Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    and the tennischarade keeps on rolling
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    Japan is like a lot of aging nations. A lot of its people have stopped breeding. Europe's solution was to allow terrorist in to work the factories. Japan doesn't see this as a reasonable solution. If they can get robots to do it than so be it. Better than a terrorist until Skynet takes over.

Anyway, good for Japan. More countries should follow their example.
    Last edited by mmoc8e6adafa1d; 2017-07-08 at 08:50 PM.

Why do the Japanese care if no ones banging? They live forever over there, they're like elves of Middle Earth

10+ Year Old Account
    The amount of stupidity in these type of threads is always endless.

Few things, not all immigration is good there are requirements beyond just it being a person. Language would be a large barrier without doubt in Japan so would be the basic education requirement both things you can work as country but it does mean it will be future generations of immigrants would add to your economy depending on how you handled the situation, so it is not all this black and white as people want it to be on both sides of the argument. Also if you want workers you look at economic migration not taking on refugees, there's no platform in any nation to take on every type of immigrant or refugee just because of the immigrants safety, no nation does this, none. Every nation is still looking at their own interest first or at the collective interest of a group of nations (europe fex) anyone claiming we should let anyone in is dumb and anyone believing we are already doing it is twice as dumb, since the first one can be blamed on being naive the latter just means you're too dumb to be able to read the proper news sources and be informed.

Same goes for people claiming Europe is falling into chaos, and don't start about terrorism, terrorism in Europe barely makes any victims at all. That's not to downplay the personal loss of those who lost someone but it really is nothing you're probably more likely to die getting hit by a car than you are by a terrorist, but the media likes to put their spotlight on it all the damn time making it look like god knows what's happening. There hasn't been any major events yet that created chaos in this century, so if you believe terrorism is a major security threat as how it's currently being handled you need a good smack in the head, since clearly your parents did something very wrong and so did those who had the ungrateful task of trying to educated your feeble mind. You want to see chaos created by immigration? Look after the second world war. The cold war, the riots and attacks from communists trying to overthrow, violent crime gangs and so forth.

Japan has always been more closed off and so suddenly expecting this to change is simply stupid. The refugee crisis is also not their problem at all. They have barely any activity in the middle east what we are responsible for, setting off those fires and making sure they kept on burning. They also are not tied to the EU part from some trade deals so its' not at all comparable to certain european nations claiming it's not their problem while it pretty much is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Good on Japan. A super packed country doesn't need leeching refugees.

Deleted
    I think Japan has learned from Europe.

How can continuously growing the population to feed economic growth be the answer for a country like Japan that has so little land for building on ? What happens in the future when there is literally no more space ? The attitude of "worry about that later" doesn't seem smart to me. Just build upwards and squeeze people into smaller and smaller living spaces ?... what a wonderful future.

Quote Originally Posted by Slirith View Post
    Good on Japan. A super packed country doesn't need leeching refugees.
    getting the country even more packed is good for the economy which is good for everyone.

really japan's only problem is it's too Japanese (ew!), it needs more black and white men. get that Japanese demographic down to 60% ASAP.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2017-07-08 at 11:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    The same way Canadian women and children (of working age) finds jobs.
    Uh what? Kids should be in school not working. Should be worrying about university and good grades. Cmon man..

10+ Year Old Account
    Most women take significant time off work for maternity leave and to care for young children. This is common sense and the decent thing to do.
    Why shouldn't men be afforded the same considerations? It is common sense and the decent thing to do.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Why shouldn't men be afforded the same considerations? It is common sense and the decent thing to do.
    Why shouldn't they? Does your country allow men the same considerations?

Japan is by far the most xenophobic country in the civilized world. It isn't just the government doing everything in its power to stop you from migrating there. Your neighbours will also do everything they can to show you that you're not welcome. And that's if you're a hard-working and well-educated person coming from a civilized country.

Most of the so-called refugees are entitled lazy bums with next to no education, and even if they have education, it's simply not up to the standards of a civilized country, especially a country that has as rigid education system as Japan. The language barrier is also huge. Many of the so-called refugees speak English, but guess what - Japanese don't. So in a theoretical attempt of putting refugees in Japan, they would be put in a situation of extreme (if concealed) hostility of their neighbours and work colleagues, a complete language barrier and discrimination from the Japanese gov't.

It wouldn't help them at all and it would only cause problems for Japan. Japan is simply headed for a demographical disaster. It's enough to learn the country's history to see that it's running in cycles of uncontrolled population growth during periods of stabilization and catastrophic events (mostly civil wars) culling a significant portion of the population. There won't be a civil war this time around, but once the population ages even more, the economy is going to break down and Japan will face a series of problems that it won't be able to fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of Canada is fine with this seeing as we voted in a government who is in favour of us taking in our fair share. Get on board.
    But you aren't taking your 'fair share', according to the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development; the number of asylum seekers (thats refugees) that Canada has taken in measures up at 0.11%... not 1%, not 11%... 11/100 of a percent. Sweden on the other hand which is 1/3rd the population of Canada has taken in 16 times the number as Canada...

Which leaves Canada gasping to reach 21st place, meaning countries such as Luxembourg, Sweden, Norway, Greece, Turkey, Israel, the US, and the UK are all doing MORE for refugees than Canada.

In the event you want to talk about raw numbers... lets talk about that. OECD, source UNHCR.
    Canada struggles to reach 14th, behind countries like Germany, USA, Turkey, Italy, Sweden, France, Austria, UK, Switzerland, Netherlands, Greece, Belgium and Australia.

So it seems that despite being further away from the crisis places like Australia are doing more for refugees than Canada. And despite being a fraction of Canada's physical size and a fraction of Canada's population places like Sweden are doing, while you are pretending.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. The majority are women, children and families. Get your facts straight.
    Yes, the majority that Canada cherry picked may have been women and children, however, countries that are actually doing something take in men as well. Perhaps you should talk to your PM about his sexist, discriminatory, racist immigration and asylum policy about keeping brown men out of your country.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you knew even a shred of info about Japan. You know they would not hire refugees at all. You are more than welcome to come visit them as tourists. But god help you if you are trying to live there. They will shut you out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. It takes everyone time to find jobs. So it is simply racist and xenophobic to expect refugees to find jobs asap/
    what is racist or xenophobic about wanting people to contribute to their own care and support? Please, explain.

Deleted
    Introducing an arabic-mediterranean culture into one of most traditional asian nations. I would laugh but the lack of any common sense make me actually cry.

Deleted
    Japan = Children of men.

Soon to be like the Panda bear.

Japan rejecting immigrants is okay because "muh cultural homogeneity and social capital (despite Japan not trusting themselves).

How would under educated regressive immigrants be better then a robot exactly?

Op sell me your biography. I keep getting Infracted for asking but I'm not making fun, I'm legit interested in what events cause a person to have such behavior, whether it's in earnest or not. It's fascinating.

Thats quite a bit but a year to learn a language is a long time