Page 21 of 32 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given Alleria's past I wouldn't expect her to have much warm sentiment for the Horde - she might recognize that the current Horde isn't the same as the old Horde, but it's quite the hurdle to think positively of a group that carries the name (and some of the people) who originally slaughtered your loved ones and burnt down large portions of your homeland. She might not be as adamant in her views as Vereesa, but she definitely has a long way to go toward faction neutrality of any kind.
    It's also important to remember that when Anasterian and his supporters were already distancing themselves from the Alliance because of their petty politics, Alleria fully supported them and even left, completely out of her own volition, for Draenor.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    none of this magically has made High elves any less closer to being completely wiped out.
    That's why it makes sense for them to be included as a sub-race, not a fully blown race. Sub-races do not have to be particularly numerous.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    It's also important to remember that when Anasterian and his supporters were already distancing themselves from the Alliance because of their petty politics, Alleria fully supported them and even left, completely out of her own volition, for Draenor.
    Because she recognized That the orcs were a threat, not because of any fondness for the Alliance or the humans.

That's why it makes sense for them to be included as a sub-race, not a fully blown race. Sub-races do not have to be particularly numerous.
    if thats all it took you would have had high elves back in 2007. Don't hold your breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    And little by little, my speculation of the nightborne and high elves being added as subraces to blood and night elves seems closer to become reality.

I'm ecstactic, really. If this turns out to be reality in 8.0, I'll race change my night elf (which was a blood elf before) as soon as it's available.
    Yeah, in this case patience has been a virtue. We've both put forth different ideas and ways to implement high elves on another forum and as soon as Nightborme was revealed I had a strong sense that they were seeded as a Horde race.

Quote Originally Posted by Yaskaleh View Post
    Yeah, in this case patience has been a virtue. We've both put forth different ideas and ways to implement high elves on another forum and as soon as Nightborme was revealed I had a strong sense that they were seeded as a Horde race.
    The best thing about they possibly adding subraces is that it has the potential to have so many new options, it could have something cool for (almost) everyone.

none of this magically has made High elves any less closer to being completely wiped out.
    that argument doesn't hold water, and honestly never has. our character is the only one in the story. the others running around aren't there.

one high elf being a part of a faction doesn't mean millions are.

Well if Alleria stays on that course there is a good chance her people will thank her sacrifices with exile,which is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that argument doesn't hold water, and honestly never has. our character is the only one in the story. the others running around aren't there.

one high elf being a part of a faction doesn't mean millions are.
    When BLizzard response has been again and again that there are too few of them, and that they dont like the idea of sharing models, it does.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

So... Does this mean the withered will be the sub race of the Forsaken?

- - - Updated - - -

And what is a locus-walker?

When BLizzard response has been again and again that there are too few of them, and that they dont like the idea of sharing models, it does.
    like, i get the not sharing models. i think it's stupid, but i get that.

but the population one will never be a legitimate reason.

but, anyway, i would enjoy nightborne. don't think it'll ever happen though, cause they're one of those pretty races you see from a distance. but they get very basic when you examine them further. typical for npc races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    like, i get the not sharing models. i think it's stupid, but i get that.

but the population one will never be a legitimate reason.

but, anyway, i would enjoy nightborne. don't think it'll ever happen though, cause they're one of those pretty races you see from a distance. but they get very basic when you examine them further. typical for npc races.
    They honestly look like blizzard gave 2 shits with them about the whole stars in Retopo. if they want to make them playable, they have to complexity remake them.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It sounds like an Ethereal, and the dungeon in which this conversation occurs in is full of them. They seem to be fully Void-tainted members of Salhadar's Etherium movement.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    That's the information was I referring to above. Alleria is definitely still pro-Alliance, as would be expected really. I do wonder what she'll think of the Night Elves being part of the Alliance, though - or the Sin'dorei/Quel'dorei split and the reasons for its continuance.
    Or if someone a little less self righteous tells her why Sylvanas is Horde leader and what Humans/Dwarfs/Nelves did to her people.

