When will the next expansion be revealed?

Will it be at next blizzcon? and when that is?

Blizzcon for sure
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gamescon, with more fleshed out information at Blizzcon. Much the same as they did with Legion.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

10+ Year Old Account
    I bet Blizzcon.

Did they ever reveal an x-pack anywhere but Blizzcon?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Legion was announced at gamescom.
    I think Legion was special case because WoD 6.2 was really long and Blizzard was needed somehow to hype players before it was too late.

OP I also think it will be Blizzcon. I'm sure there will be another major patch after 7.3

Gamescom = Patch 7.3 information and teasers including (potential) announcement of its release date.
    Blizzcon = new expansion announcement.

Cannot disclose the source.
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

Gamescon is possible. They could also do 7.35 there instead (or both)

I'd bet on some big Blizzard announcement at Gamescon if not WoW, then another franchise (Diablo maybe)

Quote Originally Posted by Bodraw View Post
    Gamescom = Patch 7.3 information and teasers including (potential) announcement of its release date.
    Blizzcon = new expansion announcement.

Cannot disclose the source.
    Nah. Patch 7.3 will already have loads up on the PTR by the time Gamescom comes around (it'll probably be quite close to launch also going on their tight schdules this time around) so expansion reveal at Gamescom with more info to follow at BlizzCon. Much like how they did it with Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryia View Post
    Nah. Patch 7.3 will already have loads up on the PTR by the time Gamescom comes around (it'll probably be quite close to launch also going on their tight schdules this time around) so expansion reveal at Gamescom with more info to follow at BlizzCon. Much like how they did it with Legion.
    Why would they announce an expansion at Gamescom and not at Blizzcon? I don't understand. Surely Blizzcon is the logical and better place to do it at? Also, the information about 7.3 and what it encompasses hasn't been announced officially, has it? Only us MMO-Championeers know about its features...
    "There is no end to education. It is not that you read a book, pass an examination, and finish with education. The whole of life, from the moment you are born to the moment you die, is a process of learning." by Jiddu Krishnamurti, Philosopher and Educator

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Hmmm. I think Gamescom, I think they'll do the same as they did last blizzcon / gamescom which ended up being insanely good.

And Tom Chilton said they would look into doing it again so I'll hope for that! Which means we're 2 months away from a possible expansion reveal.

Everything from 7.3 except for cinematics will be revealed by then anyway. We already know what happens at the end of the 7.3 raid now.

Gamescom (August 22) - Patch 7.3 Trailer + Release date
    7.3 Release - August 29th
    Argus campaign leading up to Antorus begins - not absolute trash like Broken Shore
    Antorus launches somewhere between October 24th and Blizzcon, needs some time inbetween for the people to see the ending cinematic.
    Blizzcon - 8.0 announcement.

Yes the dates might seem off but they have to release things in that order before Blizzcon as they don't want to spoil the ending of Legion by revealing the expansion, and the expansion announcement is pretty much guaranteed. And no, datamining the dialogue and npc text doesn't mean everyone will look at it and it doesn't mean it's 100% correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep definetly will be Gamescom, same was happend with Legion.

Why would they announce an expansion at Gamescom and not at Blizzcon? I don't understand. Surely Blizzcon is the logical and better place to do it at? Also, the information about 7.3 and what it encompasses hasn't been announced officially, has it? Only us MMO-Championeers know about its features...
    They announced Legion at GamesCom, and usually because of time schedules. Also people who don't browse forums aren't likely to browse blizzard forums either, so if they don't know about stuff, they more than likely won't until it's released anyway (also, there's more than just MMO-C).

Gamescom is a worldwide convention. BlizzCon is more US focused. They can target players worldwide with Gamescom. It's a huge convention. Just as big as E3.

7.3 is coming August 30th or the first month of september [speculated]
    7.3.5 around blizzcon most likely..?
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Most people think Blizzcon. But logic tells me that it will be Gamescom:

1. Only thing left to reveal in Legion are 7.3.5 (which will be small patch) and maybe some 7.4 patch without raid tier.

2. Blizzard have 4+ games that will have spotlight on Blizzcon - 8.0 reveal would just got 15 minutes on opening ceremony (rest content is closed behind ticket, so it almost doesn't exist for most audience).

3. Legion reveal was desperate move, but it turned out great, we got solid 1 hour reveal and cinematic/pre-order/ton of new info on Blizzcon.

4. Simply - If they know major concept, started working on first zones and raids (and I'm sure they already working on next expac, at least art team, because Argus is done), then why not reveal it on Gamescom? There are literally 0 downsides.

5. Let's face it, next expac will launch around 1 year from reveal. If annoucement will happen around final tier launch - we will face 10+ content drought again.