Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Which is why they are dying culture both literally (high suicide rate), psychologically (ranking above Kazakhstan) and economically. In the future their culture can live forever in museums I suppose.
    Unlikely. Its possible, or simply conditions will change and they can have good times. Things go up and down, good days, bad days. There seems to be little reason to flood ones country with an unlimited number of people from anywhere in the hope for a momentary inflation of the GDP.

Take care of what you have and solve the problems internally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    The 'facts' which reflect the already well known fact that people of lower socioeconomic class are more prone to crime and violence due to their lack of social investment, something which afflicts native born people as well? Go figure.
    Now you're making an argument against immigration of lowly educated people instead of just against muslims. What's with the classism?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Muslims are not immune to wrongdoing.
    Neither is 'native' culture.

But the fact that pretty much every other cultural minority has had the exact same criticism levied against it demonstrates it's less a function of 'Muslim culture' and just an inherent difficulty with immigration that needs to be overcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I am doing exactly that, pointing out flaws. No matter what country I look to, muslims are causing problems. That tells me that there is something they are doing wrong when they manage to cause problems just about anywhere.
    Muslims came to the US in the 17th century with waves of migrants coming in the 1800s and 1900s and no one batted an eye at them until 2001 so there is that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Now you're making an argument against immigration of lowly educated people instead of just against muslims. What's with the classism?
    I've never suggested we only accept highly educated or wealthy immigrants; that's on you, friendo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Unlikely. Its possible, or simply conditions will change and they can have good times. Things go up and down, good days, bad days. There seems to be little reason to flood ones country with an unlimited number of people from anywhere in the hope for a momentary inflation of the GDP.

Take care of what you have and solve the problems internally.
    I am not advocating for flooding them with immigrants but Japan is unable to change its culture that is killing the family unit in the modern age and leading to high suicide rates and depression. Japan has been going on this downward slopes for decades with no projection of that changing maybe you are right and they will make internal changes when things get really bad but it does not seem likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    You don't understand Japanese society. I know you're a troll but being a weeb doesn't give you special insight.
    We're talking about Canada not Japan. The other poster claimed how refugees were taking too long to find jobs.

Neither is 'native' culture.
    I don't remember ever claiming otherwise.

But the fact that pretty much every other cultural minority has had the exact same criticism levied against it demonstrates it's less a function of 'Muslim culture' and just an inherent difficulty with immigration that needs to be overcome.
    Koreans face close to no problems in Singapore, why is this if what you say is correct?

- - - Updated - - -

I've never suggested we only accept highly educated or wealthy immigrants; that's on you, friendo.
    You put out an argument against taking lowly educated people though.

Deleted
    The 'facts' which reflect the already well known fact that people of lower socioeconomic class are more prone to crime and violence due to their lack of social investment, something which afflicts native born people as well? Go figure.
    That is true, but if you dig deeper you find that the same studies show that the most correlative factor is race/ethnic background, not the wealth. This is why many asian families from extremely poor background still fare well even compared to natives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    Most of Canada is fine with this seeing as we voted in a government who is in favour of us taking in our fair share. Get on board.
    Wait until the next election. Everyone who voted for Trudeau is changing their minds quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Great article here. It's tough to feel sorry for a country which chooses to avoid taking obvious steps to remedy its problems. With an aging population and low birthrate, this does seem like a logical step. Hopefully Nippon makes the jump soon.
    1) When was the last time you heard about a terrorist attack in Japan?
    2) They'll find Japanese solutions for Japanese problems.
    3) I dont think they need or want your pity.

If refugees are so good for a country why is YOURS cherry picking only the best and brightest, and only a handful at that.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

We're talking about Canada not Japan. The other poster claimed how refugees were taking too long to find jobs.
    We cherry pick hard in canada... really damn hard. You can't compare what we do with any other nation in the refugee crisis. Even then we have far above average unemployment numbers for them compared to other groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh most of them are women and children. Not sure how you expect them to magically find jobs.
    Wait, you are discriminating against young adult males? Why is that? Dont they need protections from all the horrible things they are escaping from?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    As far as economics are concerned, an immigrant can work a minimum wage job their entire life and will still be contributing positively to the economy.
    According to a Norwegian survey a few years ago, the average economical "contribution" of a non-Western immigrant is over 4 million NOK (Norwegian krone) negative. (In comparison, an average Western immigrant's contribution is 800,000 NOK positive.) That's not counting just all the Scandinavian welfare benefits they enjoy, but also all the costs of all the damage and troubles they bring with their cultures.

One doesn't need much imagination to realize that Muslims are especially cost-inefficient, starting from their backwards ideas (or the complete lack of them) of equality: a woman's place is to stay at home and act as a house slave, sex toy and a birth-giving machine. That cuts 50% of the adult population straight out of the potential workforce. And since they are almost constantly pregnant and go for large families of at least 4-6 children, they can't work even if they wouldn't be mostly uneducated and unable to perform the simplest of work in a modern society. Instead they are colossal consumer of child support and social services, and when the kids reach school age, they usually require all kind of religion-based special treatment and arrangements. All that costs lots of money and contributes nothing positive.

Wrong. The majority are women, children and families. Get your facts straight.
    no im being serious, are you trolling? go do some proper research and you will see that most refugees are grown men.

people like you are the reason why Europe is falling into chaos
    warp field to weaken its armor, let it close, then tech armor! - Turian hipster

Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    Robots are better
    Robots are always better.

Or Japan could begin investment and see growth without ever having to take in one refugee. One guy's opinion at IMF isn't the only option Japan has to see growth.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Japan hires something like 10 people for a job that requires 1 or 2 people.

Well its a good idea in theory but most refugees don't work and leech off taxpayers.
    And on top of that japan is one of the most xenophobic countries in the world with extreme work ethics.
    And really strict culture and standards and from my experience with refugees.

Most of them expect the country to adapt to there culture and standards.
    Hell most of them cant even be bothered to learn the langue beyond the most basic of basic and needs a translator for most conversations.

It flat out would not work in japan without causing a major uproar from the Japanese people.

Japan is smart. They dont open their doors to let the plague in.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RoboA View Post
    people like you are the reason why Europe is falling into chaos
    Quoted for truth!