Deleted
    Because she recognized That the orcs were a threat, not because of any fondness for the Alliance or the humans.
    Source? Because for all we know, she cared for the soldiers she fought with against the Horde, she cared for Turalyon, and she believed in the ideals of the Alliance. When the Sons of Lothar marched into Draenor, it was not to protect their own lands, it was to protect any potential world from the orcs. Pure altruism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    Source? Because for all we know, she cared for the soldiers she fought with against the Horde, she cared for Turalyon, and she believed in the ideals of the Alliance. When the Sons of Lothar marched into Draenor, it was not to protect their own lands, it was to protect any potential world from the orcs. Pure altruism.
    She didn't care about Turalyon when she was going after orcs. SHe was using the alliance as a tool to kill orcs. she didnt fall for Turalyon until later.
    Holy shit lol

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post

looking at the name and the place the alleria stuff takes place in, sounds like one of the void ethereals.

withered are braindead, by hunger consumed husks of their former selves, they arent anywhere near intelligent enough to be playable.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    Wrong. The Sons of Lothar marched into Draenor to end the Horde threat (But for Alleria, it was all for revenge, nothing altruistic at all), and only after they were sealed on the other end did they feel any sort of altruism.

Read Tides of Darkness and Beyond the Dark Portal. When the Horde first came, she wanted to fight because she thought they were a threat to Quel'thalas. When the Amani joined up, she convinced Anasterian to join the Alliance by throwing a troll head at his feet to show him that the trolls intended on helping the Horde with the promise of eradicating the elves. She didn't give a damn about the humans, and even disliked them and was an all around bitch to every one of them she came in contact with. Then the orcs killed her little brother, and she wandered into Turalyon's tent, distraught, had a one-night stand with him, presumably being impregnated with Arator that night, immediately regretted it and went back to total bitch mode. And for the year or however long between WC2 and WC2:BtDP, she spent all that time hunting orcs and brutally slaughtering them, because of her thirst for revenge. And she stayed in total bitch mode until they were on Outland and Turalyon ordered her to stay behind, at which point she finally let go of her self-destructive desire for vengeance against the orcs (like deranged, Vereesa-against-innocent-blood-elves-levels of vengeance) because she thought he was going to be killed and she wanted to help. That's the time when she actually openly liked/loved him. And at that point only, did she ever like any of the Sons of Lothar as friends or otherwise. Not the Alliance in general, but those she personally knows. The only group she ever liked as a whole without needing to know them all personally was Quel'thalas, because her homeland and her people.

And did Chronicle clear up the complete mess of Arator with a retcon? Because the WC2 novels make it impossible for his in-game stuff to be canon, and vice versa.

10+ Year Old Account
    So Alleria still hates the Horde for what they've done to her people during WII ?

Love it. I hope she will finally lead the High elves into the Alliance as some of them have already been datamined on Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post
    So Alleria still hates the Horde for what they've done to her people during WII ?

Love it. I hope she will finally lead the High elves into the Alliance as some of them have already been datamined on Argus.
    Do love this hysterical belief that High elves are owed to the Alliance as if blizzard wronged them all those years ago. Alleria joining the current alliance would do nothing.
    Last edited by Friendlyimmolation; 2017-07-07 at 07:02 PM.
    Holy shit lol

Sometimes I will log in just to look at my blood elf and then logout.

Quote Originally Posted by elbleuet View Post

I don't mind her hating the rest of the Horde. She's a Windrunner, and they're all completely insane. But to hate the blood elves is too much. Especially to hate the blood elves because they're in the Horde, when they were driven there by the Alliance.

I would love for Alleria to take the reins of the high elves and bring them back to Quel'thalas again, just not to fight for the Horde. Everyone should be for their homeland before they're Horde or Alliance. She should meet with Auric again and lead the elves living at Quel'Danil, and the Silver Covenant, to make one unified group of level-headed high elves who are more than just tools for their insane leader's personal misguided and completely self-centered vendettas. And those high elves can be friends with Quel'thalas, just not the Horde as a whole. I don't really care what Alleria does as long as hating her people (especially due to biased bullshit spouted by Vereesa) and devoting the rest of her life to murdering every single blood elf isn't one of them.

And I dearly hope that Vereesa reacts negatively to Alleria absorbing that void stuff so Alleria is like "Wow...I was your sister a second ago, and now I'm a monster? Yeah, I can see where the Blood Elves are coming from, screw you."