10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    Lololol. Calling an old god "not even remotely a threat" is the stupidest shit I've heard all year. Old gods have already puppeteered two expansions (cata, mop... more?). And that was *without* even making a proper appearance. Just because you don't like it won't change anything.
    Might as well be arguing with a brick wall. He never believed in Azshara or N'zoth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    How do you make 3 or even 2 specs out of something so limited?

Stupid indeed! But do you know what isn't?!?!?

Well the weebo masses have spoken and they want MASSIVE over-the-top anime mechs. This, of course, is not ridiculous at all and actually VERY cool and would enhance the game GREATLY. Can we get a talent that lets a party of five Tinkerer-ers form Voltron please? GG M+
    So if you were to ask me how I'd make a pure DPS class that is ranged with 3 specs, I could make Tinker work. How did Walock and Rogue work?:P just need some creative design.

Spec 1, I'd call it Gunslinger. This is the Rambo-style, Ratchet-and-Clank absurd spec that uses a bunch of big ol' guns and contraptions like turrets (think Shaman totems with AI), electrical zaps, flamethrower.
    I think a Goblin Gunslinger Tinker and I think Rocket Raccoon.

Spec 2, I'd call it Explosives. It's a heavy AoE focused spec. Chucking bombs around, sticky bombs that explode when the enemy is below 20% health as a sort of placeable execute debuff. It's a maniacal, less restrained Tinker going full ham not thinking consequences. Perfect for Goblin and Gnome!

Spec 3, I'd call it Commando. It would have support options but would be a DPS spec. Calling in Air Strikes and Package Drops with a squawky-talky, setting up robotic walker drones that can be targeted at players to restore health and resources or at enemies to deliver bombs to the face. It's a Tinker who uses tech to reach back to home base, and would be like a spec ops kinda spec.

Glad to see the Hype Train is going full steam ahead ! I'm getting vibes of the WoD/Legion threads

Let us not regard "leaks from an industry insider" as the truth and people "leaking" shouldn't claim they're the truth either as this is Blizzard and basically nothing is set in stone yet. This mistake has been made in well.. every previous hype thread. Whether the claims hold up to the announcement we'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Glad to see the Hype Train is going full steam ahead ! I'm getting vibes of the WoD/Legion threads

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McFuu View Post
    He's nobody, no one leaks crap like this on a forum. He is just giving information we already know and baiting people with long requested features.
    I'm also giving information which is explicitly counter to the Reddit leak because I know for a fact that the leak is partially false.

Anyway, you really don't have to believe it. No skin off my back. Feel free to check my accuracy once it's all publicly announced.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    With regard to subraces specifically, I've long been a proponent of this idea, so that's one positive, I suppose. I'm curious as to what we'll get, whether they'll be limited to reskins/minor model changes, if all races get them, etc.

I suppose I can see:

Orc:
    -Mag'har
    -Blackrock/Shattered Hand/Dragonmaw Skins
    -Mok'nathal (Possibly)

Troll:
    -Forest Troll (Revantusk)
    -Frost Troll (Possibly)
    -Zandalari (Assuming we get model changes)

Tauren:
    -Highmountain (It seems like Baine was planned to be there in some form or another)
    -Grimtotem (Thunderbluff has had a few defectors)
    -Taunka (Really have been hoping for this since WotLK)
    -Yaungol (Unlikely, but worth mentioning)

Forsaken:
    -Reskinned Human models (I might not have been a believer in this before, but the Nathanos short story does set a precedent)
    -Undead Elves
    -No Bones
    -Skeleton (Unlikely but worth mentioning)

Blood Elf:
    -High Elf (Unlikely. Would be wasted on the Horde)
    -Nightborne (A possibility, given that Quel'thalas seems to have better relations with Suramar than Darnassus, would also allow Alliance to have High Elves)
    -Wretched (Unlikely, but worth a mention)

Goblin:
    -Hobgoblin (Unlikely, but Goblins really don't have many other options)
    -Fat, Gallywix-esque model variation?

Human:
    -Vrykul (Much better as a standalone race)
    -Half Elf (Gotta have those elves)
    -High Elves (Given their proximity to Humans, they could be shoved in here)

Beyond that, there's little to give to humans that I can think of at the moment. There's no real need to differentiate between citizens of Stormwind and Lordaeron, Kul'tiras, Gilneas, Stromgarde, etc.

Dwarf:
    -Dark Iron
    -Wildhammer
    -Frostborn (Muradin was acting as their leader for a bit)

Gnome:
    -Leper Gnome (Perhaps they've found a partial cure. There's little else to give to Gnomes, and it would drive their story forward)
    -Mechagnome (Unlikely but worth mentioning)

Night Elf:
    -Nightborne (While Blood Elves have a story and culture advantage, Night Elves have the "racial" advantage, with Nightborne being closer to them)
    -High Elves (Could also be shoved here)
    -Highborne (Unlikely as the former Shen'dralar have no differentiation, but worth mentioning)

Draenei:
    -Broken
    -Army of Light Draenei (Have golden eyes, and tail jewelry it seems)

Worgen:
    -Moonfang (Night Elf, instead of human. More feral, etc.)

Is there anything I left out? Perhaps Worgen/Goblin won't get subraces, but new models?
    You forgot Pandaren.

