Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    At least 3-5 million of them (25-54) are watching cable news every night.
    Regardless of the numbers it's a downward trend, now sure where you are getting that 3 - 5 million from it is more 1 - 1.5 million total.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Ahh...thanks for the correction. Shows you how much i watch ether of those networks news...lol. Anyway, MSNBC should fire them.
    Just as soon as they fire that one dumb blonde over at Fox in the skirt. I keed

Yeah had a feeling your morning Joe was a set up. However why should MSNBC fire Joe and Mika not that I watch either myself but their new works doing alright.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    That is false since that would imply that fox news has higher ratings than all of the networks combined.
    Not debating the number of viewers of all news networks, but the age group which makes up most of the viewers of the highest rated cable news network. Which is Fox News. And this is growing as more and more people get cable and age.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Link to article: http://dailycaller.com/2017/07/06/cn...able-rankings/

Link to ratings: https://www.scribd.com/document/3530...dium=affiliate

Wow, it looks like fake news is starting to sink the former media giant. I wonder how long until they fire their CEO/tabloid editor? Surely the shareholders won't put with this for long, and the advertisers for even less. CNN is even losing to two different discovery channels. SAD!
    You really have to dig to find fake news to support your own ridiculous bias against a news organization that has show nothing but journalistic integrity. I love that people "hammer" cnn when it publishes corrections. That's called good journliasm.

Here are some real numbers in case facts matter to you:
    http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/category/ratings.
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cabl...bc-1202448761/

Oh, and it compares news to news, not news to whatever the fuck else is on. Just a heads up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Just as soon as they fire that one dumb blonde over at Fox in the skirt. I keed

Yeah had a feeling your morning Joe was a set up. However why should MSNBC fire Joe and Mika not that I watch either myself but their new works doing alright.
    Who is that?

Not debating the number of viewers of all news networks, but the age group which makes up most of the viewers of the highest rated cable news network. Which is Fox News. And this is growing as more and more people get cable and age.
    Watching fox news does not make people immortal so it is also a depleting demographic which spends the least amount of money. Also less people are getting cable not more there's a growing number of cord cutters which has been a concern for all cable stocks every quarter.

FOX news really isn't any better, but as a democratic liberal this serves CNN right for becoming the Clinton News Network and just spewing left wing propaganda 24/7.

How about just reporting the news with 0 bias, a straight face, and move on to the next topic? NOBODY cares about their opinion pieces, or high entitled attitudes. Just STFU, report the news with a smile, wish everyone a good night and come back the next day.

Their anti-trump crusade is pathetic and nobody wants to sit through all that negativity. If he does something newsworthy worth bashing him over; fine go ahead.... but 24/7 of "Trump trump trump trump" "Clinton is so perfect, democrats are never wrong! LIBERAL IDEAS!" is turning off a lot of people who just want straight news with 0 bias.

- Democrat with common sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching fox news does not make people immortal so it is also a depleting demographic which spends the least amount of money. Also less people are getting cable not more there's a growing number of cord cutters which has been a concern for all cable stocks every quarter.
    Everyone ages. And age generally brings on more maturity. Seems like some sponsors ( USAA ) are going back to sponsoring Hannity. Must be some money to be made.

Everyone ages. And age generally brings on more maturity. Seems like some sponsors ( USAA ) are going back to sponsoring Hannity. Must be some money to be made.
    Of course there is some money to be made retirement plans, preparation H creams, adult diapers and such but not the kind of big bucks advertisers that are coveted. Also age doesn't bring maturity you should have met enough people in your life to know that.

Deleted
    Regardless of the numbers it's a downward trend, now sure where you are getting that 3 - 5 million from it is more 1 - 1.5 million total.
    Where are you getting your 1-1.5 million figure from?

Quote Originally Posted by Ransath View Post
    Where are you getting your 1-1.5 million figure from?
    Just the 25 - 54 demo numbers from the top networks unless I miscounted somewhere.

Just a quick reminder for everyone to please stick to discussing the thread topic and refrain from attacking each other. Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Monday there was a report that shows cable subs are down to 1991 levels.
    I don't think cable, as we know it, will last much longer. 7 years tops.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    You really have to dig to find fake news to support your own ridiculous bias against a news organization that has show nothing but journalistic integrity. I love that people "hammer" cnn when it publishes corrections. That's called good journliasm.

