Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caractacus View Post
    Yea C'Thun was so powerful it owned at tournaments and was in virtually every deck which lead to it being nerfed to shit..... oh wait that never happened.
    Aside from absurdly suggesting that C'Thun was at all dominant, it's apparently not enough that you got it for free. You should get the entire deck for free.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    And here is problem. If you didin't get any decent cards what you can used with C'Thun on most classes, you lose fast. For example, look on warrior cards what syngeries with C'Thun.
    Most C'Thun cards weren't high rarity cards, outside of Vek'Lor (which could easily be crafted) and Blade of C'Thun (which was expensive and a big tempo loss if you were way behind on board).

15+ Year Old Account
    And here is problem. If you didin't get any decent cards what you can used with C'Thun on most classes, you lose fast. For example, look on warrior cards what syngeries with C'Thun.
    ???

Beckoner, Twilight Elder, Disciple and C'thuns Chosen were the core C'thun cards, and C'thun decks used these plus one or two others (class cards, Twin Emps and Doomcaller). Of those four, only Disciple was rare and the others were common - hell, you even got both Beckoners for free with C'thun

Crafting doubles of all four core cards was 360 dust total. Literally everyone could do that.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I might come back just to try the insanity that is Zombie beasts. There are so many combinations that are ludicrously OP.
    Yeah. Most of the early comments are poo-pooing it, but after playing with the calculator it seems pretty insane if you can draw the game out so you can generate and play a Zombeast every turn.

Some of the best:

Vicious Fledgeling + Stonetusk Boar. No explanation needed.
    Dispatch Kodo + Emperor Cobra/Giant Wasp/Stubborn Gastropod. Big Poisonous minion that kills anything with it's Battlecry.
    Bittertide Hydra + Stonetusk Boar. 6-mana 9/9 with Charge.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

The only card warrior needed outside the normal C'thun cards was rare quality. I'm not sure why you think C'thun was that bad in terms of balance honestly, aside from the deck being almost everywhere at the start, it wasn't anything ridiculous, or P2W.

The problem with the DK Hunter hero power is that its kinda slow and Hunter has historically been a tempo driven, aggressive class.

Think about it like this: you spend 2 mana to start building. Then you have to spend mana to play said minion, and its mana cost is the cost of two minions combined so its going to be quite high. And then of course you have to play the RNG game, so you could end up getting some terrible beast and in essence waste 2 mana.

It'll be interesting to play with, but unless there are new cards or a new meta that allows/favors Control Hunter, I don't see it being that great.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    Yeah. Most of the early comments are poo-pooing it, but after playing with the calculator it seems pretty insane if you can draw the game out so you can generate and play a Zombeast every turn.

Some of the best:

Vicious Fledgeling + Stonetusk Boar. No explanation needed.
    Dispatch Kodo + Emperor Cobra/Giant Wasp/Stubborn Gastropod. Big Poisonous minion that kills anything with it's Battlecry.
    Bittertide Hydra + Stonetusk Boar. 6-mana 9/9 with Charge.
    Dreadscale + Gastropod/Cobra/Wasp

Either 5 mana 5/4 taunt, or 6 mana 6/5, or 6 mana 6/4 stealth, that wipes the board at the end of each turn

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    The problem with the DK Hunter hero power is that its kinda slow and Hunter has historically been a tempo driven, aggressive class.

Think about it like this: you spend 2 mana to start building. Then you have to spend mana to play said minion, and its mana cost is the cost of two minions combined so its going to be quite high. And then of course you have to play the RNG game, so you could end up getting some terrible beast and in essence waste 2 mana.

It'll be interesting to play with, but unless there are new cards or a new meta that allows/favors Control Hunter, I don't see it being that great.
    This. Aggro decks beat control hunter, as do combo decks. Any control that doesn't depend on rng to pop out a big threat, and which can be played without having to use a '2 mana, do nothing' hero power turn will be preferred over zombeasts.

