Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Wooot, looks like there's potential for a 3rd burning legion expansion somewhere in the far future, the return of Sargeras

Oh my god, so much lore. This is ridiculous and I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Poysonivy View Post
    So much dialog. Is that perhaps the influence of Christie Golden?
    I would think so, but whoever it was, it's amazing!

Azeroth, she is not dead!
    Voice of Amanthul: Return home, children of Azeroth. Protect the final titan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlink View Post
    Wasn't exactly looking forward to this kind of ending to Legion, next expansion better be Old God related
    Old gods were created by the void, so yeah eventually. I hope we see the creation world of the old gods, would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Alopex View Post
    Sacrificing yourself to "imprison" the big bad evil guy has worked SO WELL in every other Blizzard game, including the Warcraft series.

Taking bets on how many expansions until it breaks.
    Agreed. What a lame overused way to progress the story.

15+ Year Old Account
    Varimathras taunts Alliance
    Varimathras: So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
    Varimathras: When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the true darkness closing in around you.

Varimathras taunts Horde
    Varimathras: So, she found me at last. Sent her underlings to finish the job.
    Varimathras: Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the darkness in your midst.

I actually wanted to trust Sylvannas for once, and I don't even like her. Oh well, back to the usual business.

Watch we fight void lords 2 expansions from now...and we have to go get Sargeras from his prison and free him because he was just misunderstood, and he sacrifices himself to lock away the void lords and illidan was the bad guy all along...again.That's like, an m night shyamalan twist...you know, garbage.

I want to like this story line, I really do. It just seems kinda...stupid.

So artifact knowledge looks to be coming back again, capped to 50. Not a fan.

Hmm, this Alleria Void-Touched stuff has me thinking...

What if this is a new Artifact-type thing. Players in 8.0 gain knowledge of the void and use it to infuse their abilities and change how they play. They could also do the same with the light, if needed, to vary things more. This would allow Artifact Weapons to be "retired," but them to keep some form of "endless progression" at cap, and it's something that thematically fits the expac if it's old-god related. This could be the first hintings of something like this, and I think it'd be really an interesting concept, in using the Void as a weapon itself.

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    Hmm, this Alleria Void-Touched stuff has me thinking...

What if this is a new Artifact-type thing. Players in 8.0 gain knowledge of the void and use it to infuse their abilities and change how they play. They could also do the same with the light, if needed, to vary things more. This would allow Artifact Weapons to be "retired," but them to keep some form of "endless progression" at cap, and it's something that thematically fits the expac if it's old-god related. This could be the first hintings of something like this, and I think it'd be really an interesting concept, in using the Void as a weapon itself.
    As someone before said, it can suggest a new class in 8.0. Void Hunter or something?

OT: Interesting take on Xe'ra. Not so perfect being it seems, she punished Alleria, lol.
    This also got me thinking... there is so much in this text about the naaru turning into the void. I have a really really strange feeling that Xe'ra is in fact void naaru, pulling the strings and manipulating things to enslave Sargeras and the titan souls so that the void is free to conquer all - right now Sargeras is their only threat, and by the looks of it we are taking care of it entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    As someone before said, it can suggest a new class in 8.0. Void Hunter or something?

OT: Interesting take on Xe'ra. Not so perfect being it seems, she punished Alleria, lol.
    This also got me thinking... there is so much in this text about the naaru turning into the void. I have a really really strange feeling that Xe'ra is in fact void naaru, pulling the strings and manipulating things to enslave Sargeras and the titan souls so that the void is free to conquer all - right now Sargeras is their only threat, and by the looks of it we are taking care of it entirely.
    How different would a "Dark Ranger" class be from a Hunter? Wouldn't it fit more as a 4th spec? How would you make 2-3 unique and fully defined specs for something that is just essentially a Hunter who uses Void-themed abilities. Wouldn't this be better suited as what I brought up, as if it were added in a Class, it'd be 50%-75% Hunter, and 25% Shadow Priest abilities, and if it were a 4th Spec for Hunters, wouldn't you 'need' 3rd/4th Specs for all other Classes except Druid to balance it out?

I don't see Dark Ranger as a thing, unless Blizzard wants to add 12 new Specs to the game, and I worry about class balance if they do.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    Class changes, new mounts, armor sets, set bonuses, achievements, etc etc... ok those are fine - but is it really necessary to post text conversation lines that contain potential HUGE lore spoilers from the @#$@#$ PTR? I mean really? AT least hide it with spoiler tags (as in you need to CLICK on something to UNHIDE it)...this is a bit beyond reasonable data mining imo.
    I don't know how you've been here so long yet you have a problem with spoilers. Shit MMO-C already cut back their leaks and spoilers significantly from what they were pre Cata launch. No ones forcing you to read it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Österreich or Austria for the english speaking
    well played hearthstone team ^^ no deathknight class a but all classes get to be sorta deathknights.

