Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Nice mechanical Gaming keyboard ?

Hi guys,

My keyboard just broke and I am looking for a new keyboard in the 100$ range. The most important thing for me is the clicky sound of the keyboard, so mechanical is a must. if you might watch Naguras stream sometimes, I love the sound of her keyboard !
    Does anyone have some suggestions ?

Herald of the Titans Pterodactylus's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I love my K70 with the blue switches.
    “You know, it really doesn’t matter what the media write as long as you’ve got a young, and beautiful, piece of ass." - President Donald Trump

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fndrx View Post
    Hi guys,

My keyboard just broke and I am looking for a new keyboard in the 100$ range. The most important thing for me is the clicky sound of the keyboard, so mechanical is a must. if you might watch Naguras stream sometimes, I love the sound of her keyboard !
    Does anyone have some suggestions ?
    I love my Logitech 810, and you should be able to find it for around the price you listed.

Here is a video review if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MJPtoxUx7Y
    Leafcast - <Don't Laugh At My Giraffe> Proudmoore

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pterodactylus View Post
    I love my K70 with the blue switches.
    Agreed, Corsair all the way.

Deleted
    I've got the Fnatic Gear Rush with brown switches (not as clicky as blue switches but blue switches are a possibility). I am super happy with the Keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    I love my Logitech 810, and you should be able to find it for around the price you listed.

Here is a video review if you're interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MJPtoxUx7Y
    Probably not the best option if a clicky sound is the most important.

Care to explain the difference between a mechanical keyboard and a gaming mechanical keyboard? Anyway, here you go, spend the rest on beer, buy lingerie for your girlfriend, invest in options or whatever you feel like

Quote Originally Posted by mathezar View Post
    ... I hate my country so much when it comes to electronics. I have an 810 as well and it's great but it cost me 198 euros... (226$).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alantor View Post
    Care to explain the difference between a mechanical keyboard and a gaming mechanical keyboard? Anyway, here you go, spend the rest on beer, buy lingerie for your girlfriend, invest in options or whatever you feel like
    So sick of my Corsair K70 with blues, I might just get the full version of what you linked, with blues.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Herald of the Titans pansertjald's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just got the Corsair Strafe for 55 euros and i must say that i really love it and the software for it, is superb. I just need to get used to the sound of the Mechanical keys
    AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D: Gigabyte X670 Aorus Elite AX: G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5-6000 C30 : PowerColor Radeon RX 7900 GRE Hellhound OC: CORSAIR HX850i: Samsung 960 EVO 250GB NVMe: fiio e10k: lian-li pc-o11 dynamic XL:

Deleted
    Another vote for the Logitech G810.
    I'm not a fan of lights on things, but as rarely glance at keyboard, I cope with lights

The keys aren't loud (one thing I was dreading), the software is great, which I already used with my Logitech G600 & ARX on the mobile.

You can get them on sales regularly via Logitech, or <£100 on Ebay like I did.

Also recommened Aurora. It's software gives more options for the lights, including settings keys lights as a gfx/cpu load indicator, ping display & all sorts of things.
    It's not just for Logitech either.

https://github.com/antonpup/Aurora

If you like the typical clickyness of mechanical keyboards, I would not go for the Logitech G810/Romer-G switches. I think the best key switches are Cherry Browns, as they are a decent compromise between noise and tactile feedback. Cherry Blues are way too loud to be tolerable in my opinion, but Browns still give you the mechanical feel at like 50% of the noise. The Logitech Romer-G switches feel way too mushy and too close to a membrane keyboard for my taste (I have a G910 that is sitting in my closet).

If you just want a basic keyboard and don't care about full RGB lighting vs just having standard white backlighting, just go with the Logitech G610 Brown keyboard IMO.

https://www.amazon.com/Logitech-Back.../dp/B01CDYB8F6

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    das keyboard has some quality stuff; also WASD's keyboards are nice.

Been on my das Model S Pro for idk 3 years or so now. Still going strong.

BTW - fuck Amazon. Buy direct from the manufacturer and bypass that employee-abusive company.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2017-07-09 at 03:54 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    The Logitech Romer-G switches feel way too mushy and too close to a membrane keyboard for my taste (I have a G910 that is sitting in my closet).

Deleted
    I've been using old Max Keyboard Nighthawk X9 Red... keyboard for about 5 or 6 years now, no problems so far. It's an older version, I don't think it's even available for purchase any more. But I like it because it's straight to the point no useless shit KB. I think it has MX red switches, good satisfying feel. The only issue I had so far was backlight dimming and going unstable, but considering it happened only once and never again, it might of been an issue with USB socket, not the KB itself.

Overall Corsair have good mechanical keyboards.

Avoid Razer Products at all cost, they're nowadays made for teenagers who are excited for having nice LEDs and are cool for having a true gamer gear instead of good durability and quality. (it's a word from their ex-client)

Check reddit:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalKeyboards/

Or go straight to the buying guide(with price ranges!):
    https://www.reddit.com/r/MechanicalK...i/buying_guide
    It was updated about 1 month ago, so I think it's fine.
    Last edited by Eazy; 2017-07-08 at 06:38 PM.

When it comes to mechanical keyboards, avoid anything with a "gaming" on it. I've purchased a Logitech G710+ and the build quality is shit. This doesn't imply I broke mine or something, it's still serving well.

I'd buy deck/Cherry.

edit: Turns out, cooler master is not that cheap in Amazon US. It is one of the cheapest around here.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-07-09 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you care about having a tenkey pad? If so, go for the Corsair K70.
    Do you not care about having a tenkey pad, like myself? If so, go for the Corsair K65.

I had the K65 and the only reason i didnt love it to death was i dont really like Cherry Red switches and could never catch it when they were doing the special runs with Blues.

Otherwise, great board. Solid construction, great software now that is in ver2, very good board.

Though they often get hate, i dont find the Kailh/Razer Green switches to be noticably different from Cherry Blues, and the Razer Black Widow X TE Chroma is a good solid board. Nice metal construction, though the software isn't as robust as the Corsair board.

I recently gave the K65 to my wife, swapped my TE Chroma to my gaming rig, and got the Ornata for my daily driver (it was on sale for about half off) - Razer's "Mecha Membrane" setup.

I'm actually quite impressed with it from a typing perspective, but im not sure it would be a good gaming board.

As for "gaming" branded boards - im most cases id agree with the folks here, not worth it. The Razer boards ive owned have all been 10-keyless and lacking all the "gaming" m umbo jumbo, same with the Corsair board.

My previous mechanicals were just straight up mechanical workhorse boards from DasKeyboard (which are great, btw; only reason i switched is because i really like backlighting for playing in a dark/dim room and at the time DK didn't make backlit boards - they do now)

The "gaming" gimmicks aren't worth it often, IMO.

Look for good switches and solid construction first, then figure out what you want after that.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2017-07-09 at 05:01 PM.

I have a QPAD MK-85 and it's simply the best for typing fun stuff on this forum.
    "Every country has the government it deserves."
    Joseph de Maistre (1753 – 1821)