Freebies upcoming too it seems-

http://www.hearthpwn.com/news/2985-f...en-throne-card

-The Frost Festival will last at least 3 weeks long according to game files.
    -Each week during the festival you will get a free arena run.
    -Each week you will be able to earn a Frozen Throne card pack if you play 3 arena games.
    -Additionally, everyone starts each run with a free win. Yay extra rewards!

The gist of it basically.

15+ Year Old Account
    I like free stuff =)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Aside from absurdly suggesting that C'Thun was at all dominant, it's apparently not enough that you got it for free. You should get the entire deck for free.
    It's not free if it's worthless to start with.

So not even getting the entire deck for free is OK because it wasn't good.

Presumably, tier 1 decks should be given to players for free on a rotating basis.

15+ Year Old Account
    So not even getting the entire deck for free is OK because it wasn't good.

Presumably, tier 1 decks should be given to players for free on a rotating basis.
    Blizz could give away 10k gold to every player on login for free, and people would complain that it wasn't 20k

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    A new class is never going to happen. It becomes even less likely as time goes on. The new class would be incredibly disadvantaged outside of Standard as the cardpool disparity between it and the existing classes is only going to get worse and worse, never mind what I already mentioned about how the set that introduced it would have to be practically nothing but cards for that class. We already have serious class identity and balance problems with the existing classes. They just showed how they want to implement something like Death Knight and it isn't a new class.

The main problem with the new DK mechanic is that quests just showed Blizzard has little to no idea how to make marquee build-around-me legendaries attractive, and when they do (Crystal Core) it got nerfed anyway.
    In theory they could, if they had enough cards to fit into a class. There are plenty of minions already in the game that could fill as undead class cards for the DK. They'd have to probably change a lot of the existing Naxx cards to actually have synergy with a DK class. Class spells wouldn't be hard to create either. It's just a lot of the Naxx cards would have to be mandatory Standard or become class specific cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    The CCG genre is flawed by nature. To talk about being given pieces of the game for 'free' is totally meaningless in real world terms.

I wouldn't complain that 10k or even 100k wasn't enough. I complain that you have to 'collect' pieces of the game over huge chunks of time which brings us back to CCG's again which I've already said are flawed as a game concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    The CCG genre is flawed by nature. To talk about being given pieces of the game for 'free' is totally meaningless in real world terms.

I wouldn't complain that 10k or even 100k wasn't enough. I complain that you have to 'collect' pieces of the game over huge chunks of time which brings us back to CCG's again which I've already said are flawed as a game concept.
    That's not a flaw, it's right in the CCG. Collectible Card Games. It's not solitaire if that's what you're expecting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That's not a flaw, it's right in the CCG. Collectible Card Games. It's not solitaire if that's what you're expecting.
    Exactly what I'm saying CCG's are a flawed genre. You're looking at it from inside the box of course you won't see a flaw. Any game you 'collect' over time is BS.

CCG's should be classed as a hobby/pastime they're not 'games' and they're all fanboy oriented.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-07-12 at 07:08 AM.

Exactly what I'm saying CCG's are a flawed genre. You're looking at it from inside the box of course you won't see a flaw. Any game you 'collect' over time is BS.

CCG's should be classed as a hobby/pastime they're not 'games' and they're all fanboy oriented.
    That still doesn't make it a flaw. It just means you don't like that aspect.

They're still games, and there are people who enjoy the collecting part, just like there are people who enjoy collecting pets and mounts in WoW. That doesn't suddenly make them a fanboy though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That still doesn't make it a flaw. It just means you don't like that aspect.
    It's a flawed genre because you don't buy the complete game but collect it via a lottery scheme using money to accelerate, you're not on a level playing field with others playing the same 'game'. This has been discussed to death and many people agree with me. You are entitled to your opinion as I am of mine.
    Last edited by Twoddle; 2017-07-12 at 03:21 PM.

It's a flawed genre because you don't buy the complete game but collect it via a lottery scheme using money to accelerate, you're not on a level playing field with others playing the same 'game'. This has been discussed to death and many people agree with me. You are entitled to your opinion as I am of mine.
    Except what's been discussed to death is how drastic the difference is, not whether it's actually a "flaw" or not, and certainly never if it's still considered a game or not.