Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I forget whats the longest we've gone from the instance opening on Mythic/Heroic to the endboss dying in modern (MOP/WOD/Legion) times?
    Archimonde took 16 Days
    you have Ra-Dan on 30 Days but he was with limited attempts
    Before that you need to go to Cata first tier for Month+

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NirmalaZdC View Post
    Wrong. Every single Stack increases Armor-DR%.
    I'm at 84.66% when at 3 stacks and the cap is 85%.

I doubt Exorsus and Method tweets are saying that nerfs are too slow, I bet its more that they are trying strats that are cheesy kinda like using Blood DKs on mistress for hydra shots and they are getting fixed but not within 2 hours of them trying it but instead a day later so a full day of progress beforehand is wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherblood View Post
    I doubt Exorsus and Method tweets are saying that nerfs are too slow, I bet its more that they are trying strats that are cheesy kinda like using Blood DKs on mistress for hydra shots and they are getting fixed but not within 2 hours of them trying it but instead a day later so a full day of progress beforehand is wasted.
    The fact that both Method and Exorsus, the only two guilds currently on Kil'jaeden, made tweets (on the same day) about Blizzard not testing bosses, suggests that they are referring to Kil'jaeden.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Cultist View Post
    The fact that both Method and Exorsus, the only two guilds currently on Kil'jaeden, made tweets (on the same day) about Blizzard not testing bosses, suggests that they are referring to Kil'jaeden.
    I know, that was exactly my point, I was talking about hydra shot thing as an example. I'm saying they were possibly doing something cheesy on KJ just like cheesing hydra shot which got fixed.

Deleted
    goblin racechanges

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesmarcus View Post
    goblin racechanges
    Mobile Banking so broken right now
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

It's interesting that Sco really seems to be letting his feelings be known about the encounter design a lot more this time around.

He just remarked on twitter about Avatar and KJ having soak mechanics for meteors that cause wipes if not dealt with and called it an over used 'slow down progression' mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    It's interesting that Sco really seems to be letting his feelings be known about the encounter design a lot more this time around.

He just remarked on twitter about Avatar and KJ having soak mechanics for meteors that cause wipes if not dealt with and called it an over used 'slow down progression' mechanic.
    hmm seems to be crying a lot lately, did that girl make him soft?

10+ Year Old Account
    Old age does that to you sometimes.

Maybe its time to retire to Hearthstone?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

He's probably just frustrated, we don't know how long the actual hotfixes take, so if it's like couple of days it might be tilting to just wait for something. He's completely right about soaking though, it's not an interesting mechanic that's overused in ToS and forces you to stack certain classes. Especially when it's two incredibly hard bosses in a row, must be annoying.

did that girl make him soft?
    Women are always at fault of everything, AIMIRITE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FareweII View Post
    He's probably just frustrated, we don't know how long the actual hotfixes take, so if it's like couple of days it might be tilting to just wait for something. He's completely right about soaking though, it's not an interesting mechanic that's overused in ToS and forces you to stack certain classes. Especially when it's two incredibly hard bosses in a row, must be annoying.

Women are always at fault of everything, AIMIRITE
    Ya, their is a chance they were told about hotfixes coming out & they been bashing their heads waiting for the hotfixes.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

I mean it's a valid criticism imo. Blizzard has become so devoid of creativity encounter wise that they basically have to put in "do this or everyone dies and you do it again" mechanics to make things "difficult" and when you get it on all these bosses in the same raid it just feels so fucking lame

Deleted
    I mean it's a valid criticism imo. Blizzard has become so devoid of creativity encounter wise that they basically have to put in "do this or everyone dies and you do it again" mechanics to make things "difficult" and when you get it on all these bosses in the same raid it just feels so fucking lame
    Honestly making so many encounters using the same engine cant possibly get repetitive some way or another.

People think you can just make crazy fun encounters every boss, every tier, every expansion with a few idea makers alone.
    Even if the ideas are good, they have to fit so many criteria's for them to be implemented into a raid boss in wow it would make your head spin.

That's nearly every boss in the game until you overgear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Honestly making so many encounters using the same engine cant possibly get repetitive some way or another.

People think you can just make crazy fun encounters every boss, every tier, every expansion with a few idea makers alone.
    Even if the ideas are good, they have to fit so many criteria's for them to be implemented into a raid boss in wow it would make your head spin.
    i want them to use Neff's class call out mechanic from vanilla again
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

From what I heard every Armageddon in Mythic KJ has 10 small swirls. That's pretty damn nuts, and more or less ensures that a class that cannot effectively soak is close to dead weight when it comes to that mechanic. I wonder what Method refers to when it comes to QA testing the encounters, is the damage just too high or are some mechanics buggy?

It does feel like the tuning is a bit weird when the first 7 bosses are more or less speed bumps (save for Mistress post fix) but the last 2 are insane gear and/or mechanics checks. That sort of thing happens in most tiers, but seems exacerbated in ToS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Literally what the fuck are you even talking about? Every single mechanic in the game boils down to repeating "do something or you, somebody else, or the raid dies."

It has nothing to do with the lack of creativity and everything to do with the concept of fucking raiding lol.

For that matter, every single game involving combat has this concept. Have you ever played a video game prior to WoW before?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

The problem right now, it seems, isn't that there are mechanics resulting in a wipe (or death). As was rightfully said, that's been at the very definition of raiding since its inception.

The problem is that those mechanics tend to all be "soak"-type mechanics right now. Or, well, not all, but a disproportionate amount of them compared to other raids, and in noticeable clusters. X people have to get hit by Y things, or everyone dies. Repeat Z times at various parts of the encounter. THAT is what annoys people, not the fact that the raid's survival hinges on personal responsibility per se.

Are there any US raiders who are good enough to be on Method's "A" team? If so, who?