Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    And nobody will point the finger at the animals living like animals killing each other like animals.
    Well you basically are the way you pointed that out, so your post negates the statement put forth in your post.

Here is another article from Rueter's about the shootings Chicago this weekend.

CHICAGO (Reuters) - A total of 101 people were shot in Chicago over an unusually violent Fourth of July weekend, leaving at least 14 dead, according to police and local media, as the city continues to grapple with gun crime.
    Police officials counted 71 shooting incidents and 14 murders between 6 p.m. CDT on Friday and early Wednesday, according to data provided by police spokesman Frank Giancamilli on Wednesday.
    The Chicago Tribune newspaper tallied the total number of victims shot in those incidents at 101 between Friday afternoon and early Wednesday. Police could not immediately provide the number of victims shot.
    Gangs were a major source of the violence, Chicago Police First Deputy Superintendent Kevin Navarro said at a news conference on Wednesday.
    Chicago police deployed 1,300 additional officers to patrol during the Fourth of July weekend, and had arrested 58 people on drug and gun charges ahead of the holiday in hopes of tamping down violence.
    The number of shootings, which police said surged during a six-hour period*on Monday night, was higher than in 2013, the last time the Fourth of July weekend spanned four days, when 74 people were shot, according to the Tribune.
    The weekend brought the total number of people shot in Chicago this year above 1,800, below the 2,035 recorded at this time last year when violence spiked sharply, the Tribune reported.
    The violence came less than a week after President Donald Trump tweeted that gun crime in Chicago had reached "epidemic proportions" and that he would be "sending in Federal help." *
    Attorney General Jeff Sessions later clarified that federal assistance for the city of 2.7 million will come in the form of the Chicago Crime Gun Strike Force, a collaboration between the police and the Department of Justice's Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF).
    Chicago's ongoing struggles with violence come amid an effort to reform its police department after a federal investigation found officers routinely violated citizens' civil rights and used excessive force and racially discriminatory conduct.
    The Rev. Michael Pfleger, an activist who heads a large African-American Catholic church in Chicago, said in an interview on Wednesday that more needs to be done to address underlying causes of violence such as unemployment, foreclosures, poverty and neighbourhood blight.
    "And people ask why I am flying the American flag upside down," he wrote on Facebook. "We are safer in Iraq."

http://af.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idAFKBN19Q2PO

I hate to say it, but it just sounds like it was another weekend in Chiraq

Chicago is basically ran by drug dealers and inner city thugs.... That is whats wrong...

Send the National Guard in there and lock up everyone tied to drugs/gangs and Chicago will be back to being fine. Untill then Chiraq will continue to be the murder capital of the United States..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Is it? They really made Navy pier nice.
    The Theater District is quite impressive as well.

But you know how these threads go -- People who have never visited the city will thrash it as if the whole place is about to come down.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    The Theater District is quite impressive as well.

But you know how these threads go -- People who have never visited the city will thrash it as if the whole place is about to come down.
    Murder rate speaks for itself.. Chicago is #1 in the US.......

but your part right Its like detroit where im from.. Right on the suburbs its all million dollar homes and small towns but everyone hears detroit they thing about the parts of detroit where you just don't go..... as a white man i was taught early in my teens you don't cross 8 mile..... because you cross 8 mile and it turns into drug dealers every corner and the cops don't care if you live or die... they know they have lost that part of the city... Whenever you hear about a shooting or anything Detroit related its almost always north of 8 mile... but the national media don't say that.

But still your city just like mine need to fix their shit....

Cycle of violence with gangs. One gang kills the brother of someone in other gang. Other gang kills brother of dude in one gang and they kill brother in that other gang in retaliation. etc etc.. They would use knives if they didn't have guns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Murder rate speaks for itself.. Chicago is #1 in the US.......

but your part right Its like detroit where im from.. Right on the suburbs its all million dollar homes and small towns but everyone hears detroit they thing about the parts of detroit where you just don't go..... as a white man i was taught early in my teens you don't cross 8 mile..... because you cross 8 mile and it turns into drug dealers every corner and the cops don't care if you live or die... they know they have lost that part of the city... Whenever you hear about a shooting or anything Detroit related its almost always north of 8 mile... but the national media don't say that.

But still your city just like mine need to fix their shit....
    Per Capita St. Louis is #1 and Chicago ranks #8 while your Detroit ranks #3.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...urder-in-2016/
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

#THANKSTRUMP ???!?!???

What do blacks have to lose by voting for Trump? I guess a president that doesn't care now that he's in office. To be fair, Trump has golfed 36 times since his inauguration so he may not have much time to spend focusing on dealing with this violence.

It seems everything in America is getting slightly worse under Trump
    Violence in Chicago has gotten slightly worse.
    Job growth rate has gotten slightly worse.
    Wage growth has gotten slightly worse to almost non-existent.
    First amendment is looking slightly more vulnerable.
    Civil discourse has gotten worse.
    The only thing that has gotten better is cable news ratings. YAY!?! I guess that's what happens when we elect someone who's political knowledge comes from fake news and right-wing talking points.

