Thread: 2024 MLB thread

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Nothing like playing the Giants to end a teams losing ways. Giants have surpassed the Yankmes as the team I dislike the most in baseball. I like beating the fuck out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is from a pitching coach - not Mariners PR, but sounds like Drew Smyly had a setback in his first sim game. Sounds like surgery is looming.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Nothing like playing the Giants to end a teams losing ways. Giants have surpassed the Yankmes as the team I dislike the most in baseball. I like beating the fuck out of them.
    I love diving in the psyche of people who hate teams that have streaked into success. What aspect of the Giants do you hate?

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I love diving in the psyche of people who hate teams that have streaked into success. What aspect of the Giants do you hate?
    I'm a die hard Miami Hurricanes fan. Giants have one non-MadBum "star"...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, Dipoto confirming Smyly is getting Tommy John surgery. That really was the Ms last hope to salvage this season IMO... The AL is still weird, but I just don't see the pitching being competitive when you have 2 consistent starters in your rotation with a bullpen just as inconsistent as the other 3 starters.

May as well say the bats are inconsistent as fuck.... whole team is inconsistent aside from getting injured and sucking. They're good at those two things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see the Cubs have DFA'd Miguel Montero after giving up 7 stolen bases, he tried to blame the pitchers, but he is 1 for 32 throwing out base runners this year, yikes!

I also see 0 for 31, either way its pretty terrible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I see the Cubs have DFA'd Miguel Montero after giving up 7 stolen bases, he tried to blame the pitchers, but he is 1 for 32 throwing out base runners this year, yikes!

I also see 0 for 31, either way its pretty terrible.
    I guess you could say the cubs threw him out.

Hopefully they don't regret it like the Gaints.

Diaz blows another game. WBC fucked the Mariners.

10+ Year Old Account
    No NL club had hit 50 homers in a month since 2006, today the Mets and Dodgers both hit their 50th of June. Got two rookies on pace to break McGwire's rookie HR record. Ball is flying this year.

One of those is the best team in the league, the other is the biggest disappointment in the league. FML.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would say the Giants are a bigger disappointment. Mets are 6 under and dealt with some injuries, not a huge deal. The Giants lost one pitcher and somehow they are the 2nd worst team in all of baseball. I could also argue the Cubs are bigger disappointment than the Mets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its hard to say, could add the Texas Rangers who won 95 games and are now under .500 and ~15 games out of first.

Cubs are only a game out of first, if they miss the playoffs they're the biggest disappointment by far, but it still looks like they'll win the division.

10+ Year Old Account
    http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/06/29/...-league-debut/

Just saw this.

That sucks. Hope he recovers and makes it back to the majors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post
    http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2017/06/29/...-league-debut/

Just saw this.

That sucks. Hope he recovers and makes it back to the majors.
    Yea it was really shitty, he didn't even get his first at bat yet, he was due up next.

10+ Year Old Account
    Angel Hernandez has a suit against MLB where he alleges racial discrimination.

Maybe the problem is just that you're a terrible umpire?

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Mets are 6 under and dealt with some injuries, not a huge deal.
    I think the only regular lineup guy that hasn't been on the DL is Jay Bruce and the only starting pitcher (out of our 9 man rotation) that hasn't is Jacob deGrom. Pretty huge. Giants being bad from one pitcher being out just means they are bad. Cubs played over their heads last season (lackey and lester mostly), but I would have expected Bryant and Rizzo to be better (and Schwarber is exactly what I expected out of him).

10+ Year Old Account
    Alex Wood is now 10-0 with a 1.67 ERA and isn't an All-star. Fortunately Kershaw's schedule will likely have him miss the game and Wood is the perfect replacement.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the only regular lineup guy that hasn't been on the DL is Jay Bruce and the only starting pitcher (out of our 9 man rotation) that hasn't is Jacob deGrom. Pretty huge. Giants being bad from one pitcher being out just means they are bad. Cubs played over their heads last season (lackey and lester mostly), but I would have expected Bryant and Rizzo to be better (and Schwarber is exactly what I expected out of him).
    Sure the pitching definitely overperformed last year, but the offense across the board has been a major disappointment. Just about every regular player is below their career average. And you can say you thought Schwarber was overrated, but there's no possible way you thought he would be this bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Stommped View Post
    Sure the pitching definitely overperformed last year, but the offense across the board has been a major disappointment. Just about every regular player is below their career average. And you can say you thought Schwarber was overrated, but there's no possible way you thought he would be this bad.
    171 BA? No lol definitely not that bad. To me, he's a throw back to the 80s/90s power hitter. .220-.240 mid 30s bombs, bad defense. And holy shit, i hadn't realized just how terrible Bryant has been this season. 33 RBI? Wowsers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Their big problem has been the rotation, they got over 150 starts out of their starting 5 which is some remarkable luck at avoiding injury, and now they're getting hurt and under performing, why they brought in Brett Anderson is beyond me, since he leads the league in those two things.

And holy shit, i hadn't realized just how terrible Bryant has been this season. 33 RBI? Wowsers.
    You have a weird definition of terrible, he's still on pace for 5+ WAR and nearly .900 OPS/135 OPS+. His RBI total is low because it looks like he'll have about 100 less runners on in front of him this season (if I'm reading it right on bref).

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Their big problem has been the rotation,
    They also had out of this world defense last season, like top 10 all-time, but this season they're back to league average or so.