Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Genn is golden middle between pacifist Anduin and bloodlust Roger.
    Genn is utterly unreliable though and no matter how I look at it I cannot see him as an Alliance character, just as self serving asshole, biding his time for revenge and the reclamation of gilneas.

They lost Magni as king. Plust Dun Morogh was assaulted by Dark Iron and Legion.
    That is hardly suffering in the warcraft universe, the humans lost 6 kingdoms
    The dreanei lost 80% of their population
    The gnomes lost 80% of their population
    The gilneans lost their kingdom and some are cursed
    Pandaria was turned upside down by the sha, mogu, mantid and the horde alliance war
    The night lost their immortality, the legion tore through their home, then the horde marched through it shortly afterwards.

Losing magni as a king wasn't bad it brought the 3 clans back together being assaulted is in no where near the same as downright destruction, the dwarves have suffered once they loose at least 40% of their entire population, before that they have suffered pretty much nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
    When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.
    IMHO i think this refers not directly to the Alliance, but the Alliance of the world, in this case, maybe the Varlahar, Sylvanas did pointed out that she was going to hunt down Eiyr even if she had to strike the halls of valors itself, so maybe that's the throne that will run red with betrayal, the hole place that will burn and where the shattered mask will hang.

Speaking of people mysteriously MIA who shouldn't be, I'm a bit suspicious about Thrall. Last I heard, he had lost touch with the Doomhammer and the elements. I can't help but wonder if perhaps he's having some changes, another Gul'dan type scenario in the works?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    IMHO i think this refers not directly to the Alliance, but the Alliance of the world, in this case, maybe the Varlahar, Sylvanas did pointed out that she was going to hunt down Eiyr even if she had to strike the halls of valors itself, so maybe that's the throne that will run red with betrayal, the hole place that will burn and where the shattered mask will hang.
    To the Alliance:
    Varimathras: So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
    Varimathras: When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the true darkness closing in around you.

To the Horde:
    Varimathras: So, she found me at last. Sent her underlings to finish the job.
    Varimathras: Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the darkness in your midst.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=267182/p...logue-spoilers
    jaina is the traitor to the alliance

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Derailed? Emo? Do you have the capacity to understand the kind of suffering she's been through? Are you really incapable of empathy?
    I do and I am I just don't like her. She helped them kill her father by allowing it to happen even blaming her father for it and her hatred of the Horde should have been significantly quenched the moment her old BFF gave Garrosh a hand job on Draenor. She can still be pissed off about Aethas but to give the Alliance, the Horde and the Kirin Tor a big middle finger as a whole when they likely needed her the most doesn't win her any kind of sympathy.

So while she's sulking away off screen we're all doing the heavy lifting together to push back what is arguably the biggest threat we've seen on Azeroth since The Great Sundering.

And before I get pegged as a Horde fanboy who dreams about Sylvanas being my waifu, I don't really give a shit about her either.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2017-07-08 at 08:46 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Jaina has been betraying the Alliance since MoP
    How exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

I'd like to see a complete twist and see it be Moira, not Jaina.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

can't believe what WoW has done to some characters (Thrall, Jaina, Illidan etc).

10+ Year Old Account
    Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Solar System, Earth, European Union, Croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    To the Alliance:
    Varimathras: So, your Alliance still endures. Longer than I expected, though she has already planted the seeds of its downfall. She is patient, that one.
    Varimathras: When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know. And it will be too late.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the true darkness closing in around you.

To the Horde:
    Varimathras: So, she found me at last. Sent her underlings to finish the job.
    Varimathras: Tell me, when she seized your throne of hides and bones, was your allegiance forced? No... I'd wager you surrendered it willingly... or were convinced you did.
    Varimathras: It matters not. You are blind to the darkness in your midst.
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=267182/p...logue-spoilers
    jaina is the traitor to the alliance
    Why would it be Jaina, lol? If he's referring to Sylvanas when speaking to the Horde (and he obviously is), then it's going to be the same person when it comes to the Alliance (you might argue against this, with some success, if not for the mention of the shattered mask). This is Varimathras, not just anyone. The two have history.

