Poll: What system would you like to have in the new expansion?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yea, the main problem again is no customization. Instead of making it interesting and letting you create your custom builds, you basically have to get them all and then grind for that tiny DPS/healing increase per level.

Why is Blizzard always so against RPG elements and non-cosmetic customization anyway? It's what makes the game interesting. Instead they systematically get rid of everything that allows that. The old talent system, glyphs, reforging, PvP gear. Being forced to be the same as everyone else and into one playstyle per spec is boring and gets old fast.
    I wish there'd only be one playstyle per spec so they could actually refine that and make it work, rather than trying to somehow make 50 different builds per spec function. The old talent system didn't give you more choice, it gave you less(with the minor exception of builds that split points between 2 trees, most of which were garbage)
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    This will be special. I mean the artifacts also carry abilities both active and passive. Will you relearn them again to reach the same power level at 120 at 110?
    With the changes that come with another expansion, we won't have the same amount of power.
    It may go up, it may go down and can go different ways on a per class, or even per-spec basis.
    And will be prone to further adjustments.

We will I expect get some of it baked into the specs by default, as has happened previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    I wish there'd only be one playstyle per spec so they could actually refine that and make it work, rather than trying to somehow make 50 different builds per spec function. The old talent system didn't give you more choice, it gave you less(with the minor exception of builds that split points between 2 trees, most of which were garbage)
    If the split builds were simply superior to the intended one-tree version, then they were equally lacking choice.
    Choice in talents is where a talent doesn't bring something simply superior to an encounter, where two or three are consistently all viable.
    Unfortunately that is something very difficult, if not impossible to actually provide.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2017-07-07 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

If South Seas proves true, then instead of Class Halls: your own boat and naval fleet!

I do not mind the idea of Artifacts. Even if it did go from from 1 or 2 drops to 3 to upgrade. The modified Path of the Titans was ok too. That said, I wish that it were more like FFXIV where you upgraded the weapons themselves through quests, but with the varied appearances in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    If South Seas proves true, then instead of Class Halls: your own boat and naval fleet
    Oh great, more tedious content that offers no value.

Legendaries and Artifacts have to go far far away. Titanforging and warforging have to go sleep with the fishes.
    Then, and only then can wow start to become something again

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Would you like to see them again(with AP, AK etc)? Or just go back to the old weapon system(drops from raid)?

We can also discuss pros and cons of Artifact system here.
    I like it, but I don't expect them to keep it. Blizz changes what they do every x-pac, so I expect something new.

I hope they find a way we can keep the appearances we earned though (through mog or something).

Deleted
    I think Artifacts are hear to stay, they just need to have a better system in place when implementing them. I much prefer having something I need to grind to improve than praying to the rng gods that a weapon drops.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JajaBongs View Post
    In the end, if your are a decent raider and not casually in World of Warcraft you have no room for customization. There will always be the way to go for the maximum and if you don't go that way you won't be able to get into decent guilds.

That's why they got rid of the old talent system as there was almost everywhere only one way to go.

For casuals that like to build their own game it's good, yes. For everyone else it's probably the same.
    90% or more players are casual though.. I don't think most people raid mythic aside from the first few bosses maybe.
    Last edited by mmoc79ad5d44ae; 2017-07-07 at 01:16 PM.

As a casual I liked it, but now I'm on concordance on my Fury Warrior and on both DH specs. I know that yeah, each level is a small increase, but honestly, I don't care. They just feel usless. I'm currently running my DH through the Suramar chain and there's so much AP and all I can think is "damn, I wish I ran this earlier."

Not a bad idea, but far from perfect implementation.

Also, I miss getting cool weapons from raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    As a casual I liked it, but now I'm on concordance on my Fury Warrior and on both DH specs. I know that yeah, each level is a small increase, but honestly, I don't care. They just feel usless. I'm currently running my DH through the Suramar chain and there's so much AP and all I can think is "damn, I wish I ran this earlier."

Not a bad idea, but far from perfect implementation.

Also, I miss getting cool weapons from raids.
    This. Being able to look forward to getting new weapons was way better than getting glorified gems in the form of relics.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

I know there will be no artifacts, but with only the relic part, and no AP part i'd be okay with it again.

Eh, I like the weapon system in place now. Never had much luck with weapon drops before. Mythic Archimonde only ever dropped a few of his 2 hand staves for us and I wasnt able to ever roll one. With this it feels like there is a bit more control in what you do and there is a chance the caches can drop a relic you want. Before weapons never dropped from the caches.

To each their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I like that the most crucial part of my equipment is not dependent on RNGesus but instead I can evolve it through diligence.
    100% Agree, i like how it lets us get stronger thru more play besides getting gear. The more effort you put in the stronger your toon gets and not hindered by rng.

