... LastLast
    Deleted
    The voidlords are Dark Naaru?

Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below

and

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming
    This could refer to Sylvanas as well. Or te betrayal could be Jaina. Or Azshara. There are hits that implicate all of them at the moment.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post

Huh?
    Not really. The darkened Naaru, like M'uru, are referred to as "void gods", but they're not the same as the Void Lords. They are Naaru turned upside down from light to shadow. Void Lords are different entities that we never encountered yet.

Edit: as stated before in the thread, the shadow counterpart of the Naaru going by Chronicles would be the Old Gods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qieth
    I don't do math, blind assumptions work so much better for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    This could refer to Sylvanas as well. Or te betrayal could be Jaina. Or Azshara. There are hits that implicate all of them at the moment.
    Jaina wouldn't make much sense regarding the 'third death'. Sylvanas... has died three times so it depends if they mean the third death of the "Banshee Queen", which is after she became undead.

Or, who knows - didn't we beat Elisande three times in the Nighthold? >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Sarithus93 View Post

Huh?
    no.

they're stronger than titans. no naaru has shown that much power.

we don't know their light equivalent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    Its surface blazes bright, masking shadows below

and

At the hour of her third death, she will usher in our coming
    What does that quote from Il'gynoth have to do with Xe'ra? The first one I understand becasue naaru and shit, but not the second.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinan View Post
    It's clearly Azeroth.

The crater line clearly is about Azeroth (The heart of Azeroth is the Maelstrom, and N'zoth prison is more or less located right below it).
    Third death? Well, the Sundering and the Shattering are two "deaths". Apparently the pillars will have a disastrous effect so who knows, maybe that will be the third "death".
    "The surfaces blazes bright" could also talk about Azeroth, because we KNOW that N'zoth is underground and the Naga have ties with the Old Gods and there's barely any Void influences on the surface.

Deleted
    can someone explain the Xe'ra hate? I can't even recall her doing anything other than narrating the illidan questline thing and it wasn't that horrible if i remember correctly ( then again i didnt pay much attention to it).

Quote Originally Posted by Enschee View Post
    can someone explain the Xe'ra hate? I can't even recall her doing anything other than narrating the illidan questline thing and it wasn't that horrible if i remember correctly ( then again i didnt pay much attention to it).
    Let me explain the Xe'ra hate. Prior to the universe existing, there was Light and Void. It is this Void that is integral to (or a part of) Dark Naaru or decaying Nauru who exude potent Void energies. Large clouds of Light formed around the Void and coalesced into Xe'ra, some Illidan-loving scheming bitch who has a small measure of Void energies covered by clouds of Light — a Void that grow slowly but surely until the naaru's true nature comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by arel00 View Post
    Void Lords are different entities that we never encountered yet.
    Not true. We've encountered several Void Lords:

Dimensius the All-Devouring: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dimensius_the_All-Devouring

Pandemonius, a lieutenant of Dimensius: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Pandemonius

An unnamed Void Lord in the Deaths of Chromie scenario: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Void_Gargantuan

Dimensius, in particular, has shown to be grotesquely powerful by being responsible for destroying K'aresh, the Ethereal homeworld. Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire (Aka Knaifu) even confirms that Dimensius is a Void Lord, but we've only seen a shadow of a fraction of his true power.

On Topic: Xe'ra is a Prime Naaru, one of the first Naaru. However, she isn't "The Light". It is much more likely that Elune is either the true Goddess of the Light or she's part of a group of Light Lords that haven't been revealed outside of her. There's even a seed for this: when you are trying to jumpstart Light's Heart, Khadgar sends you after the Tear of Elune because a book in Karazhan suggests Elune created the Prime Naaru; since the Tear of Elune works, that's good evidence that Elune is directly responsible for Xe'ra's creation, at the very least.