My main issue with that as a major expansion feature is that only one on there that looks worthwhile is the Nightborne and Vrykul. I HIGHLY doubt Blizzard would give humans Vrykul as a sub-race. If they're going to go through the trouble of creating an entire new model with skins and everything else, they'd just bring them in as their own race.

Also if you had a choice between being a Human or a Vrykul or a NE or a Nightborne, why the hell would your choose the older Human and NE models over the brand new Vrykul or Nightborne model? The new models are going to look vastly superior to the older model in every way imaginable. The only way that works is if Blizzard redesigns the Human and NE models again in order to compete with the newer models, and that wouldn't be fair to the rest of the races.

And as mentioned, some races don't get anything nearly as cool as a Vrykul or Nightborne model, which would skew the racial imbalance even further. I mean, upright Brown orcs, leper Gnomes and Broken Draenei versus new Vrykul and Nightborne models?

El oh el.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-07-07 at 05:23 PM.

Playable Naga finally

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I hope they just make the next expansion street. Give back to the black community in some way.
    Give it back? Didn't know it had been taken away from them to be honest.

You know I actually hope it is South Seas.

Would be nice to have another expansion like Mists personally. Where it's more of a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Akande Ogundimu View Post
    Well, yeah. I can see something like that happening too, but I don't think it'll be on the Ruby Sanctum level though.

- - - Updated - - -

If you see those tendrils on the Kul Tiras clothing, it kinda makes it seem like they're worshiping N'zoth in particular. Maybe he's taken control of Kul Tiras as well as Jaina at this point.
    Looks more akin to waves... at least, that's my take on the image.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Kul Tiras was the name of the island; Boralus was the capital, and I don't know of any lore that states that the entire island was a city.
    "Kul Tiras is a human city-state built on an island once located south-west of Lordaeron and west of Khaz Modan."

Boralus isn't considered cannon by many sources as it was only mentioned in the RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Its a long wait till Blizzcon. FeelsBadMan

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Get yo ass (slowly) ready for map datamining.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Get yo ass (slowly) ready for map datamining.
    I have been automating my full workflow for a while and after a few years I am finally close to fully automated minimap updates without any human intervention (unless Blizzard breaks something which will happen in 8.0)

Detecting and downloading new builds? Check.
    Extracting and compiling new minimaps? Check.
    Better viewer for viewing minimaps? Check.

Bring it, Blizzard!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Both of them are pretty stupid ideas.

We already discussed Tinkers pretty much so no comment on them here.

But Naga? Come on. Even when they give Naga the option to transform back to Elves (which would be horrible lore-wise) there are still massive issues with equip and clipping. Naga can't wear any of the "old" armor as their body doesn't fit any of the usual slots (no feet, no trousers, no chest, no shoulders, no gloves, no head piece).

With all their fins it's impossible to design equip for them. So that would require that Naga are always Elves and that's not going to happen. Naga as a race is pretty impossible.
    we already have 4 races ingame that cant wear feet and have to have unique models made for each of them. 2 models ingame that require entirely different models for helmets, and naga can already wear every other piece of armor ingame.

the fins arent a problem, elf ears and forsaken bones already come out of the armor, for mounting they can just give them a unique side saddle mounting animation. blizzard made brand new mounting animations for every race just for two motorcycle mounts i think they can create a side saddle animation for 1 race.

im sorry but people like you just lack imagination and are pretty ignorant of armor problems races that are already ingame have to deal with.

do you know how many helms i see ingame and think "wow that looks so cool, i wonder what it looks like on my worgen" and it ends up looking completely different because worgens have unique helm models that change the way the armor looks completely, sometimes removing entire sections of it in order to make it work with their mouths
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish only, that if south seas expac will become true... Tol'Barad will be revelant again, not in facto only PvP zone, but in matter also about story.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    ...The 3 staple questions I wanna know for the next expansion:

1. Will there be a new class? It's fine with me if there isn't.
    2. Will there be new playable races? It's fine wirh me if there isn't.
    3. What will the new max level be? 115 or 120?

I predict the next expansion will pull a WoD and not introduce a new class or new playable races. LOL.
    1) No.
    2) Maybe.
    3) 120... this was answered recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    I have been automating my full workflow for a while and after a few years I am finally close to fully automated minimap updates without any human intervention (unless Blizzard breaks something which will happen in 8.0)

Detecting and downloading new builds? Check.
    Extracting and compiling new minimaps? Check.
    Better viewer for viewing minimaps? Check.

Bring it, Blizzard!
    Now that's hot!

Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    "Kul Tiras is a human city-state built on an island once located south-west of Lordaeron and west of Khaz Modan."

Boralus isn't considered cannon by many sources as it was only mentioned in the RPG.
    Which can be brought into the game if Blizzard really wanted to.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely going to be new races/sub-races next expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Yeah, anyone who says Naga can't work as a race does obviously not know a thing about 3D modeling animation.
    Had you used the argument pre-WoD I might've agreed with it. But it's 2017.

We would've said the same thing (and it was said) about Worgen as well. Yet they worked out just fine even though they look dumb as hell when riding certain mounts.
    Same for the panda.

The game evolves and so does the tech.

I personally hope for Naga to be a race now with the Coilskar finally being on our side, but I don't think we'll ever get them as a race. They probably share the same fate as with Ethereals, Arakkoa and Ogres. That they're only there as an NPC race and will never be made available as a playable race.