Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Firestrike bypassing barriers is a unique feature. Rein can Charge through barriers and grab people because barriers have never blocked melee damage/attacks.

I regularly punch Reinhardts to death through their shield when they're at like 10 health and think the shield will save them.
    That's what I thought... Don't see why people are talking like Doomfist is going to change the game for shield users because he can punch through them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    That's what I thought... Don't see why people are talking like Doomfist is going to change the game for shield users because he can punch through them.
    I've punched many a Reinhardt to death through his shield. It's expected that barriers wouldn't block his punc attacks.

everything changes with new heroes.

its his alt but its also his main attack. most other peoples main attacks DO get blocked by shields for everything but his filler shields are pointless
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post

its his alt but its also his main attack. most other peoples main attacks DO get blocked by shields for everything but his filler shields are pointless
    Technically... he's a melee hero and the melee attacks in this game all ignore barrier shields... like Reinhardt's main attacks, actually ALL of Reinhardt's attack ignore his shield. While we're on the subject, so does Genji's Ult and dash skill; as well as D.Va's boost. I think the only skills that are weird in that they ignore the shield are Symmetra's secondary charge attack and rein's firestrike.

Shield bypass techniques are NOT new. Just most people aren't making a large effort to get into melee. Again, any hero utilizing melee strikes get past rein's shield and effects like it and the only effect that can work like a shield and actually stops people is Mei's wall (which can technically also bypass the shield if you aim right)

Technically... he's a melee hero and the melee attacks in this game all ignore barrier shields... like Reinhardt's main attacks, actually ALL of Reinhardt's attack ignore his shield. While we're on the subject, so does Genji's Ult and dash skill; as well as D.Va's boost. I think the only skills that are weird in that they ignore the shield are Symmetra's secondary charge attack and rein's firestrike.

Shield bypass techniques are NOT new. Just most people aren't making a large effort to get into melee. Again, any hero utilizing melee strikes get past rein's shield and effects like it and the only effect that can work like a shield and actually stops people is Mei's wall (which can technically also bypass the shield if you aim right)
    There's nothing really that weird about Firestrike and Symm RMB's though, they are projectiles that pierce shields.

10+ Year Old Account
    when is doomfist coming out ?

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Unfortunately I don't do ptr anymore as it tends to do sudden downloads for updates right in the middle of my normal games.
    There's a setting to turn off updates while playing a game...

Quote Originally Posted by Woobels View Post
    There's nothing really that weird about Firestrike and Symm RMB's though, they are projectiles that pierce shields.
    Those are the only projectiles that do so.

That's why I said they're weird.

Doomfist has been nerfed, now his rocket punch propels him 21-22 yards instead of 30. So now he can't hit from 'downtown' as easily.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post

Yeah. Because Sombra and Orisa changed everything.

I'm interested what Overwatche's answer will be to Talon Doomfist, because lore-wise Talon now should have a big advantage. That's means there needs to be something strong and new on the side of Overwatch. Dunno.. Anti-Doomfist?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    I'm interested what Overwatche's answer will be to Talon Doomfist, because lore-wise Talon now should have a big advantage. That's means there needs to be something strong and new on the side of Overwatch. Dunno.. Anti-Doomfist?
    Wouldn't it be Winston? He's already the "leader" of OW and he's the one who put Doomfist in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Wouldn't it be Winston? He's already the "leader" of OW and he's the one who put Doomfist in prison.
    Yeah if he couldn't beat winston in a one on one there then he is going to need a new trick because only an idiot would try to fight the same way they lost before.

Besides we all know that Overwatch will just send in Mei and the fight will last long enough to freeze him and stand still for the headshot while giggling, "Sorry, sorry, sorry..."

- - - Updated - - -

I've been trying Doom out on the ptr, mostly in doom on doom matches because the chance of locking in this guy in a regular match anytime before 3 weeks into his official release is going to be hard, and I have to say that the majority of players are really going to suck at him. Yes they are going to get the occaisional rocketpunch kill but for the most part if you don't have good spacial sense in the virtual game you are just going to be wasting your time. A lot of the time they are going to charge up a rocket punch and prepare to layeth the smack down but the enemy will go around a corner and they are going to mistime their hits so they just punch the corner. Your leaps have to be on, your uppercuts have to be on and you have to have knuckle shots when you need them or you are going to be standing there with no buttons to push.

There will be rocketpunch kills mostly like a bad hanzo can still one shot people with scatter arrows but the real test will be if Doom can get multiple kills in one life by using his other abilities to make kills or to escape to high ground to return for more kills on the same life. Life for life isn't going to cut it, you are going to need 2 or 3 kills per life to make doomfist even worth it because he has to be in it to win it. Other heroes can be the workhorse by spreading damage around at some kind of range but Doom has to be front and center and killing people to be worth his position on the team.

I just don't see a lot of people having the spacial awareness to pull all of his combos off. Those guys who can use Genji's ult to kill 6 people who are spread out because they have excellent spacial awareness are going to be big winners with Doomfist, the rest.... not so much.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Yeah if he couldn't beat winston in a one on one there then he is going to need a new trick because only an idiot would try to fight the same way they lost before.