Quote Originally Posted by noipmahc-omm View Post
    No regulation is going to stop this. Regulation, if anything, will stop the guys shooting up theaters, churches, etc. Career criminals don't buy guns from the local gun store.
    No they get guns from people who buyed them from the local gun store and then failed to keep track of them or to secure them appropriately against theft because there are no regulations that require them to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noradin View Post
    No they get guns from people who buyed them from the local gun store and then failed to keep track of them or to secure them appropriately against theft because there are no regulations that require them to do so.
    There's also stories like this -- Oak Forest is about 25 minutes south of the city.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/40-guns-...pects/1929930/

Quote Originally Posted by Thwart View Post
    Your argument is the same as mine. Gun laws don't affect criminals - only the law abiding.
    That is only true for gun laws that are purposefully designed to not affect criminals.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by petej0 View Post
    You can organize and find the data you need if you card catalog the entire thing properly. Libraries have been doing this kind of thing for decades.
    You could, if you were fine with breaking the law to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    Conservatives will point the finger at liberal crime and management policies. Liberals will point the finger at conservative gun and drug policies. Finger-pointing won't resolve deeply rooted systemic issues. Chicago's problems will continue.

Film at 11.
    You just very clearly stated the reason why the Dems and the Pubs have to go.

They are both absolutist parties. They are: we are right! You are wrong!

They basically are like little children in as that they refuse to compromise, which is exactly why nothing ever gets fixed. You can't fix a problem by finger pointing at it.

*actually, they are worst than spoiled children, because I know some spoiled children that will actually compromise.

It is funny how all the American voters say they want "compromise" and "civility" and "working together."

Then they run out and vote for two parties that have never, ever demonstrated any of those attributes (and don't even pretend to anymore).

Most problems are solved best by some sort of compromise. The answer to most problems is never black and white it is usually in the grey area between.

That's why our problems never get solved, people vote for parties that are all "us vs them. " You just don't get compromises from "us vs. them" people.

As for the violence in Chicago. The police are undermanned and out gunned there. They need to send in the guard or pull in some really good professional police officers from other states or something- they need backup ASAP!

* I think the guard is the answer as I don't see many policeman volunteering to go help Chicago and get shot at.

It does no good debating the cause of this atm. We need to fix the problem and as things get under control and settle down- then we can start figuring out how to prevent it from happening again.

Trump has said he might send the guard. Everyday innocent lives are lost out there, so I hope he does it soon.

There's also stories like this -- Oak Forest is about 25 minutes south of the city.

http://abc7chicago.com/news/40-guns-...pects/1929930/
    Classic example of insufficiently secured firearms.
    Storing them like that should be illegal.

That is what I mean with "proper regulations would affect criminals".

Per Capita St. Louis is #1 and Chicago ranks #8 while your Detroit ranks #3.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...urder-in-2016/
    Makes one wonder when those city/state governments is going to take responsibility for fixing their own problems instead of pointing the finger at someone else.
    The cities we are talking about are St. Louis, Baltimore, Detroit, New Orleans, Cleveland, Newark, N.J., Memphis, Tenn., Chicago, Kansas City, Mo. and Atlanta. Those are the top ten in order.

And so then what are the statistics for the rest of the country for the weekend?

Because EVERY SINGLE TIME conservatives spooge themselves over how bad Chicago is, it normally doesn't even make it in the top 3 for most violent cities when you actually take a look at more than just Chicago itself.

Oh wait you mean conservatives being incredibly disingenuous over the topic of guns!? That would NEVER happen.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    And so then what are the statistics for the rest of the country for the weekend?

Because EVERY SINGLE TIME conservatives spooge themselves over how bad Chicago is, it normally doesn't even make it in the top 3 for most violent cities when you actually take a look at more than just Chicago itself.

Oh wait you mean conservatives being incredibly disingenuous over the topic of guns!? That would NEVER happen.
    Are saying a Rueters article is being disingenuous simply because made an article about a 100 people getting shot in Chicago over a holiday weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    Oh no, a city with a history of violence being violent? It's like when you give an abusive husband a restraining order, and they still come and kill the wife. You can't fix the pieces of shit, but you can stop future people from becoming pieces of shit (gun laws)
    Not when pieces of shit are actually in charge of the USD.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

I don't mind the focus on it since something is different in Chicago compared to the 2 other largest cities, LA and NYC, and it'd be interesting to figure out why. Chicago was decreasing in murders like those two, but at a lesser extent. Then last year the murder rate spiked hard and is doing so again this year. LA and NYC aren't really experiencing the same thing. It doesn't make Chicago a hellhole like people are trying to claim but there is something that needs to be changed.

10+ Year Old Account
    So were those guns obtained in Chicago illegally, or were they obtained elsewhere far more easily and then brought into Chicago?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.