Besides, Jaina is not patient. Not the last Jaina, not this Jaina. She was impulsive before, she's impulsive as fuck now. Sylvanas, on the other hand, is the most chill character with the most devious plans of all faction leaders, and deviousness requires patience.
    Last edited by Wikiy; 2017-07-08 at 09:05 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I'd like to see a complete twist and see it be Moira, not Jaina.
    And in a surprise twist make the dark iron dwarf evil? Not even Blizzard writing is that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    Enslaving the Sunreavers cost us bringing the Blood Elves into the Alliance, her constant warmongering with the Horde, undermining Varian's leadership, the list goes on - I hope we can finally be rid of her.
    You have an extraordinarily loose definition of betrayal. You do realize she didn't intentionally sabotage Varian's efforts to bring the blood elves into the Alliance because she didn't know about it, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggered Fridgekin View Post
    And before I get pegged as a Horde fanboy who dreams about Sylvanas being my waifu, I don't really give a shit about her either.
    Don't even try, it'll not save you. I keep saying that by years but still doesn't prevent me to be labeled as "Sylvanas white knighter". You either start spouting nonsense out of feelings or you're a subscribed member of teh circlejerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Deleted
    The Horde part is definitely Sylvanas.

However, for the Alliance part, anyone that thinks it is talking solely about Sylvanas are ignoring the thrid sentence:

"When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know."

The shattered mask part, sure, I can buy that it has something to do with the Forsaken, but how is Sylvanas going to betray the Alliance? It cannot be the death of Varian thing, because otherwise the holy places would already have been burnt and every house been given a decorated to mask to hang on the wall. This is because "When" refers to what happens at or during the time said betrayel, so it makes no sense. So how is she going to betray the Alliance after the death of Varian, when there is no trust to betray? I doubt she'll ever regain whatever trust they had in her before Varians death. If anything Varimathras is saying is even true, this part cannot refer to Sylvanas.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post

However, for the Alliance part, anyone that thinks it is talking solely about Sylvanas are ignoring the thrid sentence:

"When your thrones run red with betrayal... when your holy places burn and the shattered mask hangs above your hearth... only then you will know."

The shattered mask part, sure, I can buy that it has something to do with the Forsaken, but how is Sylvanas going to betray the Alliance? It cannot be the death of Varian thing, because otherwise the holy places would already have been burnt and every house been given a decorated to mask to hang on the wall. This is because "When" refers to what happens at or during the time said betrayel, so it makes no sense. So how is she going to betray the Alliance after the death of Varian, when there is no trust to betray? I doubt she'll ever regain whatever trust they had in her before Varians death. If anything Varimathras is saying is even true, this part cannot refer to Sylvanas.
    Well either somone within Stormwind is working for Sylvanas and will betray the humans OR this isgoing to lead to a plot hole OR this is just nonesense from a half crazy dreadlord with a grudge against Sylvanas.

It is fucking baffling that this thread is 10 pages of people talking about how this could possibly be referring to anyone but Sylvanas.

ITS SYLVANAS.

Why would Varimathras be talking about Jaina? Why would Varimathras have any fucking clue what Jaina is doing? Why would Jaina have anything to do with a shattered mask, which is the literal symbol of the Forsaken.
    Beta Club Brosquad

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathquoi View Post
    It is fucking baffling that this thread is 10 pages of people talking about how this could possibly be referring to anyone but Sylvanas.

ITS SYLVANAS.

Why would Varimathras be talking about Jaina? Why would Varimathras have any fucking clue what Jaina is doing? Why would Jaina have anything to do with a shattered mask, which is the literal symbol of the Forsaken.
    Obviously its because shes a dreadlord!

/S
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sadpants View Post

None of your post makes any sense. The Alliance still officially has a tenuous truce with the Horde. That's why they worked together at the Broken Shore, that's why Genn's operation to Stormheim and conflict with the Forsaken is not an open war. There is still some level of trust between the Horde and Alliance.

The shattered mask can literally only refer to one thing. If you can point to one other "shattered mask" that makes any sense in the context of this reference I'd love to hear it.
    Beta Club Brosquad

10+ Year Old Account
    I went from hating Jania to falling in love with her character, her progress into passion is Awesome almost worth coming back if they go with her.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Red herrings the entire time. The quotes from Varimathras have to be about Sylvanas. He has literally no interaction with Jaina Proudmoore at any point whatsoever. The shattered mask comment is clearly about the Forsaken, as well.

And as much as certain butthurt Horde fans might want to pretend otherwise, Jaina isn't crazy. She just doesn't like the Horde. She doesn't even really hate them anymore, she just mistrusts them. And while some people take that as frothing insanity, the reality is that she's just become a mistrustful Alliance leader along the lines of Genn.

If Jaina suddenly showed up with Kul Tiras and attacked the Alliance, that would be the biggest and worst-done heel turn that Warcraft has ever had, even worse than the absolutely asinine botched job that they did on Garrosh to suddenly make him a super evil villain instead of just a headstrong ignorant Orc.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2017-07-08 at 11:11 PM.

Some people need to stop listening to the Dagger and the Dreadlords, you know, beings that historically turn civilizations and groups agaisn't one another.