Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    As with all other expansions, environment and enemies will be created with variety and not expectations in mind. see: Outland is not just a red planet, northrend is not just a snowy wasteland, broken isles is not only desert of corals and underwater stuff OR only a desert of black and green goo. Furthermore, notice how fel orcs just adapt the color of their skin to the theme of the environment they are in because of reasons.

That being said, I would like for the void to either be further fledged out or for us to get other enemies with more interesting motivations. I always prefer (and warcraft sorely lacks) complex enemies that are not just either good guys gone nuts or evil jackasses.
    Therein lies the problem with the Legion's end. Back when WoW first launched, you had a TON of story-threads to follow. It really made the world feel like it was fully fleshed-out.

However, after defeating faction after faction, enemy after enemy, we're really not left with much of anything. They've done a pretty admirable job of adding new wrinkles to the Lore with each expansion, but I think they're going to be pretty hard pressed to create something compelling enough to drive us forward, without boiling down to a single conflict, or story-lines that are completely irrelevant to where players started.

I dunno, I really don't envy the position that Blizzard's writers are in. With Kil'jaeden now officially dead, they've got a hard task ahead.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peskre View Post
    Is the void a thing in game or is it some new fancy thingy?
    It's been "a thing" in game since vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    It's been "a thing" in game since vanilla.
    Damn so I've missed it entirely for a decade.