Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

New Xal'atath Dialogue

Just wondering if you guys feel as though they're simply there to taunt or if there's much more meaning behind them. The last whisper seems particularly interesting which could reinforce what some consider a sure-bet that we'll be dealing with a Void-influenced expansion with Kul'Tiras and the Naga.

Xal'atath Blade of the Black Empire: Long have we sought entry to this realm! To think we have a mortal to thank for giving us our foothold. Your service will be remembered!
    Often times the blade will provide you with unrelated quips about certain events, races or mobs but it seems as though Xal'atath is now remarking about an ongoing plot with an ultimate end.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-07-07 at 08:14 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Of course there's meaning behind it. The Void Lord expansion is next.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    Of course there's meaning behind it. The Void Lord expansion is next.
    I highly doubt it is next. Just because we are heading in that direction doesn't mean it's next.

MoP 2.0 incoming !

i'm gonna miss my knaifu. i just wish shadow priest was a more fun class.

i'd love her insight during the fight against n'zoth next expansion.

I'd say they're talking about Argus.

First off, the Void Lords want to stop the Burning Legion, second because there's a World soul, so they would have some interest in gaining a foothold on Argus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is it possible that whatever remnants of Xal'atath can be removed and reformed in to a being of the void or is whatever left of her strictly tied to the blade?

I should probably read the book in the order hall.

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Is it possible that whatever remnants of Xal'atath can be removed and reformed in to a being of the void or is whatever left of her strictly tied to the blade?

I should probably read the book in the order hall.
    There is a theory that when we overwhelm our weapons with energy to seal Sargeras or do whatever it is we do to negate our artifact weapons going forward, that this enables Xal'atath to become a void creature as it once was (And, if the theories in the class hall tome are true, was an Old God herself), becoming an enemy in the next expansion.

Which I think would be pretty cool. Although the only reason I would say this is unlikely is I can't really see Blizzard making an entity a big villain that only one spec of one class really knew about.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    There is a theory that when we overwhelm our weapons with energy to seal Sargeras or do whatever it is we do to negate our artifact weapons going forward, that this enables Xal'atath to become a void creature as it once was (And, if the theories in the class hall tome are true, was an Old God herself), becoming an enemy in the next expansion.

Which I think would be pretty cool. Although the only reason I would say this is unlikely is I can't really see Blizzard making an entity a big villain that only one spec of one class really knew about.
    To be fair, only the DKs know that Bolvar is going coocoo for cocoa puffs up there in Northrend. Well, fire mages, maybe.
    Garrosh: "LOK'TAR! HAVE A HAMBURGER."

I am The Burning Legion - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    Often times the blade will provide you with unrelated quips about certain events, races or mobs but it seems as though Xal'atath is now remarking about an ongoing plot with an ultimate end.
    This isn't anything new. From the start she's had lines referencing the rising urgency of the war between the light and void.

Xal'atath whispers: Oh! You've gathered quite the group of followers. It is fortunate they are focused on this incursion and not the true war. The scope of it might destroy your minds. (netherlight)

Xal'atath whispers: The God of the Deep writhes in his prison, breaking free ever so slowly. You should hurry and defeat the fallen titan... there are greater battles yet to fight. (general chance)

Xal'atath whispers: Almost completely gone, as if it never existed. But the rift is deep and vast, and somewhere down there it stirs. Something has changed, the last prison weakens. We must prepare. (the void flower at the end of the EN raid)

Xal'atath whispers: This trifling skirmish is little more than a distraction. The true battle draws neigh as the circle nears completion.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    To be fair, only the DKs know that Bolvar is going coocoo for cocoa puffs up there in Northrend. Well, fire mages, maybe.
    Along with Varian and Jaina and Sylvanas and a slew of other main storyline characters. Also the Lich King is iconic as hell, and just general knowledge about him is pretty much expected. That and its easy to recall the events of Lich King in a way that I think is more generic and overarching and understandable than Xal'atath.

That being said, again, I really like the idea that Xal'atath becomes her/its old self and is like the final dungeon boss or part of the Void raid and hope that happens.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-07 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This isn't anything new. From the start she's had lines referencing the rising urgency of the war between the light and void.
    Something I blame myself for is playing without any game sound since I am usually listening to a stream or video and don't often respond to chat unless the bright green text of guild chat comes up. I've no doubt missed *a lot* of her whispers.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-07-07 at 11:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post

They'd be also kind of blaming the players for allowing that to happen.

Though I'd probably join that damn dagger if it gave me the choice, it has more and better lines of dialong than half of the characters of Legion.

They'd be also kind of blaming the players for allowing that to happen.
    I don't have a problem with that at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    I kind of have to ask a question within a question and that is how are Shadow Priests allowed to even exist on Azeroth? The Void can be exploited (or rather, the Void can exploit Shadow) for assistance but the end game of the Void is to essentially corrupt and consume all that is good and yet no one really seems to have a problem that we carry around Xal'atath, shift in to the void, use shadow magic and spawn creatures of the void. All without truly going mad which is probably the biggest indication of how far gone Shadow Priests really are an why they're easily some of the most evil folk on Azeroth.

Even when we obtain our class mount Magni, who is now in commune with Azeroth, says:

She knew it wouldn't be long before the void o'ertook this chamber. She knew who would protect these creatures an'use 'em in service of the Light.
    As I stand as a Shadow Priest to which none of them seem to mind. This is probably just one of those things which is more humorous than anything though.

nobody minds because you're a master at wielding the void in relative safety.

if there's anyone there that can help with the void encroachment, it's you.