Page 1 of 3
LastLast

G20 [Political] Summit

Interesting interview by the EU leadership in which Juncker speaks against punitive sanctions for steel. He said the EU would be able to react immediately and adequately if such sanctions were imposed. "We are in fighting spirits about this", he also said during the press conference. Such a reaction would come within days, not months.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-g...-idUSKBN19S10K

What do the Trumpkins say about this? Ah yes, the EU will crumble tomorrow. Doesn't quite sound like it.

In other news, topics include migration, terrorism, climate and environmental issues. Side topics in informal talks include Crimea, Turkey-German relationships and probably the new trade deal between the EU and Japan. Take your pick, anything goes!

Important: If you're just interested in the drama and violence surrounding the G20 summit, this is the thread for you: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Riots-Hamburg
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I think the entirety of the G20 summit will revolve around what happens after the Trump/Putin meeting.

If anything. Until we get word of what Trump has given to Russia, the rest of the G20 is pretty much irrelevant.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I think the entirety of the G20 summit will revolve around what happens after the Trump/Putin meeting..
    Trump has already proven where he stands.
    -->Denied that Russia was behind the hacks despite the fact that our intelligence agencies see no other possibility and are open and vocal about that; and as a direct result injured our relationship with our intelligence agencies and our allies overseas by claiming it was one of them, not Russia.
    -->allowing Russia to set the agenda for the meeting, despite WH claims that there is no agenda.
    -->by extension, but going in with no claimed agenda, WH aides have no idea what Trump is going to say
    -->attacking the media, multiple times, which is par for the course but still the sort of thing a dictator like Putin would appreciate, and
    -->claims that "everyone" is talking about the DNC and Podesta and how they refused to cooperate, which of course, is a blatant lie. The thousands and thousands of protesters, so many protesters Melania could not leave the hotel, were not there to protest Podesta. Who never ran the DNC.

There are no expectations here that Trump will do anything other than softly cup Putin's balls with his tiny, tiny hands.

P.S. Let's not forget China. Things in the China/NK frontier are worsening rapidly.

If you are interested

Live G20 coverage streamed here.

The meeting between Mr. Trump and Glorious Leader is scheduled for 14:00 GMT (half an hour from now, that is) and is expected to last for 60 minutes. Press secretaries of both sides have previously expressed frustration at the fact the dialogue between Moscow and Washington is going nowhere with no clear signals how to proceed, so the fallo... outcome of this meeting is going to be fascinating. I am agog.
    В предчувствии движения племен,
    Разломов тверди и кончины мира
    Пою не то, о чем мечтает лира,
    А имена теней и тень имен.

Deleted
    I just had the best 3 days of my life - cannot say I did nothing. Antifa is really the best thing I could have joined. I even got a 2min speech at some corner!

Sadly the police are racists as well as all these "guards of officials". Antifa will not give up - we will tell you what you fear!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    I just had the best 3 days of my life - cannot say I did nothing. Antifa is really the best thing I could have joined. I even got a 2min speech at some corner!

Sadly the police are racists as well as all these "guards of officials". Antifa will not give up - we will tell you what you fear!
    But no more spoilers please!

Wrong thread, you may want to fuck off to the riot thread.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Riots-Hamburg
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

My bet: it's gonna be a joke, nothing productive will come from it, but we wasted hundreds of millions euros of taxpayers money just to have a meet up. They could've just done a fucking video conference.

Those meetings are so 19th century. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post
    My bet: it's gonna be a joke, nothing productive will come from it, but we wasted hundreds of millions euros of taxpayers money just to have a meet up. They could've just done a fucking video conference.

That would never work. Glorious Leader can work his wily hypnotic charms on mr. Trump only when they are both in the same room. Think Kaa from Disney's "Jungle Book" or Jaffar's staff from "Aladdin".
    В предчувствии движения племен,
    Разломов тверди и кончины мира
    Пою не то, о чем мечтает лира,
    А имена теней и тень имен.

LMAO the US barely exports steel. Go do it, Juncker!! show your stupidity to the world

Quote Originally Posted by Eggroll View Post

But if leaders did that, then we would miss out on awesome moments like that time Putin brought along a dog to his meeting with Merkel, knowing full well she has an extreme fear of dogs.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what keys to the kingdom Drumpf is giving away right now. The intelligence community must be going ape-shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    LMAO the US barely exports steel. Go do it, Juncker!! show your stupidity to the world
    Why on earth would you think it would be like-for-like tariffs instead of focusing on say, agriculture ?

15+ Year Old Account
    ... it's about US steel imports not steel exports.
    Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    ... it's about US steel imports not steel exports.
    LMAO We will stop selling you steel because reasons I guess- Juncker_IRL. It doesn't matter though since China is literally flooding the market with it's steel. Juncker's stupidty is amazing tbh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    Why on earth would you think it would be like-for-like tariffs instead of focusing on say, agriculture ?
    The EU is declining in importance, so

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If China, Canada or Mexico made the threat, then it would be terrifying

LMAO We will stop selling you steel because reasons I guess. It doesn't matter though since China is literally flooding the market with it's steel. Juncker's stupidty is amazing tbh.
    It's not "reasons" it's because Trump is considering limiting steel imports. Juncker isn't opposed to stopping China dumping steel but is opposed to unilateral action.

If China, Canada or Mexico made the threat, then it would be terrifying
    Once you engage in protectionism, you'll start to see retaliations from everywhere.

I can't tell if trolling or not. If so, you got me! If not, then have fun with your terrorist group .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    It's not "reasons" it's because Trump is considering limiting steel imports. Juncker isn't opposed to stopping China dumping steel but is opposed to unilateral action.
    Maybe I'm reading what Mayhem said wrong, but to me, it sounds like he wants the EU to limit steel exports to the US. That is stupid AF!!! If the US ever needs steel they can get it from China, they are flooding the market.

Once you engage in protectionism, you'll start to see retaliations from everywhere.
    China-US trade relationships have been improving so........ Canada's only remorse is the lumber stuff, but they know they are wrong on that one and Mexico and US trade relationships have been improving so yeah... I find it hard to believe that EU's petty tantrum is going to lead to something significant.
    Last edited by Mittens; 2017-07-07 at 03:37 PM.

Maybe I'm reading what Mayhem said wrong, but to me, it sounds like he wants the EU to limit steel exports to the US. That is stupid AF!!! If the US ever needs steel they can get it from China, they are flooding the market.
    Trump's looking into limiting all steel imports.