Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    one thing i liked about the video is that it shows him paying attention to and analyzing their movements. He's not a simply brute.

also

I do wonder what the voice lines between him and his fellow talon members will be.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-07-07 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    6> That shielding passive, if it's strong enough, should maybe have been enough to classify him as a tank. I'd have to play with that to tell. Definitely going to be a nightmare for healers if he flanks around to take them out, since he'll probably outshield whatever damage they can dish as he kills them.
    Provided he doesn't hit them much, he's actually surprisingly squishy seeing as his shields are based on the damage he does to things, so provided they see him coming they have a reasonable chance of getting out of trouble. I didn't have too much trouble doing so on Mercy yesterday when I played against Doomfist on the PTR.

Some of the thoughts I had on that experience was:

A> He's hard countered by Sombra's hack, all his mobility is shut down by it leaving him with his shotgun fists.
    B> Orisa does very well against him, shield + guns + fortify means that she can lay damage into him on his approach to engage her and she can't be pushed out of position by his charge thing and uppercut.
    C> Any experienced Bastion is gonna shred him, as of yesterday they're not knocked out of turret form by his charge (according to Bastion friend, screen jumps a bit by he didn't actually move), also the charge has him moving in a predictable pattern and if long enough, the Bastion will shred him by the time he arrives.
    D> Dat hangtime tho'. Any long range hitscan will punish a Doomfist for such silly things. Even I, who's about a mediocre Widow as can get, managed to pick off several of them when they used predictable abilities.
    E> His ult is avoidable as you do get a few moments of warning and if you can't avoid it entirely, you can get out of the epicenter to a survivable location. I could see it being thoroughly heinous combined with a Zarya or Orisa gravity thing though. Yoink 'em all together, Doomfist arrives to say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    groups are meant to be more damage to support and healers
    its like in wow you want more damage specs then healers and tank, because groups need less tanks and healers then dps

- - - Updated - - -

does no one understand how tank/heal/dps works?

you want more damage then tanks/heals, meaning that games must make more dps then heal and tank, that way it naturallly pushes more people to them

lets say the game has 10 people on a team

if there is 10 dps class, 10 healer classes, and 10 tank classes
    by pure logic of probability the 10 man team would be
    3 tank
    3 dps
    3 heals
    and an extra
    but that is a fucking HORRIBLE team

now if you have 5 tanks, 5 heals, and 20 dps then by probability about
    2 tanks
    2 heals
    6 dps
    a much better, MUCH better team
    Not sure what you're arguing for. In OW it's standard to have as many healers and tanks as dps , unlike WoW where you have a lot more dps than tanks and healers in raids. Are you saying you want the standard OW team to have 1 tank, 1 healer and 4 dps?
    Comparing to WoW doesn't make sense.

Having only 4 healers to choose from is bad for the game.
    Adding another hero that would fit into dive comps is bad for the game.

He looks like a badass, and even though I was skeptical of his moveset at first, when I played him on the PTR I had loads of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i am still heart broken it was not terry crews...
    I guarantee we will see Terry Crews memes anyway.
    "Leave your personal feedback, don't try to convince them that "everyone" hates something." - Ion Hazzikostas
    It's actually Wowhead, if I quoted directly from Ion the signature would drag out too long.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Explicit Teemo Nudes View Post
    Not sure what you're arguing for. In OW it's standard to have as many healers and tanks as dps , unlike WoW where you have a lot more dps than tanks and healers in raids. Are you saying you want the standard OW team to have 1 tank, 1 healer and 4 dps?
    Comparing to WoW doesn't make sense.

Having only 4 healers to choose from is bad for the game.
    Adding another hero that would fit into dive comps is bad for the game.
    your groups run 2 tanks, 2 dps, 2 heals? wow interesting
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I think that ability is mostly supposed to be used to get to places. The damage is pretty crap so don't let it fool you into using it when there's a bunch of enemies grouped up together.
    it;s more like a fighting game with Doomfist, press A, B and then finish of with C or just go with C

He is hard to judge how he really will be on life, can't imagine that his alternative fire will go on like this for to long since it literally can 1-shot other damage dealer but it's also nice to have somebody else that can deal with shields more directly outside of Sombra

I think he is just really strong now because most people don't know how to handle him yet.

