Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    That is accurate. It is very much a "WoD"-like expansion. It does not really advance the central storyline, though you can expect 9.0 to return to it with a shift of focus toward all things "void."
    Should have been a MoP-like expansion with a new race and class. Pretty dumb to go from an expansion like Legion to an expansion like WoD, which was largely loathed. Another expansion like WoD has good chance of killing this game for good.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    You know I actually hope it is South Seas.

Would be nice to have another expansion like Mists personally. Where it's more of a break.
    TBF it wouldn't be much of a break. What with Azshara's whole empire and N'zoth likely finally coming to the fore. Though I do agree it'd be a nice change in setting for once.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    6.2 had suramar item, and demons.

5.4 had iron horde textures + iron star

Seems legit.
    Yo , what is that name of suramar item that was in 6.2?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Which can be brought into the game if Blizzard really wanted to.
    As a continent... which, at this point, is the only way that it'll be brought into the game.

Some of y'all acting like there's no chance they just don't do a custom mount animation for naga. Most of my actual humanoid characters clip through their saddles/seats on several mounts, I really just don't see what the problem is.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

naga new race ?
    ogre new race too ?
    naga being ally or like pandaran, choosing side ?
    hype ?

Quote Originally Posted by darebel View Post
    Yo , what is that name of suramar item that was in 6.2?
    Spellcloak of Suramar
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    Should have been a MoP-like expansion with a new race and class. Pretty dumb to go from an expansion like Legion to an expansion like WoD, which was largely loathed. Another expansion like WoD has good chance of killing this game for good.
    I partially agree in that I'm not at all looking forward to what I see as a pointless, naval-themed, side-story, filler expansion.

I am however looking forward to 9.0 and if WoD couldn't kill WoW already, I highly doubt another weak expac will. They seem to have at least gotten release pacing under control now, which is a major advantage over prior expacs.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    1) No.
    2) Maybe.
    3) 120... this was answered recently.

^

All of you are acting like the information we got here from "insiders" is anything but speculation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Let us not regard "leaks from an industry insider" as the truth and people "leaking" shouldn't claim they're the truth either as this is Blizzard and basically nothing is set in stone yet. This mistake has been made in well.. every previous hype thread. Whether the claims hold up to the announcement we'll have to see.

Even if this leak is bogus, the fact the Kul'Tiras stuff was leaked 5 weeks after the big "Naga Empire" expansion leak on Reddit makes it worthy enough to take with even more than a grain of salt, at least a whole bag of salt.
    And if it's indeed as gnome/Goblin heavy as the leak suggests, better make that a whole truckload of salt from the haters.

Either way, real or not, really fun to discuss!

- add to that, there was also:
    leaked map assets of Un'goro flooded with water
    Hearthstone expacs all being tied into this in some way (mean streets, old gods, un'goro, gnome v Goblins) maybe as hype building?
    All the naga foreshadowing in Broken isles

I'd say this is all becoming more and more plausible as reality.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2017-07-07 at 07:12 PM.

I partially agree in that I'm not at all looking forward to what I see as a pointless, naval-themed, side-story, filler expansion.

I am however looking forward to 9.0 and if WoD couldn't kill WoW already, I highly doubt another weak expac will. They seem to have at least gotten release pacing under control now, which is a major advantage over prior expacs.
    I wouldn't mind one vanilla-like expansion with no big bad guy and more focus on exploration.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Even if this leak is bogus, the fact the Kul'Tiras stuff was leaked 5 weeks after the big "Naga Empire" expansion leak on Reddit makes it worthy enough to take with even more than a grain of salt, at least a whole bag of salt.
    And if it's indeed as gnome/Goblin heavy as the leak suggests, better make that a whole truckload of salt from the haters.

Either way, real or not, really fun to discuss!
    Got link for that "leak" ?
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I wouldn't mind one vanilla-like expansion with no big bad guy and more focus on exploration.