Would be cool if they used them again for the next Xpac, either weapon or for a different slot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the artifact weapons were ok but way too grindy. Just go back to the old way of running dungeons and raids for weapons. So sick of this snowflake treatment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    Yea, the main problem again is no customization. Instead of making it interesting and letting you create your custom builds, you basically have to get them all and then grind for that tiny DPS/healing increase per level.

Why is Blizzard always so against RPG elements and non-cosmetic customization anyway? It's what makes the game interesting. Instead they systematically get rid of everything that allows that. The old talent system, glyphs, reforging, PvP gear. Being forced to be the same as everyone else and into one playstyle per spec is boring and gets old fast.
    Implying we have choices even if they give us. All characters have a total of 21 talents and yet you have only 1 build, maybe you can change one or two talents on a boss and that's all. To remain competitive you have to do copy paste of the OP build, and it was ALWAYS the same. Even in wotlk where the "perfect tree for costumization" existed, you can vary 1 or 2 points, rest was mandatory. Glyphs? They hardly changed gameplay and there are 2 or 3 mandatory glyphs on every spec so it's just a false illusion, you can't choose. Reforge? Yeah, get your BiS then just use reforge lite to get you the best reforges. All "RPG choose what you want™" systems are super on paper, but will never work if you want to remain competitive. The response from Blizzard? make cosmetic things, which doesn't change gameplay at all and you REALLY have some choices there.

OT: They invested too much on artifact system, the healthy abilities will be baseline for specs or converted to talents, and the ap system will remain probably tied to characters and less hardcore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Balefulxd View Post
    Implying we have choices even if they give us. All characters have a total of 21 talents and yet you have only 1 build, maybe you can change one or two talents on a boss and that's all. To remain competitive you have to do copy paste of the OP build, and it was ALWAYS the same. Even in wotlk where the "perfect tree for costumization" existed, you can vary 1 or 2 points, rest was mandatory. Glyphs? They hardly changed gameplay and there are 2 or 3 mandatory glyphs on every spec so it's just a false illusion, you can't choose. Reforge? Yeah, get your BiS then just use reforge lite to get you the best reforges. All "RPG choose what you want™" systems are super on paper, but will never work if you want to remain competitive. The response from Blizzard? make cosmetic things, which doesn't change gameplay at all and you REALLY have some choices there.

OT: They invested too much on artifact system, the healthy abilities will be baseline for specs or converted to talents, and the ap system will remain probably tied to characters and less hardcore.
    I disagree. If you were right, there would also be only one spec that worked as the best DPS, one healer as the best healer and one tank spec. You'd see raids with 14 marksman hunters, 4 holy priests and 2 warriors(or similar). But you don't, do you? The solution to this is to make some builds perform better on some bosses, hell even add synergies.. and make other areas of the game rewarding as well.

For example one build for solo questing, 1 for AoE grinding, 1 with lots of life drain etc etc. In fact they are sort of doing it already as you need a different build for mythic+ than for raids.

Drops all the way, being stuck with one kind of weapon for an entire expansion sucks, esp if it is a fist weapon or a dagger.

Artifacts are much better than farming weeks and weeks and when the BiS TitanForged weapon finally drops, you lose it to someone's alt, girlfriend, boyfriend, someone else, etc.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Artifacts are awful, because you not only need certain level of artifact, but also you need 3 relics, which is like needing 3 weapons per spec. Also before Legion if you get new weapon it was more fun imo (especially with enchant).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Artifacts are much better than farming weeks and weeks and when the BiS TitanForged weapon finally drops, you lose it to someone's alt, girlfriend, boyfriend, someone else, etc.
    Same happens now when your bis relic drops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodakane View Post
    Men are NOT suffering societal hardships due to being male. That doesn't exist in most 1st world countries.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Artifacts are awful, because you not only need certain level of artifact, but also you need 3 relics, which is like needing 3 weapons per spec. Also before Legion if you get new weapon it was more fun imo (especially with enchant).

- - - Updated - - -

Same happens now when your bis relic drops.
    I call question to that. Weapens in the past where pretty aweful actually. In a single raid tier, only 1 or 2 weapens for your spec/class dropped and unless you were lucky, you might not get one for a long time or get the bad one, and since weapons are very important for dmg, they could really set you back. With the artifact, you know what you have and relics makes it so that getting a new upgrade is not crusial for your output, since each relics gives less.

Enchants are also bullshit. You used the same enchant for every weapen, so it just became a constant passive, that you increased your AP/SP. The days of mongoose are over, so enchants are no fun.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.