Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Blizzard is making WoW for 15-16 year's old boys.
    They didn't play Wrath of the Lich King so they don't remember movie with Tirion and Bolvar...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evangeliste View Post
    I thought it was Troll, but there is in fact Magni Bronzebeard in the frey. If you check the Wowhead link, all of the people involved are there.
    Nah it sounds lik a troll. Sure a lttle less 'mon' than expected, but it sounds like a troll.

EDIT: No wait, trolls would say da titan instead of ta titan. It is Magni. So I guess the Horde just chills offscreen this expansion. Funny, I seem to remember Sylvanas being advertised as a major character this expansion.
    Last edited by mmoc38dc10fd5b; 2017-07-07 at 10:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    This isn't a bad ending, but without a proper colossal Sargeras fight (what Spine of Deathwing should have been) I'll consider Legion a failure.
    What a fuckfail ending. Legion focused expansion that closes the Burning Legion story without a proper Sargeras fight at the end.
    There is no justification for this since lore is a silly joke anyway by now with the megaton of retcons and the whole godly artifacts bullshit.
    We defeat the second most powerful titan (Aggramar) with our plotshielded "heroes" and render useless the whole impossible difficulty traits from the lore yet they couldn't be arsed to deliver a Sargeras fight.
    This just pushed Legion below WoD overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Nah it sounds lik a troll. Sure a lttle less 'mon' than expected, but it sounds like a troll.

EDIT: No wait, trolls would say da titan instead of ta titan. It is Magni. So I guess the Horde just chills offscreen this expansion. Funny, I seem to remember Sylvanas being advertised as a major character this expansion.
    Yeah, I remember the mon gesture being something they used quite liberally.
    It does suck that Horde took the back foot but I think that's to stop the overuse from Mists and Warlords. I bet next expansion we will see more Horde.

Deleted
    Yeah, I remember the mon gesture being something they used quite liberally.
    It does suck that Horde took the back foot but I think that's to stop the overuse from Mists and Warlords. I bet next expansion we will see more Horde.
    To be fair WoD was orc overuse. And for MoP the Belf stuff was long overdue.

Quote Originally Posted by Syncroniam View Post
    One of the bosses in Argus raid is Eonar and another one is Aggramar, they even showed their models
    Yeah, but we protect and heal Eonar, like that green dragon in ICC.

To be fair WoD was orc overuse. And for MoP the Belf stuff was long overdue.
    Well by the end, I was pretty bored of what Garrosh was up to, that and you had Siege of Orgrimmar which was the beginning of that art direction.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    Yeah, but we protect and heal Eonar, like that green dragon in ICC.
    I'm looking forward to that, get to combat my fellow guildie and see who can pump it out ahha.

Deleted
    Well by the end, I was pretty bored of what Garrosh was up to, that and you had Siege of Orgrimmar which was the beginning of that art direction.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm looking forward to that, get to combat my fellow guildie and see who can pump it out ahha.
    So yeah. Orcs. Funny thing is most people (me included) got tired of orcs by the end of Cataclysm.

So yeah. Orcs. Funny thing is most people (me included) got tired of orcs by the end of Cataclysm.
    Yeah, I didn't mind too much and would try an look at each expansion anew and so forth. Say at the beginning of MoP I had hoped and enjoyed a completely different interjection with the Pandas but yeah... that went down the old Orc way. Bloody Blizzard.

With how Anduin is going maybe they took and thought "Hmmm... Dem Orcs need a break!". We might actually get it?

Deleted
    Yeah, I didn't mind too much and would try an look at each expansion anew and so forth. Say at the beginning of MoP I had hoped and enjoyed a completely different interjection with the Pandas but yeah... that went down the old Orc way. Bloody Blizzard.

With how Anduin is going maybe they took and thought "Hmmm... Dem Orcs need a break!". We might actually get it?
    I don't mind an orc break. But, you know. No reason to ditch half the playable races. Especially with two non-orc warchiefs in a row. Welp, maybe next expansion.

Color me unimpressed.

We defend Eonar and defeat Aggramar in the same raid, but we aren't allowed to face Sargeras and actually put an end to him.

We're going to go from literally fighting titans, to fighting some random pirates while waiting for the next real threat, at which point Azeroth will sacrifice herself to fight/seal away the big bads.

Blizzard literally cannot allow us to finish off a real threat by ourselves, even in the expansion designed around becoming as powerful as possible.
    Frequent Poster on Fluid Druid, The best Feral community out there

My Character

Whilst everyone is banging on about Illidan and Sargeras, I couldn't help but notice:

1. We're not killing Aggramar we're redeeming him.

2. Presumably the pillars of creation carry the spirits of or somehow enable the titans to manifest themselves.

3. The titans all sacrifice themselves leaving Azeroth as the last titan.

Illidan was never going to have a happily ever after ending, so I'm really not surprised at him being the jailer of Sargeras. It almost feels too Bolivar though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraineth View Post
    Color me unimpressed.

