Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    i think the armor design in this game is lazy period, its like the creativity stopped after burning crusade, considering what is possible in this game with effects and lighting, the armor sets should be amazing, thats why i think the whole xmog thing is a joke, there is only a handful of things that look good for each class

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's world of clipping craft. I think there isn't a single piece of 3d gear that doesn't clip on some characters or with some weapons, etc.
    To be fair clipping is difficult to solve and WoW has the problem of a proliferation of different character models multiplied by all the gear's geometry and animation sets.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Welcome to World of Warcraft, where designers put more effort into armor used by NPCs than armor used by the players paying their salaries.
    I have to give credit to those devs trying to satisfy an audience made of ungrateful immature brats constantly spitting at every stage of devellopment. This stuff is literaly datamines from a long time and unfinished. It's little shits like you that ruin the small part of constructive feedback that the playerbase might give back to the devs.

No wonder blizz has a strict policy of not communacting too much about their ongoing work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    While there is a chance it goes live like that, you might want to wait before you get upset over it. There have been plenty of times when items/art is data mined well before that launch and it is unfinished. If that is the final version, it isn't great. The painted on chest look needs to die off.
    Basically wanted to write this. Really, as the old rule goes, take datamining with a grain of salt.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buddah13 View Post
    i think the armor design in this game is lazy period, its like the creativity stopped after burning crusade,
    Yeah, I sure do look fondly on the days when this is what our armor looked like:

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimmyan View Post
    I have to give credit to those devs trying to satisfy an audience made of ungrateful immature brats constantly spitting at every stage of devellopment. This stuff is literaly datamines from a long time and unfinished. It's little shits like you that ruin the small part of constructive feedback that the playerbase might give back to the devs.

No wonder blizz has a strict policy of not communacting too much about their ongoing work.
    What are you 10? What do i have to be grateful for? I'm paying money every month to have access to the game. They should be grateful to me, not the other way around. They're not trying to satisfy anything or anyone, they're doing the job they're paid to do. If they had an ounce of self respect they would do a good job, but thanks for conformists like you, we got flat fucking ropes...LOL
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-07-07 at 07:37 AM.

Like I said: I think you guys should inspect the set icons a bit more. It's questing gear, and it shows obvious shapes that aren't flat as I mentioned in my previous post.

Which means that not only are you wrong about your complaint, but it's possible that next expansion, every set, questing, dungeon or raid drop, will start having these custom 3D modeled pieces, which would be really sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Yeah, I sure do look fondly on the days when this is what our armor looked like:

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_xt3FXzl049w/R7TNAe6Ao8I/AAAAAAAAAWg/PtPQj96y60g/s1600/WoWScrnShot_021408_164505+clown+outfit.jpg[/IMG
    That's what a proper warrior of the proud Horde should look like. Not the crap we got now, with weapons being bigger than the characters, and the armor Tide Clean®.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-07-07 at 07:47 AM.

OMG, you shift the armor look at a certain angle and it looks flat?! 1) its on the PTR, 2) other than the loading screen when do you ever get some of these angles that ppl look up to look at the armors and complain about them. Lets see, you see the back of your character only, unless you shift the camera or once again are on the loading screen.You can see someone else's front if they're wearing the same armor as you but unless you're just chilling there in a city with nothing better to do the odds of being able to get these crazy side angles and such you see on the model viewer are slim to none. But mostly just chill a damn second, this is stuff still being datamined and isn't even physical on the PTR yet, let alone live... take a damn chill pill

If it's like Legion they only model out parts for raid sets. The icons indicate it's only a quest set so I assume it won't have modeled out parts.

Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    If it's like Legion they only model out parts for raid sets. The icons indicate it's only a quest set so I assume it won't have modeled out parts.
    Usually during the expansion when they introduce something like that (see 3D belts in MoP), they're exclusive to raid sets, and in the case of MoP, some Pandaren starting sets, and the expansion afterwards, they become a regular feature, appearing on questing, dungeon and raid gear.

These quest item icons indicate that 8.0 follows that tradition and that every new piece of armor will have 3D bits for chest, pants, gloves and boots, not only raid gear.

Deleted
    Just get some GW2 goodness and return to WoW only when you start missing the good ole' Trinity.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is this not a JustRob thread?

OT: While I used to dislike overly intricate designs (ropes, etc.) being 2d, the overly-bulky Legion tier has turned me off from 3d armor for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Welcome to World of Warcraft, where players put more effort into whining about stuff not even in the game than focused on current content and feeling entitled because they think their $15/month is paying their salaries.
    Fixed it for you
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    you guys should really relax a little.

Geez. Complaining about something that isn't even really implemented anywhere yet. Yeah great job, feel accomplished now? lol.

I think it'll be released as is, they only add 3D stuff to tier sets, others are kept flat.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Millions of ppl who $15 a month are paying their salaries. You didn't fix anything, you just failed at comprehension.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Usually during the expansion when they introduce something like that (see 3D belts in MoP), they're exclusive to raid sets, and in the case of MoP, some Pandaren starting sets, and the expansion afterwards, they become a regular feature, appearing on questing, dungeon and raid gear.

These quest item icons indicate that 8.0 follows that tradition and that every new piece of armor will have 3D bits for chest, pants, gloves and boots, not only raid gear.
    Yeah but they really started to push the system requirements with that stuff. The majority of players are still on very low end machines, believe it or not, so continuing to do that is risky as far as keeping those players. I'm pretty sure that it's much more demanding than just a belt attachment, they don't work as regular attachments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The most notable thing about this set is that it's either a hint at whats to come or one giant ass red herring troll from blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

It's world of clipping craft. I think there isn't a single piece of 3d gear that doesn't clip on some characters or with some weapons, etc.
    Like this gem of a screenshot I took last month! lol

Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    "I'm angry about something that was datamined before its even ready and probably just a placeholder for content a year ahead from now"

Its literally not in the game yet. Its not even IN the PTR in a valid format. Its just some files people found.
    Here's what the OP said "Why is the rope on the kul' tiras cloth set as flat as a piece of paper? its been like 13 years please make it bulky like rope is supposed to be."
    They clearly are only wondering why this appears to be a flat texture, like sooo so much of the armor in this game still is. You are the one who is angry about finding something in what someone said that isn't even there...you literally just made up that someone is angry because they pointed out something simple, and they hope it doesn't end up being the case in the final product. You just wanted to complain for the sake of complaining, and then tried to pin it on something that you pulled out of thin air about someone else lol. Come on now, quite silly.