Here are some real numbers in case facts matter to you:
    http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/category/ratings.
    http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/cabl...bc-1202448761/

Oh, and it compares news to news, not news to whatever the fuck else is on. Just a heads up.
    What are you on about? I linked the actual ratings on page one, in the very quote you are responding to. Your link is for one day of ratings, mine is for a while month.

OBVIOUSLY nobody thinks I am comparing news to news, as we are all pretty sure there are not 13 cable news networks. But, since you bring it up, last month Fox and MSNBC were tops among all channels. Do you think CNN's viewership, as a share of all viewing, is shrinking because of fake news, or is it something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course there is some money to be made retirement plans, preparation H creams, adult diapers and such but not the kind of big bucks advertisers that are coveted. Also age doesn't bring maturity you should have met enough people in your life to know that.
    I did not say always. I said, generally. And yes, of those I know personally, most have become more mature as they got older. This is the norm. Of course a person can be 100 and still be a punk and jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    I heard that CNNbashing is quite popular on stormfront and other neonazi sties as well.

Could it be someone is copy pasting from their other favorite forums.... naw.
    Is there any particular reason you are searching out info on Stormfront and Neonazi websites, or why you just blindly believe your tabloids while questioning others?

I mean does no one else see the irony in posts like this?

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    FOX news really isn't any better, but as a democratic liberal this serves CNN right for becoming the Clinton News Network and just spewing left wing propaganda 24/7.

How about just reporting the news with 0 bias, a straight face, and move on to the next topic? NOBODY cares about their opinion pieces, or high entitled attitudes. Just STFU, report the news with a smile, wish everyone a good night and come back the next day.

Their anti-trump crusade is pathetic and nobody wants to sit through all that negativity. If he does something newsworthy worth bashing him over; fine go ahead.... but 24/7 of "Trump trump trump trump" "Clinton is so perfect, democrats are never wrong! LIBERAL IDEAS!" is turning off a lot of people who just want straight news with 0 bias.

- Democrat with common sense
    Fox News is the name of the channel. The programming on FOX News contains both NEWS programming and COMMENTARY programming. The News is just reporting of facts. The Commentary is the opinion shows where a talking head or a group of talking heads tell you their opinions. CNN is the same way and Americans have grown too stupid to tell the difference now. So they see Hannity and think he is a news reporter. They see Van Jones and think he is a news reporter.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Do you think CNN's viewership, as a share of all viewing, is shrinking because of fake news, or is it something else?
    Psst, need hak? I hak gud, cheeki briki and CNN luz ratingh cyka blyat.

(Infracted)
    Last edited by mmocc02219cc8b; 2017-07-07 at 03:15 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted
    Just the 25 - 54 demo numbers from the top networks unless I miscounted somewhere.
    I gotcha (I think). You are looking at the numbers for one time slot, and I am looking at the numbers for the entire night.

For instance - if you look at just the 8-9pm time slot from last night, it was about 1.4 (total). However, if you add up all slots from 7-11, that was where I was getting my number.

The saddest thing when you look at those numbers - CNN really does get crushed. I mean, even Tucker Carlson's rerun at 11 destroys Don Lemon - (Carslon - 415, Lemon -225)

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    What are you on about? I linked the actual ratings on page one, in the very quote you are responding to. Your link is for one day of ratings, mine is for a while month.
    You linked "actual ratings" that compare oranges to almonds. They're irrelevant, except to demonstrate your irrational rage against CNN. Why do you hate so much? Do you not like good journalism?

OBVIOUSLY nobody thinks I am comparing news to news, as we are all pretty sure there are not 13 cable news networks. But, since you bring it up, last month Fox and MSNBC were tops among all channels. Do you think CNN's viewership, as a share of all viewing, is shrinking because of fake news, or is it something else?
    When discussing subjects with you, I never take anything for granted. Including OBVIOUS things - you have a panache for misunderstanding or outright not understanding your own point, much less someone else's. This isn't a personal attack - you admitted as much in another thread just yesterday. I can link it if you've forgotten.

CNN doesn't provide fake news - they report on stories, and when they get something wrong, they admit it and publish a correction. People like you, fueled by your God-King, think that's fake news, when it's actually good journalism.