Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Of course you can't rule anything out. But you seem to be forgetting that journalists make mistakes, and you're looking for perfection from one group while you hand-wave away abhorrent behavior from others - and then somehow grouping them into the same category.

That's blatantly false.
    You dont know me, this thread isnt about the other groups. It is about CNN and to a side point the rest of the news media. So lets concentrate on that. I doubt some of these mistakes about reporting guns is a mistake. It is a simple concept and if you are going to be passionate and have a discussion about a topic at least get the basics right. They dont want to or want to deliberately mislead.
    Last edited by petej0; 2017-07-07 at 04:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    CNN is most definitely liberal leaning but MSNBC is blatantly liberal leaning. And Fox leans right. So the VERY biased tv media companies rank #1 and #2. What does that tell us? People just want to watch something that reaffirms their beliefs. And those media companies know theres money to be had doing it.
    But this represents a change. CNN used to always be a solid #2, and now they are #13. Are you saying they are losing viewers in droves because they are too honest? Come on man...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    People are getting tired of fake news, and switching from CNN to Fox and MSNBC, clearly.
    Because Fox clearly never talks about fake news or hosts it I do seem to remember them talking with Trump about Obama, can't remember the subject tho. Was it his age, no. Was it about his parents?
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted

Seriously though what are we discussing?

Good. Shitty media corporations that rely on scummy tactics should die out.

How anyone can pin these news as only positive to "Trumpettes" is beyond me. Partisan blinders everywhere.
    FOX got judged hard, in the past, by the population and still today is somewhat ridiculed. About time CNN receives the same treatment. And, eventually, hopefully, all of them that rely on the tactics mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    I agree, but that doesnt change anything. Trump would have less of a position to argue from if the media was honest.
    Trump has no position to argue he is a compulsive liar that is a fact, the media does have it's flaws but if you support Trump you can't possibly be talking about bias, truth or honesty. I think the problem is the 24 hours news cycle journalist no longer take the time to vet sources as much as they used to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Good. Shitty media corporations that rely on scummy tactics should die out.

How anyone can pin these news as only positive to "Trumpettes" is beyond me. Partisan blinders everywhere.
    FOX got judged hard, in the past, by the population and still today is somewhat ridiculed. About time CNN receives the same treatment. And, eventually, hopefully, all of them that rely on the tactics mentioned above.
    CNN has always been a joke among liberals, conservatives take them more seriously than anyone else. They have always been a network that would do anything for ratings, they lost their way a long time ago, there's no fox news on the left so they keep trying to create one.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    Because Fox clearly never talks about fake news or hosts it I do seem to remember them talking with Trump about Obama, can't remember the subject tho. Was it his age, no. Was it about his parents?
    It seems the public disagrees. Fox is still #1, like always, but CNN is in a free fall. Do you think there will be a shake up in management, in order to keep advertisers there?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    All the fake stories? This is Trump at his best - cnn, which runs thousands of stories, occasionally makes a mistake (or an individual actor falsifies news on purpose). When this happens they admit their mistakes and diligently issue corrections, but Trump uses his pulpit to exaggerate the frequency and severity of the mistake in order to confuse the issue and make it seem like everyone is no good.

- - - Updated - - -

As I said above, it's because people who want the honest story are going to the internet, not cnn.
    They spent 80%+ of their air time covering a fake Russia Russia Russia investigation in to Trump, that factually didn't exist. Since they never retracted any of that coverage, viewers can see they are not serious about being honest. I think the public has likely also figured out, that given how many leaks there were about Trump, it's unlikely CNN never got the leaks that noted Trump wasn't actually under investigation by the FBI, after 11 months of looking in to Russia. The public is not as stupid as the media thinks they are.

If people are leaving the broadcast networks in droves, why are their ratings massively UP under Trump? You seem to be missing the point that, even though CNN is falling hard, in comparison to others, overall their ratings are up, as are all TV ratings. More folks are tuning in than ever before, yet less of them are watching CNN. Do you think it's because of all the fake news, or is it maybe boring hosts or something?

Can't have it both ways. If most media is liberal bias then you can't brag about FOX being #1 because all the supposed liberal bias media together gets far more viewers and readers than the handful of republican propaganda outlets of FOX/breitbart/drudge etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Trump has no position to argue he is a compulsive liar that is a fact, the media does have it's flaws but if you support Trump you can't possibly be talking about bias, truth or honesty.
    Good thing I am not a Trump supporter then.

