Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Xe'ra, more like Bae'ra. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    No, she's Med'an.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, she's dead.
    I doubht she's dead since she plays an important part in the argus patch and the quest ''Light Mother'' is about restoring her position, plus we literally see the entire Pantheon there even though they were supposed to be dead. And even if she does die at that point it's irrelevant to whether she is above all the others.
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2017-07-08 at 11:04 AM.

If you look at the chronicle sample on the elements. Naaru are put in the inner ring equivalent to the old gods. The outer ring of shadow(void) is the void lords, the outer ring of holy doesn't have a representation yet. Thus the opposite of the void lords is still not revealed to us. Naaru are the corporeal servants of the light like the old gods are the physical servants of the shadow (void lords).
    I assume the physical manifestation of the light has similar restrictions to the void lords being unable to physically manifest, except that they are probably not willing to hijack an entities body (titan). The most likely candidate should the light want to manifest is probably through the wild gods with some references already to Elune (who at this time we don't know if she is a titan/naaru or something different).

In any case, I don't think the Naaru are the highest beings of their respective element, as it would imply old gods are the highest of theirs (which is not the case). As for the "cannot fade" part, old gods technically can't be killed so it's likely naaru can be rebirthed in a similar fashion as long as a physical copy remains somewhere (like in this case the core of Xera reforming into herself/heart of ysaarj manifesting in garrosh).

Like many others here: Fuck Xe'ra.

If there was a DK story quest that killed her, for the first time, I would actually be happy with my classes' wanton murder of allies. Fuck that vile broken piece of a piss stained mirror.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why are so many disliking her? Maybe I should finally do the questline, shouldn't I? Or did I miss something else regarding Xe'ra?
    You should.
    She tells the players that have downed Illidan that this will be OUR redemption, as if we did anything wrong by stopping illidan running amok in outland. Shes a grade a cunt and the embodiment of lazy retcon and awful story telling, that is why so many hate her. She also has a lazy ass weekly gated collection quest assiciated with her, which makes her immediately hateable as well .

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Why are so many disliking her? Maybe I should finally do the questline, shouldn't I? Or did I miss something else regarding Xe'ra?
    I didnt do the whole quest line, but from what i got from it, she worships Illidan, and see's us as the bad guys for defeating him back in TBC. Every quest you do for her is meant to be showing how hard Illidans life was and the sacrifices he gave.

"Illidan didn't get to become a druid like his brother Malfurion, Illidan really knows failure like no one else!!"

That sort of thing.

so she will stay with Illidan on Argus???

oh boy...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    She tells the players that have downed Illidan that this will be OUR redemption, as if we did anything wrong by stopping illidan running amok in outland. Shes a grade a cunt and the embodiment of lazy retcon and awful story telling, that is why so many hate her. She also has a lazy ass weekly gated collection quest assiciated with her, which makes her immediately hateable as well .
    Oh, fuck, I'd blissfully forgotten the part about our redemption
    fuck 'er

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Peggle View Post
    I didnt do the whole quest line, but from what i got from it, she worships Illidan, and see's us as the bad guys for defeating him back in TBC. Every quest you do for her is meant to be showing how hard Illidans life was and the sacrifices he gave.

"Illidan didn't get to become a druid like his brother Malfurion, Illidan really knows failure like no one else!!"

That sort of thing.
    Spoilers for the questline.. If people care:

Illidan didn't become a druid because he fucking sucked at it, therefore he knows the most about failure.

Illidan was thrown out of the moonguard because he literally murdered everyone else in it, therefore he knows the most about betrayal.

Illidan was killed and imprisoned for trying to destroy Azeroth, therefore he knows the most about.. I forgot where that one was going, but fuck her anyway

I don't think Xe'ra is nearly as bad as the people in this thread are making her out to be. Don't understand the circlejerk hate. Even if she "retconned" the TBC story for Illidan, what she's given us is still more interesting and compelling than any story that came out of TBC
    Last edited by chickopenny; 2017-07-08 at 11:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    No, she's Med'an.
    Woah whoah woah, hey hey, stop... Just stop it. Don't give Blizzard ideas to somehow implement that into the game!
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Xe'ra's storyline didn't retcon Illidan's storyline from TBC; it only opened a new perspective on it. Nothing got retconned here; the adventurers naturally didn't know Illidan's intentions and neither was he willing to talk/stop with the madness he was going through with in Outland, which is why he got killed in the first place.

On the other hand, I do agree that this whole thing about the adventurer redeeming himself is a big pile of bullshit. Players' characters did what was right and put an end to Illidan's evil reign over Outland; it was done with the guidance of several Naaru too. This is why she makes no sense.

Had they gone with the "misunderstood" story, I'd have some understanding, but to outright claim that the forces of Azeroth wronged Illidan is just ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd mana tap that.

But seriously, fuck her. Boring-ass shitty floating wind chime cheap'o plot device motherfucker.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    she's just the first naaru, she's not the light, and she's not a goddess.

she's also very controlling and somewhat manipulative.
    Remember, the same light that shines and exposes the truth can also trick you with an illusion.....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    she's just the first naaru, she's not the light, and she's not a goddess.

she's also very controlling and somewhat manipulative.
    I try not to see it as a 'manipulative' way and just see it as "I'LL DO IT OF YOU'LL JUST STOP TALKING."

Quote Originally Posted by chickopenny View Post
    I don't think Xe'ra is nearly as bad as the people in this thread are making her out to be. Don't understand the circlejerk hate. Even if she "retconned" the TBC story for Illidan, what she's given us is still more interesting and compelling than any story that came out of TBC
    Thrall's voyage home is one of the best questlines ever.

She's not "the light". Just the prime naaru. Or first naaru, whatever you want to call it?

Seriously though, can't we just forget her and her waifu's existence already? Xe'ra's level of annoyingness is almost on par with Med'an. She's only a plot device brought in to justify Illidank the Son of Everything Good's and Bad's shenanigans.

Deleted
    How come Xe'ra gets so much hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    Why would anyone like her?

Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    I hate Xe'ra, really not looking forward to see her again...
    You won't see her for long, she dies in a yet to be implemented cinematic really early on in the questline.

Quote Originally Posted by Heallygood View Post
    we aren't perfected, that's why.