The next xpac will have something to do with Destiny 2, even in the smallest of ways you watch

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    I would pick Murloc over Naga, that's not even up to discussion.
    Naga with exclusive boot ring thing around its TAIL!!?!?!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    In all honesty, I'd rather have intelligent murlocs over nagas. I've never been a fan of the idea of nagas as a playable race, I'd rather have them remain the villains, no exception. And murlocs are adoraaaaaable!
    Naga we know can speak, Murlocs would need to be totally fleshed out and somehow have evolved a discernable language somehow....gg blizz

Quote Originally Posted by gamgee76 View Post
    The next xpac will have something to do with Destiny 2, even in the smallest of ways you watch

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Naga we know can speak, Murlocs would need to be totally fleshed out and somehow have evolved a discernable language somehow....gg blizz
    Maybe some murlocs can just get the goblin treatment, a little bit of kajamite and voilà!

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    1) Kael'thas' Blood Elves allied with the Naga. For the Horde Blood Elves (much like for everyone else) Naga have been nothing but enemies from TBC times.

2) Darkspear Trolls hate Naga just as much. You can log the game right now and butcher dozens of Naga in their starting zone.

I also doubt that merely adding a bunch of Naga rebels Horde side will do much storywise, they would probably meet the same fate of Huojin Pandaren. Nothing will make Naga relatable to the Horde in a similar manner they are to the Alliance (Night Elves specifically).

And on a personal note, fuck no. The last thing I want to see is Naga becoming an Horde race.
    Alliance will get naga and horde.....OGRES! The horde will have found the key hiding in plain sight all along that will force ogres into their folds..female ogres!@!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Does anyone remember how it went with legion? Did they tell us something before gamescom, and if yes how long before the revelation?
    Everything was announced at Gamescom, but there were hints beforehand.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Naga the alliance and Vrykul for the horde. I could tottaly live with that! I would race change all my blood elves to Vrykul if this ever happends.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Everything was announced at Gamescom, but there were hints beforehand.
    No, I meant when they said they will announce new Xpac at Gamescom.

They announced it via Twitter on 29.7.2015 and revelations was on 6.8.2015.

Screw them, Murloc>Naga always.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Look, let's be honest about this. If they were ever serious about Ogres being a playable race, they'd have done it by now. They have had ample opportunity to do so. They could have easily been the Horde race in the Burning Crusade. They thought about offering them Cataclysm, but didn't. Warlords of Draenor was the last truly realistic time they could have been added.

Now, we are going to the South Seas (finally, the south seas has been teased EVERY expansion cycle. I remember a post a week before the WOTLK reveal that said we were going there and it was believed. This has been coming forever). If we are going to the south seas (we are, this datamined armour business is like the halloween masks heralding Cataclysm all over again) and IF we are getting new races, I can think of only two outcomes.

If the race is neutral, it will be Naga. I don't care how they fix the issue with the legs and mounts but I imagine they'll think of something.

If they do two races, one for each faction, one of those races will be Naga. And Naga will be Horde, because the Night Elves have a deep racial antipathy to the Naga and because the Night Elves themselves have the link to the Naga storywise the Horde currently lacks. A renegade Naga faction (who, let's say they set themselves up on the Lost Isles to reuse those assets and bring that zone back into the game) gives the Horde that connection and that stake in defeating Azshara.

If Naga go Horde as I expect, then the Alliance needs a race equally as exciting, equally demanded, who make sense in a maritime setting. That race I believe is the Vrykul.

I predict Horde Naga and Alliance Vrykul IF we get new races and IF each faction gets a new race rather than a neutral race. If the race is neutral, everyone gets Naga.
    Kul Tiras isn't in the South Seas, so I don't know why people continue to hype this expansion as the mythical "South Seas" expansion. Furthermore, Kezan, Zandalar, etc. will all be their own expansions - not a useless amalgamation of every island.

Kul Tiras isn't in the South Seas, so I don't know why people continue to hype this expansion as the mythical "South Seas" expansion. Furthermore, Kezan, Zandalar, etc. will all be their own expansions - not a useless amalgamation of every island.
    Kul'Tiras, even if it is just south of Gilneas, would actually perfectly fit as it could serve as the Alliance main base. When people say South Seas, it doesn't mean every zone has to be in there, only most of them. And during Cataclysm, there was a statement of tectonic movements shifting Kul'Tiras south, so even if we don't know more about it, there is a possibility that it's not where all think it is anymore.

