Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    Can't say i like the pride event, i think its unnecessary, and im glad pretty much every lgbt person i know feels the same way. It would annoy me if i had somewhere to be today, but i have a free day so its fine.
    I agree a number of gay people find it unnecessary but partly because we grew up post Pride and reaped the benefits but for many it's still important and I support their right to Pride

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    It really doesn't. It says firms are supporting it because of inclusion, it doesn't state what people hope to achieve with a pride parade/march.
    Yes it does

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Yes it does
    Why don't you quote it then instead of just arguing?

It really doesn't.
    To celebrate, endorse and promote LGBT rights and culture which didn't exist merely 50 years ago pretty much anywhere so it can become a cultural norm.

LGBT people are still harrassed globally to this day.

I'm pretty sure you knew this already.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-07-08 at 12:38 PM.

Deleted
    I agree a number of gay people find it unnecessary but partly because we grew up post Pride and reaped the benefits but for many it's still important and I support their right to Pride

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it does
    I support their right to, i hate most carnival / parade type things though, too loud, busy and just leave everywhere in a mess usually. But its not like they're often enough to actually impact my life

Deleted
    I find it particularly unnecessary, but it is to others. Perhaps some people just can't develop empathy?

We have other events that close down streets in London and other cities all throughout the year, should we stop those as well because a group of people find them annoying?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    you guys take in too many from woefully undeveloped countries, like somalia. these people are always the ones that cause the trouble. the syrians, they're somewhat ok i guess, in small numbers. but you guys just take too many of everything from those areas of the world, and it's unsafe for lgbt peoples.
    And? Violent homophobes are everywhere thus why Pride exists. That said London is pretty LGBT safe

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I support their right to, i hate most carnival / parade type things though, too loud, busy and just leave everywhere in a mess usually. But its not like they're often enough to actually impact my life
    Proper english to be this miserable.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    To celebrate, endorse and promote LGBT rights and culture which didn't exist merely 50 years ago pretty much anywhere.

LGBT people are still harrassed globally to this day.

I'm pretty sure you knew this already.
    Completely unnecessary to block off parts of a city for it. Stick to a specific area intended for festivals instead of going about marching and blocking off the city. You achieve nothing by blocking off the city, just making people annoyed.

Deleted
    Why don't you quote it then instead of just arguing?
    Because it irks me to have to read for people like children after I went out of my way to provide you with the necessary tools to actually read the story

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Proper english to be this miserable.
    I do my best to keep some English-ness in London

Drama and sex sell stuff.
    Pride parades and LGBT have a lot of drama and make a lot of noise, not to mention the common nudity.

So of course every business with a sense for potential profit will support such events and communities, regardless of what the owners/employees personal opinions are.
    My country does not have such parades often (east europe fml) but aside from the traffic issues for 1 day i got nothing against such events.

Actually the whole purpose of protests is to get noticed.
    And not just by the politicians, but by the everyday common average man.
    So the street blocking is rather important part of being noticed, even if it is annoying people.

Deleted
    Completely unnecessary to block off parts of a city for it. Stick to a specific area intended for festivals instead of going about marching and blocking off the city. You achieve nothing by blocking off the city, just making people annoyed.
    Polly Shute, director of development and partnerships for Pride in London, said it will be a record-breaking year for the event, with more than 26,500 people expected to take part.
    People obviously disagree

People obviously disagree
    Wow, 26k people. So many.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Drama and sex sell stuff.
    Pride parades and LGBT have a lot of drama and make a lot of noise, not to mention the common nudity.

So of course every business with a sense for potential profit will support such events and communities, regardless of what the owners/employees personal opinions are.
    My country does not have such parades often (east europe fml) but aside from the traffic issues for 1 day i got nothing against such events.

Actually the whole purpose of protests is to get noticed.
    And not just by the politicians, but by the everyday common average man.
    So the street blocking is rather important part of being noticed, even if it is annoying people.
    There is no nudity unless you consider bare chest and shorts nudity...in summer

I'm sure they plan where they are going with the local law enforcement and city planners way ahead of time to make it as unconvenient as possible.

Not to mention the event only lasts 3 hours. Not to mention it only goes down about 3 streets.

I'm sure you can survive.

Kind baseless bashing at this point.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand what people hope to accomplish with the pride festivals... They're just annoying.
    To show that different sexual preferences exist and that we shouldn't be scared or uncomfortable with someone simply because they are not straight. They are to celebrate and normalise it all.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Deleted
    you talk about it as if its shutting down london. They have a pre arranged approved route, much like half the other fucking events in this city have. Notting Hill Carnival, London Marathon etc etc etc.

This is why London kicks ass, you have great events supported by the city.

You need to grow up.

businesses are backing it because its politically convenient to and they want people to buy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    To show that different sexual preferences exist and that we shouldn't be scared or uncomfortable with someone simply because they are not straight. They are to celebrate and normalise it all.
    People know different sexual preferences exist in this day. You won't change a homophobes mind by throwing a pride parade.

Deleted
    Wow, 26k people. So many.
    Oh jog on, you're obviously here just to argue and I cba with obtuseness today