He may be a bit stronger than reaper mb? His shield is as strong as reapers heal. He can do a lot of dmg in Melee, but reapers ult has much more damage and reaper can has wraith form to escape.

10+ Year Old Account
    That punching through shields thing sounds abit crazy.
    Last edited by CptEgo; 2017-07-07 at 12:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see potential solo lane hero for HOTS. Hope it may happend...

Instantly reminded me of Neinhalt Sieger, from the Samurai Shodown series. Add a bit of Dhalsim if you will, for extra tribal look!

Quote Originally Posted by CptEgo View Post
    That punching through shields thing sounds abit crazy.
    After having my ass handed to me by a rather skilled Rhardt last night I am looking forward to charging up and punching a Rhardt off some walls.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    After having my ass handed to me by a rather skilled Rhardt last night I am looking forward to charging up and punching a Rhardt off some walls.
    I'm not an experienced player at all, but it feels like shields are such an integrated part of the game and very important for tactics. If we start getting heroes that can punch right through those shields, does that not defeat the purpose of tanks altogether?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not an experienced player at all, but it feels like shields are such an integrated part of the game and very important for tactics. If we start getting heroes that can punch right through those shields, does that not defeat the purpose of tanks altogether?
    With dive being so popular, shields aren't a big deal. Most teams will just press past or through the them at this point because the have the mobility to do so.

With the inclusion on Orisa the complaint was that shields were everywhere and cancerous, now there is a solution to that.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    With the inclusion on Orisa the complaint was that shields were everywhere and cancerous, now there is a solution to that.
    It was a concern that never fruitioned, same as Sombra's stealth, Widowmaker dominating the game etc. Fixes a problem that doesn't exist, while exacerbating one that does.

depends. it's not like Doomfist is the first hero that can launch attacks through barriers. Hell I could swear I've seen rein sometimes plow through a block rein and pick up the blocker (nvm firestrike bypassing the barrier). Honestly the part about doomfist that has me worried is dropping on the point with his ult from across the map or using as an escape to regroup... not sure I saw a doomfist getting hurt while aiming that thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching videos of PTR Doomfist, his mobility seems insane.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Watching videos of PTR Doomfist, his mobility seems insane.
    Counts on the player, I watched Seagull and it looked fluid, then I watched other streamers and the movement looked like they were retarded.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    depends. it's not like Doomfist is the first hero that can launch attacks through barriers. Hell I could swear I've seen rein sometimes plow through a block rein and pick up the blocker (nvm firestrike bypassing the barrier). Honestly the part about doomfist that has me worried is dropping on the point with his ult from across the map or using as an escape to regroup... not sure I saw a doomfist getting hurt while aiming that thing.
    Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Zaryas shields make her immune to Rheins hammer damage but it still charges her weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    depends. it's not like Doomfist is the first hero that can launch attacks through barriers. Hell I could swear I've seen rein sometimes plow through a block rein and pick up the blocker (nvm firestrike bypassing the barrier).
    Firestrike bypassing barriers is a unique feature. Rein can Charge through barriers and grab people because barriers have never blocked melee damage/attacks.

I regularly punch Reinhardts to death through their shield when they're at like 10 health and think the shield will save them.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think Zaryas shields make her immune to Rheins hammer damage but it still charges her weapon.
    Zarya's shields aren't really "barriers", from what I can tell. They're more like a form of shield. They LOOK like barriers, but Fire Strike and melee hit her bubbles (unlike other barriers)

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Firestrike bypassing barriers is a unique feature. Rein can Charge through barriers and grab people because barriers have never blocked melee damage/attacks.
    Symmetra's alt fire bypass barriers ... so by definition, firestrike isn't "unique" in that regard.
    Orisa's orb goes through barriers, but as it doesn't damage itself, I don't count it.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2017-07-08 at 02:20 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code