Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Beauty queen wearing gloves at orphanage 'not racist'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-40496532

Photos of Miss South Africa wearing gloves while visiting black children at an orphanage in Soweto sparked a online outcry - but the orphanage staff say any insinuation that Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters is racist is "ridiculous".

"Of course it wasn't because she didn't want to touch black children," says Carol Dyantyi, a spokesperson for the Orlando West Community Centre Ikageng.

Nel-Peters was volunteering to feed orphans at the centre, and the gloves were a health and safety measure.

"We told her, and all other volunteers, to wear them while they were handling food around the children," Dyantyi tells BBC Trending. "It was purely to protect the children from the risk of contaminated food. This social media reaction is ridiculous."

Thousands of Twitter users criticised Nel-Peters after photos of her at a soup drive on Wednesday began to circulate on social media.

Many accused the beauty queen of wearing the latex gloves "because she didn't want to touch black children" and shared images of her hugging dogs and white children with bare hands.
    Oh the cesspool that is Twitter

LOL...so ridiculous.
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you look at the disease and epidemics that have stemmed from that continent...can't say I blame her.

"There are roughly 23.8 million infected persons in all of Africa. 91% of the world's HIV-positive children live in Africa."
    https://www.dosomething.org/us/facts...out-hiv-africa

Deleted
    Ah yes, twitter.. the home of right wing social bots and their overlord, Donald Trump..

I skimmed the post but to sum it up lefties are upset that someone doesn't want to touch children like they do?

[Infracted]
    Last edited by God Save The King; 2017-07-07 at 05:36 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post
    I mean, you look at the disease and epidemics that have stemmed from that continent...can't say I blame her.

"There are roughly 23.8 million infected persons in all of Africa. 91% of the world's HIV-positive children live in Africa."
    Not sure if you know this but HIV cannot be transmitted by skin to skin contact or by ingestion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rhackin View Post

Have I travelled back in time 30 years? HIV isn't transmitted via skin contact. Also the orphanage made her wear gloves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    I skimmed the post but to sum it up lefties are upset that someone doesn't want to touch children like they do?
    Err no that's not it, it's only six paragraphs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skillslam View Post
    Well some of them are advocating for pedophilia to be normalized so it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Cheese View Post
    Well some of them are advocating for pedophilia to be normalized so it wouldn't surprise me.
    The pedophile advocates I've so far seen on this forum, are couple individuals who are most definitely far off to the right.

So you were saying?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm expecting this thread to turn moronic one way or the other were already partly there with the hiv comment lets see how this plays out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    The pedophile advocates I've so far seen on this forum, are couple individuals who are most definitely far off to the right.

So you were saying?
    Are theses the same people who when ever a boy is a victim and the perp is a woman that say he got lucky?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I'm expecting this thread to turn moronic one way or the other were already partly there with the hiv comment lets see how this plays out.
    I just think people have severe reading comprehension issues and obvious educational issues to boot

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I just think people have severe reading comprehension issues and obvious educational issues to boot
    I find it funny cause I have reading comprehension issues from learning disability's yet I had no problem reading the whole op and understanding it.

White person wants to help black orphans.

Gots ta be wayyyyycism sumwarez.
    Dude 1 uses racial slur towards white people. (no infraction)
    Dude 2 asks Dude 1 why he is so racist towards white people. (infraction)

Are theses the same people who when ever a boy is a victim and the perp is a woman that say he got lucky?
    Some, yes. I'm mostly refering to certain unnamed ones, who always advocate removing age of consent, because in their opinion it's oppressive to men. And one individual while saying that, also has said that any women over 100 lbs is overweight. It's not very hard to connect the dots there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

7+ Year Old Account
    Some, yes. I'm mostly refering to certain unnamed ones, who always advocate removing age of consent, because in their opinion it's oppressive to men. And one individual while saying that, also has said that any women over 100 lbs is overweight. It's not very hard to connect the dots there.

Opprssiv to men? How could any one possible think that.

Deleted
    I find it funny cause I have reading comprehension issues from learning disability's yet I had no problem reading the whole op and understanding it.
    I also find it amusing because I went to a special school and people with Downs Syndrome understood HIV can not be transmitted via skin

10+ Year Old Account
    Czech Republic, Euro-Atlantic civilisation
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    Ah yes, twitter.. the home of right wing social bots and their overlord, Donald Trump..
    Yes I am sure it were ring wing bots that accused a white woman of racism towards black kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    Don't see what's wrong with fighting alongside Nazi Germany
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    someone who disagrees with me is simply wrong.

Deleted
    Unfortunately MMOC has a few open nonces

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoranon View Post
    Yes I am sure it were ring wing bots that accused a white woman of racism towards black kids.
    Same Here, I agree.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

"We told her, and all other volunteers, to wear them while they were handling food around the children," Dyantyi tells BBC Trending. "It was purely to protect the children from the risk of contaminated food. This social media reaction is ridiculous."

I wonder how many will overlook this little tidbit even in this thread.