Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What is the fate of Frostmourn?

Is it broken for good, will it ever return?

How could it be repaired and who would be powerful enough to do that?

My understanding was it can trap souls, could it be changed?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The shards were reformed into Shadowmourne.

The hilt and the remainer of the blade was formed into the frost DK weps

To rebuild Frostmourne you must retcon Shadowmourne and the Frost DK weps, or some how plan a story line where both of those weapons are some how worth destroying in order to rebuild Frostmourne.

The only thing I can think of that would think that would be worthwhile would be a Dreadlord. I have a feeling Dreadlords aren't going to be fucking around with Azeroth much after Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wasn't it split in two and made into leveling gear for Frost DKs? It's fate will probably be the same as everyone else's artifacts, be replaced by questing greens next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    What? No shadowmourne doesnt have any shards from frostmourne? It has fragments of the Frozen Throne, but not frostmourne.

Frostmourne was reforged into Icebringer and Frostreaper, And it was the burning legion who crafted frostmourne, Dont know if they are so kind to recraft it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuffe View Post
    What? No shadowmourne doesnt have any shards from frostmourne? It has fragments of the Frozen Throne, but not frostmourne.

Frostmourne was reforged into Icebringer and Frostreaper, And it was the burning legion who crafted frostmourne, Dont know if they are so kind to recraft it.
    This, Shadowmourn has exactly 0 pieces of Frostmourne in it.. Lorewise we didn't even kill Arthas until we already had Shadowmourne, Frostmourne was still completely intact at the time of Shadowmourne's construction and empowerment.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Frostmourne isn't part of Shadowmourne. The shards used to create Shadowmourne were shadowfrost shards, which IIRC are peices of the ice that broke off of the frozen throne. It wouldn't make much sense to craft a weapon for the purpose of going toe to toe with Frostmourne, only to have the final componants to complete the weapon be the broken pieces of the weapon you were building it to counter, a weapon which at the time you didn't even know was going to break. xD

Back on topic though, Frostmourne was already reforged into the frost deathknight artifacts.

Slightly off topic again though, anyone else wonder WHY the shards of Frostmourne were made into frost deathknight weapons? Yeah, I get it, it has frost in the name... BUT if you think about it long enough, Frostmourne/s power set has basically nothing to do with Frost Dks at all. It steals souls, it raises large numbers of undead, quickly, it binds undead, it creates greater undead AND it's power increases every time it raises new undead. It's entire toolkit is the matches the UNHOLY toolkit almost perfectly.

Even going as far as looking at the abilities the lich king uses specifically, what does he use? Plagues, Val'kyr, army of the dead, deathcoil... The only frost ability I can think of him using EVER is remorseless winter, and neither time is it the primary thing to worry about in the encounter.

It's kind of silly really, when you consider that unholy's fantasy is to be the lich king, but they don't get his weapon because it goes to the spec who's fantasy is apparently to pretend to be a frostwyrm.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaelyn View Post
    Frostmourne isn't part of Shadowmourne. The shards used to create Shadowmourne were shadowfrost shards, which IIRC are peices of the ice that broke off of the frozen throne. It wouldn't make much sense to craft a weapon for the purpose of going toe to toe with Frostmourne, only to have the final componants to complete the weapon be the broken pieces of the weapon you were building it to counter, a weapon which at the time you didn't even know was going to break. xD

Back on topic though, Frostmourne was already reforged into the frost deathknight artifacts.

Slightly off topic again though, anyone else wonder WHY the shards of Frostmourne were made into frost deathknight weapons? Yeah, I get it, it has frost in the name... BUT if you think about it long enough, Frostmourne/s power set has basically nothing to do with Frost Dks at all. It steals souls, it raises large numbers of undead, quickly, it binds undead, it creates greater undead AND it's power increases every time it raises new undead. It's entire toolkit is the matches the UNHOLY toolkit almost perfectly.

