Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I enjoyed a bit of fry and laurie

Most of my favs have already been listed but i'll add in 'Ideal'. Such a surreal show sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    Pessimism, cynicism and wit and sometimes outright surealism!

Best comedies that i love have that in spades like Blackadder and Red Dwarf.

Also not having a audience whoop for ten minutes when a overpaid actor says a light wise crack written by 100 writers also helps too
    You sir are a Smeee---heeeeee

10+ Year Old Account
    I love all the old comedies, Dads Army, Black Adder, Faulty Towers, Monty Python, Only Fools and Horses, One Foot In the Grave, and Spitting Image... I grew up watching these shows with my mum and dad, and they kind of rubbed off on me over the eyars

British comedy (at least in Sitcoms) these days are pretty weak. I still never got the love for The Office, such an over rated show in my opinion. I guess you need to relate to it in some way and I never did. I did like shows like Inbetweeners, Peep Show and IT Crowd though. I guess I related to them more. :P

British stand up is quite good, there are alot of British stand up comedians these days who I cannot stand (no pun intended) but there are a few gems in there.

There is also alot of British panal shows I like. Have I got News for You, Mock the Week and QI. I used to like Never Mind the Buzzcocks when Simon Amstell or Mark Lamarr used to host, it got kind of boring over time.
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-07-08 at 06:11 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Peep show is the fucking bees knees.

I'm Alan Partridge is great.

Might as well watch the Inbetweeners as well.

Monkey Dust

I came into this thread just to say Red Dwarf, and was very happy to see it was already mentioned. +1 MMO-C!

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

3 pages and no one mentioned Mr. Bean?

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That Mitchell and Webb Look
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Monty Python and Peep Show are my favorites.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xbcfgxsuj View Post
    Or Rimmer from Red Dwarf he is the perfect character to describe British humour. He is a guy you really shouldnt like he is a coward, anal, would sell out his friends but for some reason you just cant help but love him.
    Must be the salute.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Dead. On.

God I love Peep Show.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    My personal favourites in no particular order

Peep Show
    Blackadder
    Extras
    Life's Too Short (genius)
    League of Gentlemen
    One Foot in the Grave
    Inbetweeners
    Faulty Towers
    Deadringers
    Car Share
    Phoenix Nights
    Mr Bean
    Many more

I often don't find American comedy funny

Deleted
    My favorites are IT crowd and Monty Python, and everything every single Python created.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    My favorites are IT crowd and Monty Python, and everything every single Python created.
    I like the movies but I found Flying Circus tripe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I like the movies but I found Flying Circus tripe
    Its not aged well.

Also you said you don't like merican comedy. have you watched eastbound and down?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Its not aged well.

Also you said you don't like merican comedy. have you watched eastbound and down?
    Yeah

Don't get me wrong some American comedy is awesome aka Fraiser

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Ahh Frasier, the show that pretends to be intellectual by name dropping philosophers. NewsRadio was so much better, until Phil was murdered at least.
    Eh? It mocks the ridiculousness of intellect snobbery and celebrity pompousness

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Which is weird when you consider the fans of the show were famous for being intellectual snobs who thought that if you didn't like Frasier you were too dumb to get the references made in the show. Frasier, the show that pretends to be intellectual by name dropping philosophers.

Get the joke now?
    I wouldn't know I didn't understand Fraiser when it was popular let alone know the fanbase