Stood in the Fire Grapefruitsnz's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen it mentioned in the past week of South Seas speculation, but I think it would be amazing if Kul'Tiras ends up being either fully or mostly corrupted by N'zoth ala Innsmouth or any other small cults in Lovecraftian literature. They sort of did this with Darkshire in Legion during a rogue questline, everyone appears nice on the outside but behind closed doors/at night, things go very dark.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Alliance will get naga and horde.....OGRES! The horde will have found the key hiding in plain sight all along that will force ogres into their folds..female ogres!@!!
    I mean, I'm not a die-hard follower of the Ogre way but at this point, if Naga can be pulled off than Ogre can too. And yep, female Ogres are going to rock. They'll trigger the greatest amount of regretful faps ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    So, I've been thinking about all of this last night, and before we got the Kul'Tiras map/clue thing, I actually made a topic about how the T21 sets could be clues to the next expansion, especially the Shaman and Hunter ones. For those who don't remember what they look like, this is the shaman T21 set:

So as you can see, it's clearly Zandalari-inspired, and my whole point was about it being a clue to the next expansion because it was too specificly not making any sense with the ToS raid. As for the Hunter set, it's the skin of a naga, which is quite strange when you think about it since there are literally NONE of them on Argus.

And then I remembered this, in Azsuna:

As you can see (we've talked about this previously) there are sailors from Kul'Tiras being held captive. What I didn't remember was them being alongside... Zandalari trolls! This could have been a clue to what's coming next. And maybe Blizzard called this quest file KulTiras_01 instead of SouthSeas_01 just not to spoil the whole thing.

What do you guys think?
    Zul'Dare is a a part of Kul Tiras (Zandalar isn't happening). Also, the armor and troll is a good catch.

Kezan and Zandalar are never going to be their own expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kul Tiras isn't where it is supposed to be, between Khaz Modan and Lordaeron. This is because apparently the Cataclysm shifted it's position.

Whether Kul Tiras is in the south seas or not is irrelevant, it is an island. And as an island, it is now in proximity to a bunch of other islands. Islands such as Kezan and Zandalar. The important thing about each of these islands is that they are small, smaller individually than any other landmass on Azeorth. They are smaller than the Broken isles for example.

They are, in fact, zone sized. Given their proximity to each other and the fact that they are zone sized, people assume (naturally if you ask me) that they will be bundled together as a single expansion as none of them are, contrary to your belief, big enough or varied enough to sustain an expansion by themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kul Tiras isn't where it is supposed to be, between Khaz Modan and Lordaeron. This is because apparently the Cataclysm shifted it's position.

Whether Kul Tiras is in the south seas or not is irrelevant, it is an island. And as an island, it is now in proximity to a bunch of other islands. Islands such as Kezan and Zandalar. The important thing about each of these islands is that they are small, smaller individually than any other landmass on Azeorth. They are smaller than the Broken isles for example.

They are, in fact, zone sized. Given their proximity to each other and the fact that they are zone sized, people assume (naturally if you ask me) that they will be bundled together as a single expansion as none of them are, contrary to your belief, big enough or varied enough to sustain an expansion by themselves.
    Assuming they are given the Broken Isles/Pandaria treatment but who really knows.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    MOP gave you the solution with the tail dilemma and came up with Jin'yu. Nagas will be the Worgen equivalent where there feet become tail and can be used for sprinting aka darkflight or travel form on water with swim.

You forgot that a race has a gradient of its subraces and we know that Queen Azshara though cursed by the Sundering event still has a visage of a Nightborne, or could be concealing with a use of magic to conceal her now hideous form. Along with her dragged into the abyss are her loyalist and were also granted protection. For sure there are Nagas who are still bipedal and somehow have a look of an in between Naga and NE, where as naga with tail is the final devolution.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-07-09 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    What if every race got a sub-race option? Vrykul are the perfect choise for Human. But also fit perfect for an expansion about Northrend/Bolvar, that soon or later will happen.
    Because it would be a stupid addition to the game. For example, outside of going neutral, there's no sub-race option for the blood elves.

