Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    That's not really their style since Ion is in charge. On last Blizzcon Nighthold was still months away and they didn't said a single word about it. They use this panels to say us things we don't know, not to increase the hype for upcoming patches (they use live Q&As for that).

And about reveal, we have two scenarios:

1) Gamescom reveal, it would probably be around 1 hour long, so we get solid piece of information. Then on Blizzcon they can show cinematic on opening ceremony and details on closed panels. After reveal they will be a lot of discussions about upcoming features, they will know what people want to know and prepare themselves better for Blizzcon panels.

2) Just 7.3 stuff on Gamescom (people will be dissapointed), than on Blizzcon just 15 minutes for new expansion reveal on opening ceremony (remember that Blizz have 4+ games that got spotlight), then more info on panels (but closed panels, most people that didn't pay a ticket won't see this live) just like in 1) scenario.

In your opinion, which scenario is better for them, their profits and meeting our expectations? Also, don't remember that expac usually launch one year after reveal. If reveal will happen month(s) after last big patch, we will have another huge content drought.
    Content draughts at the end of an expansion are to be expected. It has aways been that way, it will continue to be that way. Gives people time to clear the last raid of the expansion which is usually the hardest and longest .Then there's the expansion pre-patch.

ToS just opened 3 weeks ago, chances are the last tier won't open until late nov to mid december. So it will last 7-9 months, that's significantly less than ICC, DS, SoO, and HFC. On top of that, Argus is the biggest patch they've ever made.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Does anyone remember how it went with legion? Did they tell us something before gamescom, and if yes how long before the revelation?
    No, they didn't. Legion was announced at Gamescom 2015 and they only did that because a) The final Tier was already cleared on live servers and b) WoD was a massive commercial failure and put WoW into the "sinking ship" mode.

In your opinion, which scenario is better for them, their profits and meeting our expectations? Also, don't remember that expac usually launch one year after reveal. If reveal will happen month(s) after last big patch, we will have another huge content drought.
    Doesn't matter 8.0 or 7.3. Give us a War3 remastered announcement and I'm sold.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aviger View Post
    half-life 3 confirmed!
    It's patch 8.0, 2^3 is 8, so definitely confirmed.

Does anyone remember how it went with legion? Did they tell us something before gamescom, and if yes how long before the revelation?
    Few days before Gamescom we got confirmation that reveal will happen.

Few days before Gamescom we got confirmation that reveal will happen.
    Do you remember the source or anything? Want to check some things.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...lerie/2586013/

dunno if someone has posted this before. its from legion beta. so mans hints guys, its obvious..

Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    http://www.buffed.de/World-of-Warcra...lerie/2586013/

dunno if someone has posted this before. its from legion beta. so mans hints guys, its obvious..
    Oh wow, I forgot about this. I only remember the Kul Tiras NPC in those brawl quests which seems like a hint in hindsight as well.

It's quite low budget tho.
    I accept all fake login screens, no matter their budget!
    Last edited by Marlamin; 2017-07-09 at 09:09 AM.

Do you remember the source or anything? Want to check some things.
    It was just through social media: https://twitter.com/Warcraft/status/626437123512471553

That's enough, its the dates what is important to me.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    well they need to wait their turn, cause the new horde race will be ogres, this or riot
    Look, let's be honest about this. If they were ever serious about Ogres being a playable race, they'd have done it by now. They have had ample opportunity to do so. They could have easily been the Horde race in the Burning Crusade. They thought about offering them Cataclysm, but didn't. Warlords of Draenor was the last truly realistic time they could have been added.

Now, we are going to the South Seas (finally, the south seas has been teased EVERY expansion cycle. I remember a post a week before the WOTLK reveal that said we were going there and it was believed. This has been coming forever). If we are going to the south seas (we are, this datamined armour business is like the halloween masks heralding Cataclysm all over again) and IF we are getting new races, I can think of only two outcomes.

If the race is neutral, it will be Naga. I don't care how they fix the issue with the legs and mounts but I imagine they'll think of something.

