Season 11 and new patch zero item/class changes?

So let me get this straight

They introduced necromancer and all his spells and items.

They also introduced Challenger rifts which is cool.

That's it?

So in season 11 everything for every class is the same as in season 10? Same GR builds, same farm builds literally nothing changes just the new season is that right?

Legendary Gems
    Zei’s Stone of Vengeance
    When a pet deals damage with this gem equipped, bonuses are now always granted from the player to the enemy hit instead of from the pet to the enemy

This is the only non necromancer change that i found in patch notes/season 11.

Have i just terribly overlooked something or am i correct?

P.S. I am not trying to hate on a game or anything so please dont start some weird discussions just confirm if the above said is correct or not please.

7+ Year Old Account
    New zones.

Bu there are no changes to other classes, no.

well...

Wizard Skills
    Mirror Image
    Simulacrum
    This rune has been renamed to “Hard Light”

Also set dungeon are nerfed and you can now instantly ressurect in GRs.

Yah, I miss the days where you had 1 item in season that you didn't have in normal and you had different builds etc, like I told my friends today, no point of playing season if you don't want the extra stash

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd expect some set and spell tuning for the Necromancer but I'd hardly call that anything other than extended public testing. Then again I also have equal reason to believe nothing will happen.

I'm pretty much over the Necromancer at this point though and likely won't make it to or be interested in the season so I don't really have a horse in this race. Counting 1 - 70, I had enough crafting materials to bang out a full Inarius set in less than a day and totaled about 13 hours. I can make the ~40k I spent on the token back in significantly less time by crafting some jewelry so it's not like I'm really salty about the value.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-07-02 at 09:44 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    New zones.

Bu there are no changes to other classes, no.

well...

Wizard Skills
    Mirror Image
    Simulacrum
    This rune has been renamed to “Hard Light”

Also set dungeon are nerfed and you can now instantly ressurect in GRs.
    Oh yeah, do new zones rotate in rifts? Or are they exclusive to exploring by foot for now?

I just found it misleading that on diablofans patch recap is posted and it says class changes / item changes were in reality its just necro skills/items introduction.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    Oh yeah, do new zones rotate in rifts? Or are they exclusive to exploring by foot for now?
    They are in rifts, quite often actually (new monsters too).
    Vesalius is a new Rift Guardian.

Deleted
    Well, it is good to know it now, i had been thinking about waiting for 22th of july for creating a new hardcore char, because i thought the season would introduce some changes in gear/jewels, but if that is not the case i have no reason to wait.

This is kind of sad. I get they focused on the necro and all that but to not do any class set changes to shift the builds around a bit just sucks. Wizard has been stuck with some really shit builds for a few seasons now. I kind of miss when they'd buff a set for a class each season so there was at least some variety. I have no real desire to do necro and this season will be the same as the last 2 or 3. Pass.

Looking at the rewards for season 11 make me wonder what is the point now? I guess the Diablo team focus all their attention on necro, it's understandable, but if we continue like this we will reach a point where season will nothing than waste of time

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    Looking at the rewards for season 11 make me wonder what is the point now? I guess the Diablo team focus all their attention on necro, it's understandable, but if we continue like this we will reach a point where season will nothing than waste of time
    I just wish they'd take a small bit of time and do what they did in some prior seasons and just give % buffs/changes to some of the other tier sets. For the most part it took very little work to make other specs come out and be worth playing. They can't even put that much effort into the seasons anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    This is kind of sad. I get they focused on the necro and all that but to not do any class set changes to shift the builds around a bit just sucks. Wizard has been stuck with some really shit builds for a few seasons now. I kind of miss when they'd buff a set for a class each season so there was at least some variety. I have no real desire to do necro and this season will be the same as the last 2 or 3. Pass.
    The prob with wiz is every good build is some variation of Archon. I hate cool-down builds, let me just do nothing for 30 seconds then unleash the overpower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephcyte View Post
    So let me get this straight

They introduced necromancer and all his spells and items.

They also introduced Challenger rifts which is cool.

That's it?

So in season 11 everything for every class is the same as in season 10? Same GR builds, same farm builds literally nothing changes just the new season is that right?

Legendary Gems
    Zei’s Stone of Vengeance
    When a pet deals damage with this gem equipped, bonuses are now always granted from the player to the enemy hit instead of from the pet to the enemy

This is the only non necromancer change that i found in patch notes/season 11.

Have i just terribly overlooked something or am i correct?

P.S. I am not trying to hate on a game or anything so please dont start some weird discussions just confirm if the above said is correct or not please.
    Adding a brand new class and balancing it is a pretty damn HUGE thing for a patch. Get over your baseless Diablo 3 hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Adding a brand new class and balancing it is a pretty damn HUGE thing for a patch. Get over your baseless Diablo 3 hate.
    The necromancer is not part of the patch it's a paid dlc. So nice try jaylock

Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    The prob with wiz is every good build is some variation of Archon. I hate cool-down builds, let me just do nothing for 30 seconds then unleash the overpower.
    Ugh I know, I hate the Archon builds so damn much too. Just give us some non-Archon stuff so we can have some fun again.