a flash of light and Illidan's eyes are glowing golden yellow.
    Illidan: Tell them only that Sargeras is dead
    Illidan's voice changes, acquiring the Sargeras's characteristic deep echo.
    Illidan: and that Illidan, died with him!
    Illidan: Now go! Leave this place and never return.

BONUS:
    Khadgar yells: Citizens of Dalaran!
    Raise your eyes to the skies and observe! Today our world's destruction has been averted in defiance of our very makers!
    Sargeras, lord of the Burning Legion, has been defeated by our brave comrades in the Argusr.
    Sargeras wanted to judge the fate of our world. He found a planet whose races had deviated from the titans' blueprints. A planet where not everything had gone according to plan.
    Cold logic deemed our world not worth saving. Cold logic, however, does not account for the power of free will. It's up to each of us to prove this is a world worth saving. That our lives... our lives are worth living.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-07-07 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Sargeras lies supine, the shattered remnants of Gorshalach beside him. He starts as the ghost of Eonnar materializes over him, and the characteristic blue glow dissipates from his eyes. As Eonnar kneels next to him, Sargeras places a hand on his brother's chest.
    Eonnar lays a comforting hand on Sargeras's gauntlet.
    Eonnar: At long last. No Titan rules forever, brother.
    Sargeras's eyes roll back into his head and he dies, his hand falling to the ground. Eonnar closes his brother's eyes and gently lays him on the ground as Khadgar walks in.
    Eonnar: Without its master's command, the restless Burning Legion will become an even greater threat to this world.
    Eonnar stands, facing Khadgar.
    Eonnar: Control must be maintained. There must always be a Burning Legion commander.
    Eonnar disappears.

Illidan: Khadgar! You hold a grim destiny in your hands mage, but it is not your own!
    Illidan: The Nether's flame sealed my fate, the world of the living, can no longer comfort me. Place the crown upon my head Khadgar, forever more, I will be the jailer of the damned.
    Illidan: Do it Khadgar! You and these brave heroes have your own destinies to fulfil, this last act of service is mine.
    Illidan: I must be forgotten Khadgar, if the world is to live free from the Tyranny of fear, they must never know what was done here today.
    Khadgar nods and accedes to Illidan's request, sliding the helm onto his head. The chamber begins to shake violently. There is a flash of light and Illidan's eyes are glowing golden yellow.
    The thing is Illidan can't wear helm.

Deleted
    Imo we should have the option to fight the Sargeras just to show that there is no way to actually kill him. Something like "let's imprison him!" "naah we are all super heroes and sh1t, we kill him" -> We have encounter with him (or even better only his avatar, a fracture of his power) where he has infinite amount of life, pretty much one shots tanks and after about minute, he grows tired of this waste of time and snaps his fingers to disintegrate us all with ease. We survive cause our "supah" artifacts took the blow and ended shattered, we are weak and sh1t and we see that there is only one way to end him is to jail him.

That would still show that he is the most powerful entity in the universe and we are not even able to make a dent on his avatar, let alone kill him.

Sargeras lies supine, the shattered remnants of Gorshalach beside him. He starts as the ghost of Eonnar materializes over him, and the characteristic blue glow dissipates from his eyes. As Eonnar kneels next to him, Sargeras places a hand on his brother's chest.
    Sargeras's eyes roll back into his head and he dies, his hand falling to the ground. Eonnar closes his brother's eyes and gently lays him on the ground as Khadgar walks in.
    Eonnar: Without its master's command, the restless Burning Legion will become an even greater threat to this world.
    Eonnar: Control must be maintained. There must always be a Burning Legion commander.
    Eonnar disappears.

Khadgar nods and accedes to Illidan's request, sliding the helm onto his head. The chamber begins to shake violently. There is a flash of light and Illidan's eyes are glowing golden yellow.
    If they actually did something like this, the internet would explode. I'd love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    The thing is Illidan can't wear helm.
    Changed to Crown!

Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    So... basically the whole Arthas and Lich King ordeal v2?

Arthas talking to his spiritual dead father from the shattering of Frostmourne...
    And then Tirion speaking to Bolvar.

Not sure I like it wholly since it's a dupe.
    That's the point, they're doing it again.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-07-07 at 09:47 AM.

Eonnar disappears.

Khadgar nods and accedes to Illidan's request, putting the crown onto his head. The chamber begins to shake violently. There is a flash of light and Illidan's eyes are glowing golden yellow.

BONUS:
    Raise your eyes to the skies and observe! Today our world's destruction has been averted in defiance of our very makers!
    Sargeras, lord of the Burning Legion, has been defeated by our brave comrades in the Argusr.
    Sargeras wanted to judge the fate of our world. He found a planet whose races had deviated from the titans' blueprints. A planet where not everything had gone according to plan.
    Cold logic deemed our world not worth saving. Cold logic, however, does not account for the power of free will. It's up to each of us to prove this is a world worth saving. That our lives... our lives are worth living.
    So... basically the whole Arthas and Lich King ordeal v2?

Arthas talking to his spiritual dead father from the shattering of Frostmourne...
    And then Tirion speaking to Bolvar.

Not sure I like it wholly since it's a dupe.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorti View Post
    But.... Am I wrong or there is a Troll line ?
    At first I thought that was Crystal Magni with a dwarven accent but reading it again you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorti View Post
    They won't bring back Sargeras. Impossible. The story of the burning legion is over. No more demons. Blizzard won't do it. ( I mean it)

But.... Am I wrong or there is a Troll line ?
    I thought it was Troll, but there is in fact Magni Bronzebeard in the frey. If you check the Wowhead link, all of the people involved are there.

Eonnar disappears.

BONUS:
    Jajjaja, that was fun.
    But joke aside, Undeads needed something to continue being "alive" in the mortal realms (necromantic magic, etc...). The ones that were mindless coudn't do anything but rampage over everything like animals (I can understand that).
    But demons used to do the same before Sargeras came. They smoked some titan essence, but nothing more. They followed him becaue the other option was being killed again (and nobody likes that).
    After Argus patch, the Titan is not here, so sex, drugs and rock'n roll. They don't have any titan essence to smoke, but the transformation was already done (from chronicles 1).
    If the rift between the twisting neather and the great dark beyond is still there, Demon's can continue doing the same, again and again. Not under the same banner, but I don't think that they really care about flags.

Deleted
    Can someone explain this to me?

This whole expansion everyone was like "We can't fight Sargeras he is too big." "We are expected to lose." "We can only stop the Legion if we destroy Sargeras."

Now its like "Oh hi, its me Illidian, i'll just prison him." How does this even work or persist "forever"??