Poll: What race should we get for 8.0?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Once it would have been Vrykul. But Legion burnt me out on them. They're not that interesting.

So... Naga I guess? I'm more interested in sub races.

Deleted
    A new race. With a new background.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    I can't but it is still very unlikely.
    Not overly. We've been in contact with them, one way or the other, since TBC.

Out of curiosity, which race should be removed?
    Murlocs, I am sorry, but they would be a limited wildcard.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    None. They won't work as armor would look wierd on them etc.

Only likely one is the Ogre as they even considered them once(but scraped it as they didnt manage to pull of female Ogres). Instead they went with Goblins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Word. One for horde and alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Not overly. We've been in contact with them, one way or the other, since TBC.

Murlocs, I am sorry, but they would be a limited wildcard.
    Well if we get them now, you will get to say: I told you so. And I'll have to say: Yes, you were right.
    How does that sound?

Well I've seen quite a few posts saying they'd rather have Murlocs over Naga. And they ARE and aquatic race. Hell, they even have subraces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    No thanks. People tend to just project everything they want onto these "new and unseen" things. What better way to end up disappointed and stuck with something that feels completely tacked onto Warcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    None.

What's ogres got to do with water, anyway?
    Ummm... They're excellent swimmers because fat floats? o_O

I honestly don't know which (if any) new player-race would fit both the South seas theme and basic requirements for working with the game, Naga fit the theme, but are problematic gameplay-wise (How would leg and foot equipment slots work for a race with neither legs nor feet?)

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    No thanks. People tend to just project everything they want onto these "new and unseen" things. What better way to end up disappointed and stuck with something that feels completely tacked onto Warcraft.
    True. Whenever someone asks for a "completely new expansion set", a "new unseen race", your thoughts are also mine. It can't end well.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    IMO, that's a whole lot of work for very little reward. Most of those differences (like tattoos and skin color) are going to be covered up in armor.
    That does not matter. Customization makes the player feels good because they can make the character as they like. And transmog can allow you to further make your character like you imagine him to be. And you can always hide helm, shoulders, cloak, belt and boots (with the right transmog). Depending on your transmog options, you could even find ways to partially hide chest or legs.

No need for a race if they aren't going to revamp leveling. If they do, I would like to see nightfallen for sure.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Ummm... They're excellent swimmers because fat floats? o_O

I honestly don't know which (if any) new player-race would fit both the South seas theme and basic requirements for working with the game, Naga fit the theme, but are problematic gameplay-wise (How would leg and foot equipment slots work for a race with neither legs nor feet?)
    Naga would never work. They're simply not humanoids. At that point, if we consider the void to be also the theme of the expansion, ethereals are a much better match.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should have a half marathon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    No need for a race if they aren't going to revamp leveling. If they do, I would like to see nightfallen for sure.
    Well, Maybe they will. We get back to Azeroth to see the world revamped again. Azshara melted half of Northrend to raise sea levels, flooded some places and even had water flow into the Dark Portal and reach Outland. Boom, revamp.
    Lot of work, but would be fun.

Naga would never work. They're simply not humanoids. At that point, if we consider the void to be also the theme of the expansion, ethereals are a much better match.
    Really? How so?
    Quote Originally Posted by Panquake View Post
    We should have a half marathon.
    I like you.

Really? How so?
    Well, they are void-related creatures themselves. We also know since BC that they have void troubles at home.

Deleted
    Well, they are void-related creatures themselves. We also know since BC that they have void troubles at home.
    Yees, but specifically we seem to be going for a sea direaction with the void showing itself via Naga and N'zoth. Now you could still be correct, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yees, but specifically we seem to be going for a sea direaction with the void showing itself via Naga and N'zoth. Now you could still be correct, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
    We kinda know that the sea will be involved. We don't know the void won't be. After Sargeras, N'Zoth is small fries to be the end boss on the entire expansion. Devs have already hinted we may have more excursions into space.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayeh View Post
    None, there are enough races.
    No way!!!!

We need a rat-man, cat-man, fairy, frog-man, fish-man, lizard-man, dragon-man, ogre, two more flavor of elves, and some human that glows race still.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    No way!!!!

We need a rat-man, cat-man, fairy, frog-man, fish-man, lizard-man, dragon-man, ogre, two more flavor of elves, and some human that glows race still.
    If we're going that far, how until we get the agrarian counterpart to Gnomes?

Quote Originally Posted by Dayeh View Post
    None, there are enough races.
    the most boring people would say.

naga of course. i'm hoping and hoping, with kul'tiras in the mix now, it might happen.

Anything elf really.

Voted naga because my monster loving heart won out but I'd be fine with Vrykul or Ogres as well. Hell, vrykul seem like they could fairly easily be dropped in at any minute. Males and females have several different customization options, seem to be able to wear most armor, and have emotes for most things players do, as far as I can tell.

In my opinion, there can never be enough playable races. What I hope Blizzard starts doing differently is stop feeling like they have to make a new starting zone for every race they add. I think it's reasonable that some could simply be plopped into one of the preexisting starting zones.