UH as KJ big armagedon's soaker

quick question...

using "corpse shiled" suppose to take off 90% the damage you take and transfer it to your abomination. it will kill your abomination , but it also has a 1 - min CD. not sure if the abomination would survive the hit with IBF (on us) and Protective Bile (once every 3 mins) but even so, does it makes UH viable as Big armagedon soaker?

if so, how frequent do these big ones being casted? (because if the time interval is larger than 1 - min it means we could possibly soak each and every one of them and free everyone else)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    quick question...

using "corpse shiled" suppose to take off 90% the damage you take and transfer it to your abomination. it will kill your abomination , but it also has a 1 - min CD. not sure if the abomination would survive the hit with IBF (on us) and Protective Bile (once every 3 mins) but even so, does it makes UH viable as Big armagedon soaker?

if so, how frequent do these big ones being casted? (because if the time interval is larger than 1 - min it means we could possibly soak each and every one of them and free everyone else)
    Maybe, but that also put that whole mechanic on 1 person vs having the entire raid get used to it and having more flex options available in case of an early death ect. Tbh between mages, hunters and paladins having excellent immunes for this mechanic it really shouldn't be an issue.

Its more than once a min. Maybe like every 30 or so seconds. While not a expert on the method your wanting to try, if you decide to give it a go have a backup just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Atraxxa View Post
    Maybe, but that also put that whole mechanic on 1 person vs having the entire raid get used to it and having more flex options available in case of an early death ect. Tbh between mages, hunters and paladins having excellent immunes for this mechanic it really shouldn't be an issue.
    I TOTALLY agree with you.

However, i'm talking about PUG enviroment (in which RL usually asks for classes with immunities in advance which might put classes other than those you mentioned in disadvantage).

Quote Originally Posted by leorana View Post
    I TOTALLY agree with you.

However, i'm talking about PUG enviroment (in which RL usually asks for classes with immunities in advance which might put classes other than those you mentioned in disadvantage).
    I never actually tried, but do the other 15 million damage go towards your pet even if it dies? Essentially, does it reduce any hit by 90% no matter what as long as it is one hit or does it only send as much damage away as the pet can actually take?

Either way, I think unholy should only do it in emergencies. Loosing your pet is a big deal dps wise where the other classes lose barely anything (besides the time spend soaking).

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I never actually tried, but do the other 15 million damage go towards your pet even if it dies? Essentially, does it reduce any hit by 90% no matter what as long as it is one hit or does it only send as much damage away as the pet can actually take?

Either way, I think unholy should only do it in emergencies. Loosing your pet is a big deal dps wise where the other classes lose barely anything (besides the time spend soaking).
    Haven't played with that talent for a while but if I remember correctly, the damage done get transfered back to you if the pet is killed. Or so I remember. So it was kind of a bummer because the pet didn't had a lot of HP to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiz View Post
    Haven't played with that talent for a while but if I remember correctly, the damage done get transfered back to you if the pet is killed. Or so I remember. So it was kind of a bummer because the pet didn't had a lot of HP to begin with.
    If that's the case then it wouldn't work anyway, would it? On Normal it does like 16.7m dmg (on heroic 25.1m and on mythic 42.5m) according to the dungeon journal - before armor. Let's assume 40% reduction via armor. 26% via IBF.

That gets your 16.7m down to "16.7m*(1-0.40)(1-0.26)=10.76m

Now we transfer 9,684m to the pet (90%) and eat 1.074m directly.

My pet has like 1.8m life, let's say a virtual 3.6m with with protective bile. That would still cause another 6.084 to rebound back to me if that was the case. Too bad I already did normal this week, I'd like to see if it does indeed rebounds the dmg that is over the pet's life, but someone surely has tried that before.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2017-07-08 at 06:46 AM.

Protective Vile doesn't reduce damage taken through Corpse Shield, unless that was changed, but it never did since it's implementation.

I've tried it, and it doesn't work. It only absorbs your pets health and anything over that is transfered.

We're honestly better off as an actual dedicated little armaggedon soaker. We can mitigate the fire Dot if you AMS before it hits. Big armaggedon is all physical, we should stay away from that