Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Does Kil'jaeden's death mean anything for the Lich King?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Does Kil'jaeden's death mean anything for the Lich King?
    Ner'zhul was the one tortured and torn to pieces by Kil'jaeden, not Bolvar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Ner'zhul was the one tortured and torn to pieces by Kil'jaeden, not Bolvar.
    Yes, but wasn't the Throne and the helm forged by Kil'jaeden? So I was wondering if there was some power still left there, which kept the entity Lich King (whoever that was at the moment) somehow in check, even if not completely controlled anymore, after Ner'zhul broke 'free'.
    So now that the creator of that jail of ice is dead, would it mean anything for that jail of ice?

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I know the reason is because villains are dumb in games and game devs need them to be defeatable, but if I'm a demon that can only really be killed in the Nether then I'm going to avoid having any conflict in the Twisting Nether...
    unless your power is at its maximum in said place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalay View Post
    Yes, but wasn't the Throne and the helm forged by Kil'jaeden? So I was wondering if there was some power still left there, which kept the entity Lich King (whoever that was at the moment) somehow in check, even if not completely controlled anymore, after Ner'zhul broke 'free'.
    So now that the creator of that jail of ice is dead, would it mean anything for that jail of ice?
    I don't think so. Kil'jaeden may have created the Lich King by crafting the Frozen Throne and abusing Ner'zhul to death but nothing ever suggested a connection between the continued existence of Kil'jaeden's creation with the one of Kil'jaeden himself.

And Ner'zhul was never literally controlled, he was physically confined within an ice block and the Dreadlords kept a careful eye on him. Other than that, the Lich King had an enough free mind to effectively plot the downfall of the Legion in WC3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Velen was just giving him peace before he went.
    This. Notice the change of his facial expression after the touch.

That said, I'm not really sure why KJ truly died in the Great Dark above Argus. Or why Rakeesh truly died in the Exodar. Or why Archimonde truly died on the non-corrupted Draenor...
    Last edited by Trollokdamus; 2017-07-08 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    This. Notice the change of his facial expression after the touch.

That said, I'm not really sure why KJ truly died in the Great Dark above Argus. Or why Rakeesh truly died in the Exodar. Or why Archimonde truly died on the non-corrupted Draenor...
    Archimonde was explained a few times and it's that the mythic kill is the canon kill, the cinematic just doesn't reflect that because it was for all difficulties. He dies in the nether, and is dead.

more evidence he might not be dead.

the lightforged draenei you do quests for says "they will return in time" when you turn in a quest for killing demons.

so... apparently fel saturation is now retconned and cannot permanently kill demons, which means it's even less likely that archimonde is dead.

Deleted
    I think since the revelation of the Argus world soul being used to fuel Sargeras' infinite army demons are absolutely immortal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    "Kil'jaeden yells: Insolent mortals! Your fate was sealed the moment you stepped into the Nether!"

So don't beat the dead horse.
    No one ever stays dead in WoW since there are 10000 ways to bring them back.

Pick between:

1: Undead/reanimated KJ
    2: Different time line KJ
    3: Different dimension KJ
    4: Ghost of KJ
    5: This was just a setback mana-starved KJ
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Maxweii View Post
    Archimonde was explained a few times and it's that the mythic kill is the canon kill, the cinematic just doesn't reflect that because it was for all difficulties. He dies in the nether, and is dead.
    Could you please show me where it was explained? It's kinda hard to believe that they would make a cinematic and then say it's non-canon. Besides, if he really died in the Nether, who then forced Gul'dan through the portal, destroying it in the process?

I think if Archimonde is dead... They are capable of killing him off, but it's a hazy thing to commit to it until we either see Mythic Kil'Jaeden kill (since Nighthold had a change, it may have the same feels) or Blizzard confirm it as legit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    No one ever stays dead in WoW since there are 10000 ways to bring them back.

Pick between:

1: Undead/reanimated KJ
    2: Different time line KJ
    3: Different dimension KJ
    4: Ghost of KJ
    5: This was just a setback mana-starved KJ
    He could do a Lothraxion, be reborn into a Light, sparkly one!

I would assume that Argus is in the TN by all means.

That portal is just a wormhole between two locations, in this case Azeroth and Argus in the TN. Every demon killed there will stay dead.

I wish that were true. Gotta kill him every week for months.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I wish that were true. Gotta kill him every week for months.
    Gameplay ≠ Lore.

You really think we are now strong enough lorewise to 1 shot the Lich King if we fight him now just because we can go to ICC and do it?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Trollokdamus View Post
    Could you please show me where it was explained? It's kinda hard to believe that they would make a cinematic and then say it's non-canon. Besides, if he really died in the Nether, who then forced Gul'dan through the portal, destroying it in the process?
    This is why I don't think Mythic Archi was canon, and I don't recall blizzard ever claiming it was. It would make zero sense in the events that lead to WoD and now Legion if Archimonde died in the TN.

Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    This is why I don't think Mythic Archi was canon, and I don't recall blizzard ever claiming it was. It would make zero sense in the events that lead to WoD and now Legion if Archimonde died in the TN.
    I think in a Blue Post they said they could go either way. This was before Legion.

During Legion however I'm 50/50 sure that in one of the class order hall questlines KJ says that Archimonde is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I know the reason is because villains are dumb in games and game devs need them to be defeatable, but if I'm a demon that can only really be killed in the Nether then I'm going to avoid having any conflict in the Twisting Nether...
    My understanding, my thoughts, were that demons were like elementals in this way. In the Nether they're the most vulnerable, but also the most powerful. Take Ragnaros in both Molten Core and Firelands, power wise, ignore gameplay for lore. He was stronger in Firelands because that was his home.

Archimonde did the same thing. We were beating him at the Black Gate so he pulled everyone into the nether to increase his power to try to win, but it backfired on him because even with that boost he still lost.

Or maybe like the Avatar State from Avatar the Last Airbender. Gives you major power increase, but if you die it's permanent, no reincarnation for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thought it was kinda obvious he was dead. But I guess it does feel a little weird. Same with Archimonde. And many other prominent characters like him, I guess.

How many such villains from WC3 are still even alive? Not many, especially after this expansion, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiro Tagachi View Post
    Rip in peace KJ.
    Rest in Piece in piece?

Sorry, a pet peeve.
    Last edited by Santti; 2017-07-08 at 09:38 PM.

Well yeah. We killed him in the Twisting Nether. What more is there to discuss?

Just like Ragnaros and Al'Akir are dead because they were killed in their elemental planes.