Deleted
    "Spoilers ahead!" should be turned into "Biggest Lore spoilers ever ahead!!" :P

Kil'Jaeden isn't dead? Or it is a memory? Or what?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Class changes, new mounts, armor sets, set bonuses, achievements, etc etc... ok those are fine - but is it really necessary to post text conversation lines that contain potential HUGE lore spoilers from the @#$@#$ PTR? I mean really? AT least hide it with spoiler tags (as in you need to CLICK on something to UNHIDE it)...this is a bit beyond reasonable data mining imo.
    Exactly the one time the datamining as destroyed the most momentous turn in the WoW universe..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totterbart View Post
    "Spoilers ahead!" should be turned into "Biggest Lore spoilers ever ahead!!" :P
    Yeah has me stumped why MMOChamp would show such a major lore spoiler.. They have pretty much destroyed the surprise forever more, as once seen it can not be unseen..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    You're on a site specifically crated to post datamined stuff. Which always baffled me when people like you complain about said datamining. You also didn't have to read any of it...

You want mystery in WoW? Stop coming to sites like this.
    Well the thing is there is datamining and then there is "hey guys lets screw with our readers and spoil the surprise for what is a major turning point in the game.."

Deleted
    "Varimathras: So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one."
    "This one shows promise. The whispers lure her toward her fate."
    "The caterpillar has become the butterfly. She is all but ours now."

Are that quotes about Alleria or... Jaina?

"Illidan Stormrage: I will not be touched by rabble such as you." LOL

Silgyrn and Liadrin - that one is interesting. Not only from the relationship pov. It could hint that Nightborne might join Horde in the future

"Magni Bronzebeard: The titans can sever that connection... but not here. They need ta bring the soul o' Argus ta their place o' power" - where are you now, you who called people dumb for believing that Argus had a soul and is not a placeholder for Sargeras?

I'm actually happy with the ending of Illidan and Titans (apart from Azeroth of course). Unless it fails 3 expansions later and we're back to it ;_;

Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    How different would a "Dark Ranger" class be from a Hunter? Wouldn't it fit more as a 4th spec? How would you make 2-3 unique and fully defined specs for something that is just essentially a Hunter who uses Void-themed abilities. Wouldn't this be better suited as what I brought up, as if it were added in a Class, it'd be 50%-75% Hunter, and 25% Shadow Priest abilities, and if it were a 4th Spec for Hunters, wouldn't you 'need' 3rd/4th Specs for all other Classes except Druid to balance it out?

I don't see Dark Ranger as a thing, unless Blizzard wants to add 12 new Specs to the game, and I worry about class balance if they do.
    First, i didnt say dark ranger, i said void hunter. Big difference.
    Second, just because there is a hunter in the name doesnt mean it has to be ranged and use ranged weapons, see: demon hunter.

IMO they should bring shadow priests to their core, using SHADOW and not VOID. Then we have an entire school of magic and abilities for a new, void class. I could also see ethereals being a new race, where you get to choose your faction later, like pandaren.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adi91 View Post
    Kil'Jaeden isn't dead? Or it is a memory? Or what?
    It's from the cutscene that plays when we reach Argus I think. We have datamined model for young Velen for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    "Magni Bronzebeard: The titans can sever that connection... but not here. They need ta bring the soul o' Argus ta their place o' power" - where are you now, you who called people dumb for believing that Argus had a soul and is not a placeholder for Sargeras?
    Do you really need to be a dick about that? So some speculation was wrong. Big whoop. It happens literally all the time. You don't need to get so high-and-mighty about it.

- - - Updated - - -

You got your spoiler warning and it's not difficult to scroll past it without reading even a single word. I don't know why you think anything else is necessary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tisane View Post
    Wooot, looks like there's potential for a 3rd burning legion expansion somewhere in the far future, the return of Sargeras
    Oh yeah, I'm so excited to shell out another $60 for another vapid expansion full of characterless enemies and green ooze around every corner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    "Varimathras: So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one."
    "This one shows promise. The whispers lure her toward her fate."
    "The caterpillar has become the butterfly. She is all but ours now."

Are that quotes about Alleria or... Jaina?

"Illidan Stormrage: I will not be touched by rabble such as you." LOL

Silgyrn and Liadrin - that one is interesting. Not only from the relationship pov. It could hint that Nightborne might join Horde in the future

I'm actually happy with the ending of Illidan and Titans (apart from Azeroth of course). Unless it fails 3 expansions later and we're back to it ;_;
    It's quite clearly Sylvanas. Varimathras was once working under her remember?

I was really hoping she was going to become a complex anti-hero for once but I guess Blizzard just can't seem to stop corrupting major lore figures.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)