Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    "LFM - ToS, Must have killed the bosses at least once!"
    Ignoring the idiotic hypothetical, didn't Hand only require Shade and Illidan?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    Ignoring the idiotic hypothetical, didn't Hand only require Shade and Illidan?
    You think its idiotic that one raid would be more successful than the other given the requirements?

You think its idiotic that one raid would be more successful than the other given the requirements?
    I think it's idiotic to try and justify such a hypothetical with such ridiculous requirements. "LFM - ToS, No Experience Required!" means you'll get experienced players anyway, because your requirement isn't "no experience only". Also it says nothing about the raid sizes, the ilevel of the players, whether they've read up on the tactics, the difficulty of the raid (normal vs heroic vs mythic), previous experience. etc etc. I could go on.

So yeah, idiotic.

Also:
    didn't Hand only require Shade and Illidan?

It was such an amazing raid for its time. That being said, I think there will be plenty of groups requesting that players have the Hand of A'dal title to get into their groups. This would pretty much guarantee that the player has had at least SOME experience in Black Temple when it was actually relevant content during TBC.
    I think you can run your raid group however you want but will remind you that the quest wasn't removed, the quest ID changed. If you were already on it when 3.0 landed, you could still get the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matchu View Post
    I think it's idiotic to try and justify such a hypothetical with such ridiculous requirements. "LFM - ToS, No Experience Required!" means you'll get experienced players anyway, because your requirement isn't "no experience only". Also it says nothing about the raid sizes, the ilevel of the players, whether they've read up on the tactics, the difficulty of the raid (normal vs heroic vs mythic), previous experience. etc etc. I could go on.

So yeah, idiotic.

Also:
    Again, you fail with simple logic and reading comprehension.

Requiring everyone in the raid to have experience killing all the bosses as opposed to not will yield a raid with less wipes.

I thought that would be common sense, but it seems to some people.

10+ Year Old Account
    The likelyhood of an applicant having 5 years experience in Finance being able to pick up and do a good job is a lot higher than someone with no or little experience.

Thats something that literally can't be refuted. And the fact that you even tried blows my mind.

Vs.

"LFM - ToS, No Experience Required!"

Which raid do you think will have less wipes?
    But this is where your example comes flawed.

Vs.

"LFM - ToS, No Experience Required!"
    You're reading black and white. One thing could be boosted and the other thing could be experienced.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    OT: They won't considering how few people actually have the title and still play.
    Count me in
    Oh no, I've been cancelled for a while, but planning to return eventually

You tried. 2/10.

Deleted
    Personally I think its great. It weeds out the bad from the good for the most part.
    you've got to be kidding me? People are clearing stuff in week one of a lockout, without any ptr-experience, nor the Hand of Adal title. This is the equivalent to "looking for a new molecular scientist. Must have a 1902 biology diploma".

Edit: seems that you kind of have a reputation for those kind of threads... Shame on me for falling for it

I sold that account a while back with the Champion of the Na'ru and Hand of Adal titles. Black Temple was fun but I have no desire to ever PUG it with a group of casuals. Molten Core was a shit show when it was re-released at the start of WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How will you find a group then?
    I dunno maybe because I have the title and the illidan kill achievement from October 2008?

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    How will you find a group then?
    Might have something to do with Jay having the title.

10+ Year Old Account
    This entire thread is just another attempt to stir up shit on the forum, with your usual "everyone who played in xxx era was good, everyone else is bad, I'm so cool, look at me!" kind of stuff.