Besides we all know that Overwatch will just send in Mei and the fight will last long enough to freeze him and stand still for the headshot while giggling, "Sorry, sorry, sorry..."

- - - Updated - - -

I've been trying Doom out on the ptr, mostly in doom on doom matches because the chance of locking in this guy in a regular match anytime before 3 weeks into his official release is going to be hard, and I have to say that the majority of players are really going to suck at him. Yes they are going to get the occaisional rocketpunch kill but for the most part if you don't have good spacial sense in the virtual game you are just going to be wasting your time. A lot of the time they are going to charge up a rocket punch and prepare to layeth the smack down but the enemy will go around a corner and they are going to mistime their hits so they just punch the corner. Your leaps have to be on, your uppercuts have to be on and you have to have knuckle shots when you need them or you are going to be standing there with no buttons to push.

There will be rocketpunch kills mostly like a bad hanzo can still one shot people with scatter arrows but the real test will be if Doom can get multiple kills in one life by using his other abilities to make kills or to escape to high ground to return for more kills on the same life. Life for life isn't going to cut it, you are going to need 2 or 3 kills per life to make doomfist even worth it because he has to be in it to win it. Other heroes can be the workhorse by spreading damage around at some kind of range but Doom has to be front and center and killing people to be worth his position on the team.

I just don't see a lot of people having the spacial awareness to pull all of his combos off. Those guys who can use Genji's ult to kill 6 people who are spread out because they have excellent spacial awareness are going to be big winners with Doomfist, the rest.... not so much.
    Totally true. I also tested Doomfist on the PTR and it feels like playing Street Fighter or Tekken. A combo based class that has high mechanical demands, if you miss out on those, you lose.

Deleted
    Don't like him. His animations are like from Tekken. Hectic and weird.

10+ Year Old Account
    We haven't had a new defence hero since Mei.... when we getting a new defence hero?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I'm kinda surprised his ult doesn't really seem to have a way to stop it. If your entire team is in a Zarya ult D.va can right click Pharah's ult, Zen can ult to counter Hanzo's ult, you can stun a Reaper ult... but all Doomfist needs to do is click and it's an instant unstopabble team wipe.

Ignoring Zarya's ult, all he has to do is put you at the center of the ult. You can run to avoid being 1 shot, but you won't be able to avoid some massive guaranteed damage unless you have some sort of speed boost ability.

So starters, they should at least let the enemy team see the targeting circle while Doomfist is ulting, not just flash it when he's coming down.

Quote Originally Posted by Inukashi View Post
    Huh?
    Talon has Doomfist, Widowmaker, Reaper, and somewhat Sombra (since she's clearly just using them, to the point of screwing over their mission for her personal gain).

Overwatch has Winston, Genji, Tracer, Mercy, Torb, Pharah (at least, she's willing to join), Reinhardt, McCree, and Mei, along with characters whose goals still align with Overwatch more than Talon despite leaving Overwatch, like Soldier and Ana. I mean, even Orisa would join Overwatch over Talon, along with Lucio and D.Va. Zenyatta's goals also align with Overwatch, and would most likely side with his pupil over the murderer of his friend.

That only leaves characters like Junkrat and Roadhog that might join Talon, since Zarya wouldn't dare join someone who threatened her leader and Widowmaker has been trying to get Hanzo to join Talon but clearly to no success (He also won't join Overwatch though as clearly shown by in game lines and the Dragons short).

Leaves Bastion to be an oddball, along with Symmetra, but Bastion is apparently tagging along with his new pal Torb, and Symmetra could technically join Talon, but yet again, another case of Sombra probably screwing that up, since she targeted Symmetra's company at one point. Although Sym wouldn't get along with Lucio either, so she'd probably just like Zarya, stay in her own party.

Talon is still VASTLY outnumbered by Overwatch and their allies, by a long shot.

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Also true, Genji and Tracer only really distracted Doomfist while Winston recovered from being punched so far.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2017-07-10 at 06:45 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Another anti-tank dive hero. Not sure it's what the game needs, but it's abundantly clear now that this really is the direction Blizzard want.
    I'm just seeing even more reason not to return to Overwatch. They spent 3 months to make another dive hero. It feels like Overwatch severely lacks content.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    sigh, another damage dealer... I guess it makes sense that he would be but god damn do we need another one right now?
    Well, it's a game about killing people. I'd say we need a ton of damage dealers before they can add supports or tanks. We need more variety in the damage dealer section, not 10 different supports to pick from.

Tanks are in a really really good spot right now, don't see why we should add more of those until the damage dealers have been fleshed out a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    why is everyone saying offense hero ? hes a defensive type
    What? No. He only has attacks and no defense. He gets a shield from being offensive.

Reaper is more defensive than this hero!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    this.... isn't wow.. also I want a new defensive hero buuuut whatever I guess that doesn't factor in at all for you.
    You don't need new defensive heroes as long as so many of them are in such horrible state..