Either way, Elune is, almost certainly, at the top of the Light hierarchy.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syncroniam View Post
    the Void Lords are dark Naaru
    The void lords are not dark naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Funny thing here: if I did RP i'd go with the story that my warrior from vanilla turned into the paladin I played in BC, and then died and turned into the DK I made in WotLK. Dk is the only other class i've maxed out :P
    WTF, I also mained a War in Vanilla, Pally in TBC, and DK in WoTLK. Now I mostly play my Monk.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AbalDarkwind View Post
    Not true. We've encountered several Void Lords:

Dimensius the All-Devouring: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Dimensius_the_All-Devouring

Pandemonius, a lieutenant of Dimensius: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Pandemonius

An unnamed Void Lord in the Deaths of Chromie scenario: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Void_Gargantuan

Dimensius, in particular, has shown to be grotesquely powerful by being responsible for destroying K'aresh, the Ethereal homeworld. Xal'atath, Blade of the Black Empire (Aka Knaifu) even confirms that Dimensius is a Void Lord, but we've only seen a shadow of a fraction of his true power.

On Topic: Xe'ra is a Prime Naaru, one of the first Naaru. However, she isn't "The Light". It is much more likely that Elune is either the true Goddess of the Light or she's part of a group of Light Lords that haven't been revealed outside of her. There's even a seed for this: when you are trying to jumpstart Light's Heart, Khadgar sends you after the Tear of Elune because a book in Karazhan suggests Elune created the Prime Naaru; since the Tear of Elune works, that's good evidence that Elune is directly responsible for Xe'ra's creation, at the very least.

Either way, Elune is, almost certainly, at the top of the Light hierarchy.
    Still no. Blame Blizzard for being dumb, but what we encountered were voidlorods (without space) and void gods, both of which are weaker than void lords(with space) who are the ones who create Old Gods. Dimensius is the closest thing we get, but Xal'atath says it is merely a fragment of the void lords.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    no.

they're stronger than titans. no naaru has shown that much power.

we don't know their light equivalent.
    What's the OP going on about, then?

Imperius and Malthael are considered some of the highest beings of the High Heavens and both are pricks to mortals.

I'm hoping that it turns out that she's some evil shit herself, so we can data drain... i mean kill her

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    The void lords are not dark naaru.
    What if, when a dark Naaru exists for a long enough period, they turn into a mini gateway for a Void being to emerge. And that void being takes over them until beaten in which they revert back to being a light naaru.

Might just be me, but they look like keys that can funnel power from either realms of light and void. A nexus, or some living iris. I keep thinking it's possible that the Old Gods can also be turned into light creatures aswell and have always thought of Elune as being a light Old God, but that can't be anymore :/

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You won't see her for long, she dies in a yet to be implemented cinematic really early on in the questline.
    Yaaaaaasssssss, thank you for that precious information my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Still no. Blame Blizzard for being dumb, but what we encountered were voidlorods (without space) and void gods, both of which are weaker than void lords(with space) who are the ones who create Old Gods. Dimensius is the closest thing we get, but Xal'atath says it is merely a fragment of the void lords.
    All three of those beings I mention were specifically noted as void lords, with a space. Furthermore, do you have a source on voidlords and void lords being different? Because, from what I've seen, that's simply fan speculation to explain how warlocks can control voidlords. In fact, Wowpedia treats them as interchangeable: http://wow.gamepedia.com/Voidlord

Ultimately, the void lords are going to be heavily based on the Outer Gods of the Cthulhu mythos, which have a hierarchy. Dimensius is likely one of the higher ones while Pandemonius is clearly lower as a lieutenant of Dimensius. I would even say it's likely there's a Void King as an analogue to Azathoth from Lovecraft's mythos that just hasn't been revealed yet.
    Last edited by AbalDarkwind; 2017-07-08 at 04:39 PM.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by Hyral View Post
    No, she's Med'an.
    Wasnt med'an supposed to be out there fighting the void?

Deleted
    She would make a cool raid boss.

Xe'ra is just an embodiment of light in our universe, likely first or one of the earliest (and alive). Nothing more.

So she is highest "Light" being in great dark. Nothing more.