10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Unrelated to the South Seas, but semi-related to future content. I think they may be setting up this stuff with Alleria as a future class. A Voidmancer of some kind.
    Or maybe 4th spec. I can't really see Alleria being anything other than hunter.

An expansion concept based on K'aresh
    #TeamK'aresh #TeamWorldRevamp

I want to add some clarification myself because I'm seeing this a lot.

The Chronicle didn't make the old gods less powerful. All it did was establish that there is an even greater power in which they originated. The old gods remained the same, and there are even still more of them out in the universe.

They've been called "just a parasite", but you could call Sargeras "just a shard of Light." Even Cthulhu himself is "just a High Priest", but he had the whole mythos named after him and is usually the go-to comparison of eldritch horrors. If anything, this makes the old gods closer to Cthulhu, being the servant of an even more unknowable foe.

I can understand that making it feel like the old gods specifically are less interesting, but what I thought was their appeal, the unknowable enemy from beyond what we can comprehend, still exists. The Void Lords aren't more mundane or less of a threat.

N'Zoth also is the "least powerful" of the old gods, but that's still relative. There are two things to consider with that in mind.
    1) Every old god we have fought so far has had its power suppressed, so N'Zoth should still, theoretically, look more powerful than them if he escapes.
    2) Power isn't everything. N'Zoth has been a lot more successful being subtle, clever, and patient, than just trying to blow everything up.

N'Zoth as a main antagonist in an aquatic expansion may not be strictly more dangerous than confronting Sargeras in a one-on-one fight, but that doesn't even come close to making it not a threat to us.
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-07-08 at 01:12 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Unrelated to the South Seas, but semi-related to future content. I think they may be setting up this stuff with Alleria as a future class. A Voidmancer of some kind.

Edit: Other interesting idea

What if Kul'Tiras is only a bit of what we get.

What if we also get revamped things around it, like Tol Borad, Gilneas, etc. Makes lots of sense given Jaina and Genn's current temperaments toward the Horde/Sylvanas.
    I get that impression aswell. As much as i like tinker, that seems to be setting up a shadow hunter of some form.

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    I was thinking that as well. I doubt we'll get a 4th spec pass on every class, especially after Demon Hunter only got two and other classes have had trouble with an intention to make their third more viable, but I think it could still happen in a limited way.

A lot of people have brought up Dark Ranger, and while I see Dark Ranger as distinct enough from hunter to have its own abilities, it feels like something that would hard to make even two specs out of. In other words, I think it could be playable, but it might have to be limited to a spec for hunter rather than a full class.

So in other, other words, I think we could see a few new specs added that have a distinct enough feel, and probably tied to something in the lore (even if it's put in at the last second like the lore for the race/class combinations in Cataclysm). In fact, the race/class combinations for Cataclysm might be a good comparison of what I'm thinking, something that's very explicitly not going to be for everyone, but an interesting new feature for who it does affect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by videotape View Post
    To summarize what I know from a direct Blizzard source:
    No. Definitely no.

No, but there are subraces. I don't have much more information than that, other than the fact that Nightfallen are one of them.

That is accurate. It is very much a "WoD"-like expansion. It does not really advance the central storyline, though you can expect 9.0 to return to it with a shift of focus toward all things "void."
    Dude... seriously, if you really have an insider info, tell us things we don't know.

Let us know wich zones will be in the xpac? What is the plot? What will the first raids be? what will be the central hub?

Dam, no return of the Lich king expansion? That thread went on for 40+ something pages, for sure I thought it was legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Its a long wait till Blizzcon. FeelsBadMan

Get yo ass (slowly) ready for map datamining.
    Well... with everything leaked, from the final raid revelations to kul'tiras in the next expansion i'm starting to think they will reveal it at Gamescom again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    So far not a single fan idea/concept has been used. What makes anyone think that'll change now?

