Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Even if you continue with T19 4 set and 2 set T20, its still great dps tbh. Ye sure T20 4 set sims better and all that, but ive noticed if i just continue raiding with t19 4 set and 2 set ToS, it works just fine, i still have some logs in hc/normal i cannot beat with T20. Just shows how good T19 was / is I guess

Still waiting for the ring legendary (new one), that would make my day

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Am I the only one who likes this? Actually having to think about your gear instead of just "hurr durr it's a higher ilevel therefore must be better".
    How much thought actually goes into inputting an item into simcraft/raidbots/AMR(lul) to see if it's an upgrade? The current situation is the exact opposite of variety: having to wear 2 pieces of gear you've worn for months already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    How much thought actually goes into inputting an item into simcraft/raidbots/AMR(lul) to see if it's an upgrade? The current situation is the exact opposite of variety: having to wear 2 pieces of gear you've worn for months already.
    Even worse, needed to put on a 890 T19 helm where I would otherwise wear a 920 nonset and wear 890 T20 legs from LFR over 910 ones, cause it's still more dps.

Atm I have an equipped ilvl of 917,8 while my bag ilvl is 925,5. That's a huge difference and people who are not using raidbots/simc as extensive can easily fall into noobtraps here.

On the one hand I like this min/maxing and finding the best gear, on the other hand, it comes down to just putting everything into raidbots and see which is the best combo everytime you get a new item, which is slightly annoying.
    Even though ilvl shouldn't be the only indicator of an item being better or worse, we get some extreme situations atm.
    Be it Setboni (t19 pc), Rings (got a 930 ring, which ja worse than a 895 one) or trinkets (arcano crystal says "hi"). There are many item slots where it is not really obvious which is the best choice at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    Even worse, needed to put on a 890 T19 helm where I would otherwise wear a 920 nonset and wear 890 T20 legs from LFR over 910 ones, cause it's still more dps.
    Out of curiosity, could you use that calculator I linked a few posts ago and mention what is the % difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    more than it is to look at ilevel and then put it on, like did you even think about what you wrote before you posted?

Deleted
    yay got the huntsman ring, fun for BM and MM, I am not settled

Still have to farm some NH for better T19 pieces I guess, I believe you need at least +70 ilvl offpieces to beat T19 2 set (for bm)

not going to happen this tier!

Greetz

Quote Originally Posted by Zuuda View Post
    Out of curiosity, could you use that calculator I linked a few posts ago and mention what is the % difference?
    T19 Helm with socket (+gaining 2pc Bonus) vs 920 Crit-Mastery Helm is around 3,2% dps increase for me (1.069.169 vs 1.036.314)

DPS increase from the 920 Helm (using statweights in pawn) compared to the T19 helm should be around 24,3k, so in total the 2pc setbonus is worth around 57,2k dps or around 5,6%

The other T19 piece I wear are the gloves, but I would wear them even if I didn't use the T19 2pc bonus, since they are 910 with good stats and I don't have anything better on that slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    more than it is to look at ilevel and then put it on, like did you even think about what you wrote before you posted?
    I'm apparently putting more thought into my posts than you are, as gearing in terms of damage hasn't been "oh it's higher ilevel it must be better" at any point in this expansion nor is it even the argument being made. The argument that is being made is that it's stupid when you get a 15-20 higher ilevel piece that you can't even equip because of t19 2set. And I'll also go out on a limb and assume you haven't done Mythic Sisters or beyond with the one-shot mechanics where actually being able to wear higher ilevel pieces that can make a life and death difference while also doing good damage WOULD BE A GOOD THING.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshuaNLG View Post
    Pretty much, unless they nerf the t19 2 set, 4set+2set is the superior combo, i truly hope the t19 2set gets nerfed and we're compensated elsewhere, a previous tier set shouldn't be relevant for progressive DPS.
    Do not ever say that, they will nerf t19 and we are not going to gaing any buff from nothing.. Thats blizzard logic..

I use
    T19: Chest 925, Head 900.
    T20: Shoulder 915 Socketed, Cloak 915, Legs 900, Gloves 915.

I'm still using 4pc t19 with 2pc t20. I only have mythic t20 head, all other pieces are 900 normals so until I get a few more mythic pieces I can't use 4pc t20 with 2pc t19.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/repo...DP86JN9Lku2JTQ

Just tweeted WarcraftDevs/WatcherDev about this, hoping for answer. Can't post link(blocked at work), but posted by @Renley_8 if anyone wants to chime in/bring awareness. I'm really not a fan of potentially being stuck with old tier/gear for progression.

7+ Year Old Account
    So here is what i see with my gear. last week running ToS normal , i had shoulders/belt with 2p T19 and 2pt20 ilvl around 915ish. running Frenzy build. pulled decent numbers. i got the new ring last week and started to look at the stomp build.

Now i use the belt/new ring. and stomp..i.e no frenzy... I had 2p t19 and 2pt20 to start with, toward the end of ToS normal i happen get 4pt20, but my ilvl drops with all the gear swap.. i currently have 2pT19 and 4pT20 still pulling good numbers, much better on any fight with even the fewest of adds. and on trash its a big help..

I am thinking of just trashing the 2pT19 and replacing those items with better stat gear. going to keep running this and doing some more testing, but seems the t19 once u get 4pT20 is just oldnews..... at least for BM .

I will also see how Heroic does as tonight we will be running the 1st 3-5 bosses in ToS heroic.

i use Icy's BM ratios to determine if gear is upgrade. time will tell.

Use raidbots.com to sim yourself.

2pc t19 is worth about 40-45ilvl, so unless you have vastly lower ilvl t19 pieces that what you can replace them with, you should be keeping 2pc 19 and 4pc 20 for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by xcess View Post
    Most of the people still running nighthold are pretty bad too
    Yeah... Trying to gear up my hunter and it's pretty bad. During NH: enter normal pug with 880 monk, everything smooth and fine. Now: Enter normal NH pug with 890 hunter, every single group disbands at trillax or spellblade. As if people suddenly forgot what these bosses were about because TOS opened.

I don't envy those who pug mythic NH for their gear...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    Use raidbots.com to sim yourself.

2pc t19 is worth about 40-45ilvl, so unless you have vastly lower ilvl t19 pieces that what you can replace them with, you should be keeping 2pc 19 and 4pc 20 for a long time.
    thanks for the tip.