I think the problem is the 24 hours news cycle journalist no longer take the time to vet sources as much as they used to.
    I agree, but that does not excuse a person from doing their job correctly. You cant just release a story if you havent confirmed your sources. Then you are just a gossip reporter, not a news reporter.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    You dont know me, this thread isnt about the other groups. It is about CNN and to a side point the rest of the news media. So lets concentrate on that. I doubt some of these mistakes about reporting guns is a mistake. It is a simple concept and if you are going to be passionate and have a discussion about a topic at least get the basics right. They dont want to or want to deliberately mislead.
    So this isn't about the other groups but it is on a side point? You're losing me here.

CNN is practicing responsible journalism, and they are getting blasted for it. Correcting your mistakes isn't fake news - it's good journalism.

Deleted
    You rightwingers have your attack angles all wrong. Why don't you look into CNN and Bilal Abdul Kareem and actually get something worth talking about.

10+ Year Old Account
    So this isn't about the other groups but it is on a side point? You're losing me here.

CNN is practicing responsible journalism, and they are getting blasted for it. Correcting your mistakes isn't fake news - it's good journalism.
    Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

This thread is about CNN and by extension the media in general. Not the President, Not the Democrats, Not the Republicans.

Unless of course, like I said earlier, you want to appear responsible but still throw out "fake Info" by throwing out the "fake info" so early readers get misinformed and go running with the false info. To then return with an "update" to appear responsible for correcting it. If I thought of it, I am sure they have thought of it.

10+ Year Old Account

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    This thread is about CNN and by extension the media in general. Not the President, Not the Democrats, Not the Republicans.
    Got it. I really was not understanding what you were getting at - so thank you for clarifying it.

Unless of course, like I said earlier, you want to appear responsible but still throw out "fake Info" by throwing out the "fake info" so early readers get misinformed and go running with the false info. To then return with an "update" to appear responsible for correcting it. If I thought of it, I am sure they have thought of it.
    I can see where some people might want to do that, but it would be tough to prove, and organizations like CNN have a good reputation for journalistic standards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    I am astounded that Fox News managed to get this title five years in a row, considering how little reliable they are, if at all.

But I suppose that CNN in 13th place is a win in itself, so there's that.
    it's because a lot of people only want news that confirms with their agenda.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    it's because a lot of people only want news that confirms with their agenda.
    Seems like that is the exact mentality that has lead to cnn being labeled fake news.

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    lol do you work for CNN? it took me less then a second to see your post was bullshit by using the power of google

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/by...rticle/2623641

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markjoy.../#105437ec728e

and so on
    You're calling bullshit on yourself? since you know you are the one who referenced it. Also did you read what you linked?

Quote Originally Posted by Daish View Post
    do you really believe trump is making up these fake news stories himself just to get media attention? get a grip

CNN admit it themselves they are making up stories
    Corrections and retractions means making up stories? were you born yesterday? The articles you linked said

"That Trump--doing most of the talking himself, or through his surrogates--manages to produce such negative coverage may speak more about the man than it does the media.

"The fact that Trump has received more negative coverage than his predecessor is hardly surprising," the Harvard report says. "The early days of his presidency have been marked by far more missteps and miss-hits, often self-inflicted, than any presidency in memory, perhaps ever.""

Corrections and retractions means making up stories? were you born yesterday? The articles you linked said

"That Trump--doing most of the talking himself, or through his surrogates--manages to produce such negative coverage may speak more about the man than it does the media.

"The fact that Trump has received more negative coverage than his predecessor is hardly surprising," the Harvard report says. "The early days of his presidency have been marked by far more missteps and miss-hits, often self-inflicted, than any presidency in memory, perhaps ever.""
    How about when CNN reported the Boston Marathon bomber was a "dark skinned male". That coverage lauded by CNN's president BTW.
    Or when they edited interviews with John Cena to give the impression he took steroids when he denied he did.
    Or more recently when they edited a speech during the Milwaukee riots of 2016 when a lady stated "Don't bring that violence here". CNN called her a champion for peace. They edited out the part where she said "Take that sh!t to the suburbs! Burn that sh!t down!" That isn't too peaceful.

Why people that defend CNN or any media company unless you are employed by them baffles me.