If they do two races, one for each faction, one of those races will be Naga. And Naga will be Horde, because the Night Elves have a deep racial antipathy to the Naga and because the Night Elves themselves have the link to the Naga storywise the Horde currently lacks. A renegade Naga faction (who, let's say they set themselves up on the Lost Isles to reuse those assets and bring that zone back into the game) gives the Horde that connection and that stake in defeating Azshara.

If Naga go Horde as I expect, then the Alliance needs a race equally as exciting, equally demanded, who make sense in a maritime setting. That race I believe is the Vrykul.

I predict Horde Naga and Alliance Vrykul IF we get new races and IF each faction gets a new race rather than a neutral race. If the race is neutral, everyone gets Naga.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2017-07-09 at 10:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I predict Horde Naga and Alliance Vrykul IF we get new races and IF each faction gets a new race rather than a neutral race. If the race is neutral, everyone gets Naga.
    I hope neither naga nor vrykul become playable... really lame choices.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Anything is better than another Legion themed expansion. I hope we get lots of beautiful sandy beaches w palm trees and clear waters. Would be a nice change from all the....green
    Can't wait for that... I actually play the goblin zone from time to time because I really like it's second part art, it's just amazing. (Have to go through the mechano island though first )

we really need to get away from all the "demons and orcs" being the baddies, I want humans to betray, I want to fight pirates on a fucking ship while the enemies are actually BAD and not just demon infused by some higher power so they think they are the good ones. I want some real enemies that do fucked up shit

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope neither naga nor vrykul become playable... really lame choices.
    Naga and Vrykul are among the most requested races. If they are going to add new races in this coming South Seas expansion, they are top tier candidates to be added because not only are they demanded, they make sense within the context of the setting.

Quote Originally Posted by RippedLife View Post
    we really need to get away from all the "demons and orcs" being the baddies, I want humans to betray, I want to fight pirates on a fucking ship while the enemies are actually BAD and not just demon infused by some higher power so they think they are the good ones. I want some real enemies that do fucked up shit
    I think there's a pretty big change that we'll get all of this through Jaina (Alliance) and Sylvanas (Horde) in the next expansion.

So, I've been thinking about all of this last night, and before we got the Kul'Tiras map/clue thing, I actually made a topic about how the T21 sets could be clues to the next expansion, especially the Shaman and Hunter ones. For those who don't remember what they look like, this is the shaman T21 set:

So as you can see, it's clearly Zandalari-inspired, and my whole point was about it being a clue to the next expansion because it was too specificly not making any sense with the ToS raid. As for the Hunter set, it's the skin of a naga, which is quite strange when you think about it since there are literally NONE of them on Argus.

And then I remembered this, in Azsuna:

As you can see (we've talked about this previously) there are sailors from Kul'Tiras being held captive. What I didn't remember was them being alongside... Zandalari trolls! This could have been a clue to what's coming next. And maybe Blizzard called this quest file KulTiras_01 instead of SouthSeas_01 just not to spoil the whole thing.

What do you guys think?

People speculated for a while they would reveal at Gamescom last time. And they announced that there was going to be an expansion reveal about a week before so we won't know for sure until mid August.

I, for one, am 90% sure it'll be done at Gamescom again. It worked brilliantly last time and with Hazzikostas now in charge, I think the team has gotten better with content pacing. Gamescom announcement gives enough time for alpha/beta testing to begin around BlizzCon. If they waited until BlizzCon, we wouldn't begin testing until after the Christmas period. We'd end up having another long content drought and (yes, they may prove me wrong once again) but I truly believe the content pacing has improved and things can only go upwards from here.

Warlords of Draenor was the last truly realistic time they could have been added.
    Not really. Ogre Juggernaughts were a part of the Horde's naval presence during the Second War; I could see a sea-faring expansion making them playable.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    What do you guys think?
    I think the upcoming expansion will be awesome. Would love to see Trolls, Naga and Old Gods meddling in Kul'tiras and the South Seas.