If neutral, the Horde will play them. If there are two races, one for each side, I believe the Horde will get Naga because it makes more sense for the Horde to get Naga than the Alliance. Both sides have had bad experiences with the Naga, so it's a question of narrative need more than anything else. Basically, the Night Elves have a beef with Azshara few other races can match and by extension, they give the Alliance a link to her.. A renegade faction of Naga would have that beef with her too, a link they could extend to the rest of the Horde.
    This is somewhat incorrect.

There isn't really any personal conflict between the Night Elves and the Naga beyond the magic use that triggered the War of the Ancients. The Night Elves have already forgiven and accepted the Highborne back into Night Elf society (more specifically, they've forgiven and accepted Highborne mages of the Shen'dralar--the people who were literally Azshara's secret, most trusted magical agents. i.e. the ones most responsible for the events leading up the Sundering). There is no reason why the Night Elves would turn away a group of Naga willing to switch sides. Add on to this that they are much closer to each other than Naga are to High Elves (to the point that Night Elves, especially with the return of the Highborne, no doubt have relatives and friends who fell with Azshara and were turned)--and it's clear that they would be much more accepted in the Alliance.

The Horde have two races with a relationship to the Naga, the Blood Elves who only know them through their traitorous, demon-following Prince (not a great first impression). And the Darkspear, who Naga have attempted to completely wipe out on two separate occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    MOP gave you the solution with the tail dilemma and came up with Jin'yu. Nagas will be the Worgen equivalent where there feet become tail and can be used for sprinting aka darkflight or travel form on water with swim.
    That is terrible on par with worgen being given tails for no reason and I have to imagine at that point they would just not include Naga at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Kezan and Zandalar are never going to be their own expansions.
    Neither will broken is... Oh crap!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    This is somewhat incorrect.

There isn't really any personal conflict between the Night Elves and the Naga beyond the magic use that triggered the War of the Ancients. The Night Elves have already forgiven and accepted the Highborne back into Night Elf society (more specifically, they've forgiven and accepted Highborne mages of the Shen'dralar--the people who were literally Azshara's secret, most trusted magical agents. i.e. the ones most responsible for the events leading up the Sundering). There is no reason why the Night Elves would turn away a group of Naga willing to switch sides. Add on to this that they are much closer to each other than Naga are to High Elves (to the point that Night Elves, especially with the return of the Highborne, no doubt have relatives and friends who fell with Azshara and were turned)--and it's clear that they would be much more accepted in the Alliance.

The Horde have two races with a relationship to the Naga, the Blood Elves who only know them through their traitorous, demon-following Prince (not a great first impression). And the Darkspear, who Naga have attempted to completely wipe out on two separate occasions.

That is terrible on par with worgen being given tails for no reason and I have to imagine at that point they would just not include Naga at all.
    What I mean is Human Gilneans has a stance button which they can activate to go Worgen mode. Why on earth could a playable Naga who has a bipedal legs cannot use to have a skill which allow them to fully go Naga and use their serpentine tails to slither=haste +movespeed and or aquatic travelform with unlimited breathe and travelspeed? Ofcoursethey can still have snapdragon mount since pandaren got dragon turtle as racial mount.

Gilneans has a chance for storyarc improvement aside from their introduction to Cata so does Goblins as well this upcoming patch.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-07-09 at 01:51 PM.

Deleted
    I bet, I absolutely bet, that the first raid of the South Seas will be against the Zandalari trolls on Zandalar, culminating in a fight against Prophet Zul (who will be the Xavius equivalent). This will be a sad moment,as once we defeat the Zandalari in Zandalar, there are no more Trolls to fight. This will be the last troll raid.
    I dont want to fight Zandalari, i want them to jion the Horde and us fight Kil'tiras (they are like the most racist humans out there).

Also the Horde needs more tribal based allies like trolls atm it feels alot like a red Alliance with all the Blood Elfs and Forsaken focus in Legion and nothing like the faction we had in the past.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-07-09 at 01:52 PM.