Even going as far as looking at the abilities the lich king uses specifically, what does he use? Plagues, Val'kyr, army of the dead, deathcoil... The only frost ability I can think of him using EVER is remorseless winter, and neither time is it the primary thing to worry about in the encounter.

It's kind of silly really, when you consider that unholy's fantasy is to be the lich king, but they don't get his weapon because it goes to the spec who's fantasy is apparently to pretend to be a frostwyrm.
    Yeah, it's kind of like Tyr's Hammer for Holy Paladins. Considering Tyr was meant to be a symbol of retribution and had a battle prowess who could thwart the Black Empire... Including others like Ragnaros, sometimes they just throw it in to match. That and people would cry tears of rage not being about to use Ashbringer.

The only thing I will say is he used Frostmourne to raise Sindragosa whom being a frostwyrm and threw a dog of bone with "Breath of Sindragosa" and that jazz, it follows that vein albeit very weak and fickle as the one you stated.

Also, the Naztherim crafted the Frostmourne though not sure if that too has suffered a nice retcon itself. Have to wait for more Chronicles.

I don't think it will return to player's hands, people have thought that maybe Bolvar will reclaim it since the original Lich King wielded it and basically used it to help with his dominion over the Scourge. Who knows really.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Is it broken for good, will it ever return?

How could it be repaired and who would be powerful enough to do that?

My understanding was it can trap souls, could it be changed?
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Blades_of_the_Fallen_Prince

Deleted
    Why Shadowmourne was not made into the Blood DK weapon, Lore only knows.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jadhak View Post
    Why Shadowmourne was not made into the Blood DK weapon, Lore only knows.
    For the simple reason that we already had access to Shadowmourne, and not exclusively on Death Knights.

In other words, because it's already been used as a player weapon.

Weren't the shards reforged into those twin blades for Frost DK's?
    [CENTER]
    ~ Just an aussie trawling the wastes of Dath'Remar since '07 ~

7+ Year Old Account

The hilt and the remainer of the blade was formed into the frost DK weps

To rebuild Frostmourne you must retcon Shadowmourne and the Frost DK weps, or some how plan a story line where both of those weapons are some how worth destroying in order to rebuild Frostmourne.

The only thing I can think of that would think that would be worthwhile would be a Dreadlord. I have a feeling Dreadlords aren't going to be fucking around with Azeroth much after Legion.
    what? no the shards were not reformed into shadowmourne
    what the utter fuck are you talking about?
    how could the shards be made into shadowmourne when you lore wise kill him WITH shadowmourne!?
    The frost artifact weapons are made from the shards of frostmourne, shadowmourne is made from exactly 0% of frostmourne
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Parts of Frostmourne have been used to make the artifact for frost DK's, the actual weapons also resemble Frostmourne a lot. I'd say its definately worth to do this artifact chain as its really neat lorewise.

7+ Year Old Account
    It became the blades of the fallen prince?

Formerly known as Arafal

I like how someone with 18000 posts and DK in his signature doesnt know what happens to frostmourne.

My skrub level 110 DK has it and he uses it a butt scratcher and will most likely pawn it for booze when the xpac ends!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    I like how someone with 18000 posts and DK in his signature doesnt know what happens to frostmourne.
    Postcount has never been a good indicator for knowledge or quality. I see plenty of people with several thousand posts that just post complete and utter crap 99% of the time. And I've seen people with less than 500 posts that are top quality regarding the topic of the thread they post in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Wasn't it split in two and made into leveling gear for Frost DKs? It's fate will probably be the same as everyone else's artifacts, be replaced by questing greens next expansion.
    lol - this.

One never knows, but it seems pretty certain Frostmourne is "gone." They'd have an easier time just making a new Frostmourne-like weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    In other words, because it's already been used as a player weapon.
    But wasnt Thunderfury also used as a weapon, but Shaman take it from the "dead" tauren who dies to a corehound.
    Last edited by squirecam; 2017-07-10 at 06:25 PM.