should i sell my used video card?

so i got a msi r9 390 gaming 8gb video card...i see its going for 275-350 on ebay and i got it for cheaper lmao. Should i take advantage and sell it now even thought i wont have a video card. I was planning on building a completely new pc in late august early sept (waiting to see how vega turns out, if nvidia shows 11 series and for intel shows 8 series). or should i just sell it now and put the difference in money on a 1080 ti or 1080 and keep it brand new until i build my new pc or what you guys think????
    Last edited by ali725; 2017-07-07 at 11:40 PM.

Is your 390 underperforming? What is your cpu and ram? If you do sell it, just get a 1080ti, newer gpus will be shiny and new but there's no point in always having the newest pc parts if they don't perform that much better.
    Intel 7700K l Asrock Z270 Taichi l Corsair H115i Pro l G.SKill Trident Z 3200Mhz l EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 l NZXT S340 Elite l EVGA G2 650W PSU

Quote Originally Posted by Banthare View Post
    Is your 390 underperforming? What is your cpu and ram? If you do sell it, just get a 1080ti, newer gpus will be shiny and new but there's no point in always having the newest pc parts if they don't perform that much better.
    Not under performing or something like that. I got i5-2500k and 8gb ram (maybe ddr2 or 3 don't remember). I just want to take advantage of this gpu mining fiasco.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wont be able to play anything but perhaps something MOBA at lowest settings with the igpu of your CPU

So if you can live with that. Go for it. You will make a buck and it feels somewhat unlikely that the GPU shortage will continue for that much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    You wont be able to play anything but perhaps something MOBA at lowest settings with the igpu of your CPU

So if you can live with that. Go for it. You will make a buck and it feels somewhat unlikely that the GPU shortage will continue for that much longer.
    i played WoW on lowest settings b4 with my intergrated so wasnt so bad

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to sound like Rick from Pawnstars here... but...

"That's what they are asking for. People can ask for any amount they want. What are they actually selling for?"

You might not be able to get that $275 / $300... so might all be a moot point.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    I'm going to sound like Rick from Pawnstars here... but...

"That's what they are asking for. People can ask for any amount they want. What are they actually selling for?"

You might not be able to get that $275 / $300... so might all be a moot point.
    i looked at sold prices...it ranges from 300+ honestly im gonna try at 390 in beginning to see how it goes.

As Jim Cramer would say, "SELL SELL SELL! SELL SELL SELL!"

Anyone with a R9 or RX card should immediately sell it and get all the money they can from this mining craze. Just go buy an equivalent nVidia card for now, like a 1060 or a 1070. AMD cards are not for gaming until the current mining craze burns itself out, probably some 6-8 months from now.

"In a gold rush you don't get rich by digging for gold - you get rich by selling shovels."

Quote Originally Posted by Toxsins View Post
    "In a gold rush you don't get rich by digging for gold - you get rich by selling shovels."
    Ding Ding.

Ill have to see if remembered to take a picture, but MicroCenter had a great sign up in front of their GPUs today.

It was along the lines of:

One Card: MSRP.
    Two Cards: MSRP.
    Three Cards: 10,000$.

(Limit 2 per customer).

Edit: realize this might not be clear, the point i was getting at.

MicroCenter is trying to make it so customers can get cards.... but the underlying humor of the sign is reality. If everyone is digging for gold, the guy that gets rich is the guy selling shovels. In this case, Radeon GPUs.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2017-07-08 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Ding Ding.

Ill have to see if remembered to take a picture, but MicroCenter had a great sign up in front of their GPUs today.

It was along the lines of:

One Card: MSRP.
    Two Cards: MSRP.
    Three Cards: 10,000$.

(Limit 2 per customer).

Edit: realize this might not be clear, the point i was getting at.

MicroCenter is trying to make it so customers can get cards.... but the underlying humor of the sign is reality. If everyone is digging for gold, the guy that gets rich is the guy selling shovels. In this case, Radeon GPUs.
    Yep just sold.my msi r9 390 for 360 minus ebay fees nd shipping so.i get 320. I bought it new 2 3 years ago for 330 forgot what year