Got link for that "leak" ?
    https://dvsgaming.org/world-of-warcr...ansion-leaked/

Some of it sounds.. heh.. "fishy" like naga as pandas 2.0, but look at the time this was "leaked" then look at when the Kul'Tiras stuff was datamined. It's either coincidental as heck or we've got some real leaks this time around.

Also WoD was leaked with faaarr less to go on than this. At this point I'm willing to bet on this

There was also this, posted before this datamine as well

The expansion leak (again):

•Kezan will be the first questing zone for Horde players. They will find it mostly in ruins and abandoned after the Cataclysm. Horde players will have to fight through the Isle and reconquer Undermine, making it their main city for the expansion.

•Undermine was also heavily considered to be the main neutral city, as seen in the last leaked email, but it was difficult for the team to think of another unused iconic Horde location to serve as theirs.

•Kul Tiras' peninsula will be the same but for Alliance players, beign Boralus their main city. Alliance players will also find the zone heavily damaged, and will have to defend the isles against a Naga assault, securing them once more for the Alliance.

•It is said that Jaina Proudmoore will most likely be the new leader of Kul Tiras, but the posibility of bringing Tandred Proudmoore to canon is also pointed out, though not well recived.

•Since Kul Tiras is formed by different islands, other zones are mentioned to be possible parts of the Horde's questing experience, such as the Lost Isles or the resurfaced Darkspear Islands, where we could meet one of Vol'Jin's sons as part of the quest chain, who would eventually take the mantle as leader of the Darkspear.

•Tanaris will have a new phase, like Theramore and Blasted Lands, featuring a Hearthstone-like Gazgetan, making it the main Neutral City for the expansion and the Capital of the Steamwheedle Cartel, since Undermine is now part of the Horde.

•It's beign discussed what would happen to the players hated by the Steamwheedle Cartel, and while some of the developers are thinking of making the new Gazgetan phase neutral to them anyways (thus ending also the posibility of players killing the city's NPCs), some of them are sugesting to let those players go to Plumber Isle, since Gazgetan isn't going to be a focal point of the Expansion unlike Dalaran in Legion.

•Kul Tiras and Kezan will allow the players to travel to the leveling zones and their Capitals (Stormwind, Orgrimmar, and Gazgetan/Plumber Isle), and will have a Shipyard like the one on WoD's Garrisons, where the players will command their faction's navy and send them to quests. The Shipyard and the main city will also have a campaign like the Legion's Class Hall ones.
    Last edited by Al Gorefiend; 2017-07-07 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    https://dvsgaming.org/world-of-warcr...ansion-leaked/

Some of it sounds.. heh.. "fishy" like naga as pandas 2.0, but look at the time this was "leaked" then look at when the Kul'Tiras stuff was datamined. It's either coincidental as heck or we've got some real leaks this time around.

Also WoD was leaked with faaarr less to go on than this. At this point I'm willing to bet on this
    Read it, not impressed at all. Hope its not right.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Some stuffs dumb, but the zones have appeal to me.

This "leak" is pretty underwhelming and featureless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post

^

All of you are acting like the information we got here from "insiders" is anything but speculation right now.
    Not gonna lie, I kinda look forward to you realizing that everything I'm saying is true. Buuuuut I'll probably forget you exist by then anyway, so who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not gonna lie, I kinda look forward to you realizing that everything I'm saying is true. Buuuuut I'll probably forget you exist by then anyway, so who cares?
    If, by some miracle, your shot in the dark turns out to be right then bravo, sir.
    Hey

10+ Year Old Account
    Cause people will believe some random on a Gaming forum with nothing but their word. Totes
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Well my only hope then is that the Tinker-faction will hide away until the next expansion "leaks".

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This "leak" is pretty underwhelming and featureless.
    - Another tank/dps class = awful
    - Naga as neutral playable race = awful
    - Cross-faction teaming = awful
    Crimea is Ukraine!