It's been 13 years and 6 expansions, and not a single time has it happened or come close, so it's highly unlikely.
    Wasn't there a post predicting Worgen, practically play by play, ages before Cataclysm? It's been years now, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Wasn't there a post predicting Worgen, practically play by play, ages before Cataclysm? It's been years now, so my memory is a bit fuzzy.
    There was something about Worgen and Goblins being playable races and I believe at the time I thought it crazy(Along with others). Well here we are now with Worgen being available since Cata. Also people disbelieved flying in Old Azeroth and that became a thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Azalar View Post
    Well, if we're eventually gonna face the Void, we will need some void hunters? aren't we? Here! I'm calling it, Void Hunters new class for 8.0 =))

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post

Kul'Tiras map?
    It is Kul'Tiras and that BelluarGaming https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJLFVvirsUM&t=334s going on the strength of the Kul'Tiras outfit that has that map on it and a couple of lines from Il'gynoth he speculates that Jaina may now be serving an old god after what happened to Theramore.. And as such because she is from Kul'Tiras this could be the next xpac..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Well, maybe they even planned that? We don't know. I think WoD was rather a rush job than a well thought out expansion. They needed some kind of prequel for Legion and well, WoD was just the prolonged Pre-Patch of the Legion expansion...

- - - Updated - - -

Where is this picture from? This rather would look like the South Sea region instead of just Kul'tiras.
    Well the interesting part of this video is he speaks of where Kul'Tiras is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJLFVvirsUM&t=334s and that it is near the Isle of Tol Barad and that the kingdom of Kul'Tiras ruled over that island and also that Kul'Tiras is supposedly off the coast between between Lorderon and Stormwind..

Just because we saw a picture of a freaking kul tiras belt on the front page doesn't mean we're going to have an expansion about them

This is the perfect expansion for... wait for it... PLAYABLE OGRES! Boom! Horde Juggernauts!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullet1519 View Post
    Seems likely that it'll be a Naga based expansion since we know we need to deal the N'zoth soon, before we move on to the Void Lords, and we know that Azshara is up to something in the Tomb.
    i'd say old gods rather than solely naga. but yeah "the depths" seems to be a good bet
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Dude... seriously, if you really have an insider info, tell us things we don't know.

Let us know wich zones will be in the xpac? What is the plot? What will the first raids be? what will be the central hub?
    You don't "know" anything though. I'm confirming what I DO know. Half of the shit here is not true.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post
    Yes, during Vanilla when people were trying to guess the Alliance race of TBC, someone posted "speculation" of playable Worgen from Gilneas on the old forums. In retrospect, it looked suspiciously like a Blizzard employee testing the waters for the future.

You don't "know" anything though. I'm confirming what I DO know. Half of the shit here is not true.
    I'm curious about your claim about it being a "filler" expansion, like WoD. What leads you to believe that?
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2017-07-08 at 03:32 AM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Assuming that's the truth, people can't go on your word alone.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think it will be south seas themed. like that might be a part of it.

but i expect it will be more old gods themed
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    I'm curious about your claim about it being a "filler" expansion, like WoD. What leads you to believe that?
    Because I was told as much. More generally I was told that would be the pattern moving forward: every other release will advance the storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Assuming that's the truth, people can't go on your word alone.
    I understand that, and I understand the skepticism. I am not insisting that anyone believe me, but keep in mind that literally everything you read here is also just someone else's word if not pure speculation. I do have a direct source within Blizzard, and jokes aside, anything I've posted here is true.

It's not as ground-breaking as some of the assholes here would hope for. It's not something you can verify until they announce it. It's not something you have to believe. It is kind of shitty that I come here trying to share what legitimate information I have, and it is met almost uniformly with not just skepticism (which I can totally understand) but also vitriol. Kek. This fucking community.

I think it will be a South Seas*Expansion... there's a lot of breadcrumbs left by Blizz. Old Gods is the logical progression considering the story so far.