Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heirs of the Artifacts?

With the ending of legions is near, i was thinking of the next expansion and how blizzard had stated that we probably will return to weapons being dropped like all the other items once again. But!

What could possible be more powerful than these powered upp artifacts? We spent all of our time in legion to make these already Legendary weapons even more powerfull!

Who will take upp the artifact? Will it come a new era of powerful figures wielding these artifacts? Seing how we have lost many important people like Varian,Vol'jin,Tirion.

I guess Turalyon is a strong candidate for the Ashbringer?. Darion will probably take one of the dks.

Or will blizzard simply let them gather dust in our banks? Thoughts?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    With the ending of legions is near, i was thinking of the next expansion and how blizzard had stated that we probably will return to weapons being dropped like all the other items once again. But!
    Aw c'mon, they do that already! In timewalking dungeons.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think, for Felo'Melorn example there is no heir anymore, since blade was in Sunstrider Dynasty, and if i good remember. Sunstrider Dynasty ended on Kael'Thas?

Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    Or will blizzard simply let them gather dust in our banks? Thoughts?
    They will gather dust there either way.

I can't see clearly how Blizzard will solve this, i mean, our characters are probably the most powerfull entities that held the legendary weapons. The armaments even changed along with the power we gethered, and since every classe hero is the leader of it's respective order hall, i don't believe another NPC will have it, only if, the Weapons become dormant for some reason, or lose all of its power, or even be given to someone that can hold then for us, for some lore reason.

we will sacrifice our artifacts to keep Sargeras imprisoned. Therefore we have to start over next Xpac

why does everything have to be a powerscale? People expect these shounen progressions and then think they have the right to complain about med'an and thrall

Deleted
    I'm betting that in the final fight against Sargeras on Argus we will use our weapons to seal him away. But only the awesome power of our artifacts can do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'm betting that in the final fight against Sargeras on Argus we will use our weapons to seal him away. But only the awesome power of our artifacts can do it.
    YES! Only the power of random orc rock on a stick can seal away a titan!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    YES! Only the power of random orc rock on a stick can seal away a titan!
    The Scepter of Sargeras on the other hand might just do it 8).

10+ Year Old Account
    Based on the assumption that the next expansion is N'zoth themed.

We cross the ocean to get to first levelling zone.
    We get attacked en route.
    We wake up on a beach or something.
    "Oh noes my weapon is lost forever."
    "Quick, adventurer! Choose one of these shitty green weapons and then kill 10 Nagas."
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post

"Quick, adventurer! Choose one of these shitty green weapons and then kill 10 Nagas."
    What if i put my artifact to my bank before i depart?

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    What if i wont fight Sargeras? Can i keep my artifact?

Our weapon will be the keystone in capturing and holding sargaras soul/spirit... Like the way Bolvar needed to take over the role as LK to control the undead, our weapon will need to be sacrificed to "beat" or contain sargaras.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I think, for Felo'Melorn example there is no heir anymore, since blade was in Sunstrider Dynasty, and if i good remember. Sunstrider Dynasty ended on Kael'Thas?
    Honestly Rommath should be the one who gets Felo'Melorn, as not only is he THE Fire Mage right now (also that way it would still belong to a Blood Elf), but he also was very close to Kael'thas.
    But knowing Blizzard, they will probably shit on that aswell and give it to Aethas, the most undeserving Blood Elf ever.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd rather they be destroyed than handed down to some plebs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    why does everything have to be a powerscale? People expect these shounen progressions and then think they have the right to complain about med'an and thrall
    ^quoted for truth!

On topic: I wonder, if they really 'destroy' our artifact weapons, how will they explain us keeping the alternate looks for them?
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

If it means my rogue can use fist weapons again and warrior can go dual-wield one handers, I don't care who gets 'em.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    What if i put my artifact to my bank before i depart?

What if i wont fight Sargeras? Can i keep my artifact?
    Thats why, imo we will lose our arttifacts in an intro quest for the next expansion, otherwise players that dont do the argus raid will just randomly lose theirs.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post

Be pretty substantial if the Naga i.e Azshara steal our Artifacts possibly to do some shenanigans.

I am pretty sure Xal'atath will run away, like she did to all the other owners.
    She would not be happy to be sacrificed, she would maybe be happy if she could whisper her madness to Sargeras.
    She will be missed