We defend Eonar and defeat Aggramar in the same raid, but we aren't allowed to face Sargeras and actually put an end to him.

We're going to go from literally fighting titans, to fighting some random pirates while waiting for the next real threat, at which point Azeroth will sacrifice herself to fight/seal away the big bads.

Blizzard literally cannot allow us to finish off a real threat by ourselves, even in the expansion designed around becoming as powerful as possible.
    I'd say it's better than fighting Sargeras himself. I don't think they could do that fight justice as there's a huge chance of not meeting expectations.

Color me unimpressed.

Sargeras Killed Eonar and Aggramar, its likely an Avatar containing the Titans Soul.

And who said we'll be fighting pirates? The whole reason Sargeras went on this Burning Crusade in the first place was to prevent any Nascent Titans from becoming corrupted by the void and more powerful than the entire pantheon, eventually consuming all planets and life in the great dark. We still have to deal with the void's influence on Azeroth (Old Gods), we have N'zoth to deal with. Seems likely to be a large part of the next expansion along side Kul Tiras. (re: "The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.")

I'm also willing to bet N'zoth won't be the new "big bad", merely a stepping stone to secure Azeroth before turning our attention to the rest of the void along side the army of the light.

This could even be an opening for N'zoth to do something, all of our greatest heroes and most powerful artifacts are off world fighting the legion. We may return too late, it's entirely possible to maintain WoW as it is lorewise through some Bronze magic shenanigans and have an alternate azeroth expansion akin to Cataclysm.
    (This signature was clearly too awesome for the Avatar & Signature Guidelines and was removed to prevent further facemelting)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerot View Post
    Sargeras Killed Eonar and Aggramar, its likely an Avatar containing the Titans Soul.

And who said we'll be fighting pirates? The whole reason Sargeras went on this Burning Crusade in the first place was to prevent any Nascent Titans from becoming corrupted by the void and more powerful than the entire pantheon, eventually consuming all planets and life in the great dark. We still have to deal with the void's influence on Azeroth (Old Gods), we have N'zoth to deal with. Seems likely to be a large part of the next expansion along side Kul Tiras. (re: "The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight.")

I'm also willing to bet N'zoth won't be the new "big bad", merely a stepping stone to secure Azeroth before turning our attention to the rest of the void along side the army of the light.

This could even be an opening for N'zoth to do something, all of our greatest heroes and most powerful artifacts are off world fighting the legion. We may return too late, it's entirely possible to maintain WoW as it is lorewise through some Bronze magic shenanigans and have an alternate azeroth expansion akin to Cataclysm.
    Don't look so smug, I know what you are thinking, but Darkshore was merely a setback.
    Did you think I would really trust my future to some blind, tentacled mongrel?
    Oh, no no no. He was merely an intrument. A stepping stone for a much bigger plan. And this time you will not intervene.

Don't look so smug, I know what you are thinking, but Darkshore was merely a setback.
    Did you think I would really trust my future to some blind, tentacled mongrel?
    Oh, no no no. He was merely an intrument. A stepping stone for a much bigger plan. And this time you will not intervene.
    Is this the "Quoting older content" thread? First the Illidan/Lich King thing, now you

Color me unimpressed.

You forgot that at the beginning of the expansion we literally got our asses kicked... Big characters and more powerful died. We had to retreat, only to return with items that could help us. Even then it's obvious we still are no match to a Titan. Who in turn, was making a NEW Pantheon.
    The Titans we see in that raid, including the Argus world soul... they are basically Avatars. Norgannon saved their souls, not their bodies. Their bodies were a conduit too so just being a soul doesn't make them like Sargeras who is all intact.

Makes perfect sense if you actually look at it. We lost, we regrouped, we still were not enough, we need more, cue more to get to that point.

Compared to... After we were utterly grounded, we grab a bunch of weapons that magically let us kill someone responsible for destruction of several planets, capable of defiling races and spawn much evil the world, even able to re-animate the same beings who bought order into the universe?

Yeah... I think it would be worse we could magically null it all from that.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-07-07 at 11:41 AM.

Really? Illidan is the only obstacle to Sargeras's release? What happens when he dies of old age or starves to death on Argus?

Quote Originally Posted by Les Grossman View Post
    Really? Illidan is the only obstacle to Sargeras's release? What happens when he dies of old age or starves to death on Argus?
    More expansions most likely. Or Azeroth actually birthed, nascent was a ploy all along!

10+ Year Old Account
    You all do realise imprisoning him means Blizzard will pull out the "Illidan fucked up, Sargeras and the Legion are back again bitches" card sometime in the future right? They're not concluding the Legion story, they're simply handwaving an excuse for why Sargeras isn't an issue for a couple of expansions because let's be honest whenever has a major threat in Warcraft's history stayed dead or locked up?

Also RIP Chronicle due to the retcons about Sargeras destroying the Pantheon (he imprisoned them and tortured them instead so they were still around) and the whole point of his crusade being to destroy planets to kill world souls (he keeps Argus for it's world soul and it's now the final boss of the next raid).
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity