Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    What I mean is Human has a stance button which they can activate to go Worgen mode. Why on earth could a playable Naga who has a bipedal legs cannot use to have a skill which allow them to fully go Naga and use their serpentine tails to slither=haste +movespeed and or aquatic travelform with unlimited breathe and travelspeed? Ofcoursethey can still have snapdragon mount since pandaren got dragon turtle as racial mount.
    Because kind of half of the attractive of the race is the uniqueness that is their tail. If it was only a temporary thing you go into for fucking in dalaran and for swimming (Honestly, I think I can count on my fingers the amount of times I used aquatic form on my druid for useful purposses if we don't count getting to the coilfang reservoir or whatever it was called raid in outland), it would suck.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Neither will broken is... Oh crap!
    Well, they've pretty much retconned the whole BI. It would be a lot cooler as a bunch of shattered isles, but here we are.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by MindCookie View Post
    Kul'Tiras, even if it is just south of Gilneas, would actually perfectly fit as it could serve as the Alliance main base. When people say South Seas, it doesn't mean every zone has to be in there, only most of them. And during Cataclysm, there was a statement of tectonic movements shifting Kul'Tiras south, so even if we don't know more about it, there is a possibility that it's not where all think it is anymore.
    West of Gilneas and north of Vashj'ir... it's not that hard to figure out, and in terms of the lore, Kul Tiras has been in contact with the entirety of the Alliance since Classic (it's not like they were cut off behind a wall of Scourge, i.e. Quel'Thalas, or behind a wall of magical mist, i.e. Pandaria). Also, after the fiasco from Cataclysm, Blizzard has already stated that they'll never do a non-contiguous expansion again, so that rules out the nonsensical claptrap that you're attempting to push by derailing the thread. The data mined file is labeled as Kul Tiras; it shows Kul Tiras on a map, and if that wasn't enough, with the modified change in its location, Kul Tiras is in the appropriate position for the Prison of N'zoth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Kezan and Zandalar are never going to be their own expansions.
    Only in your minuscule mind.

[QUOTE=Myrok;46444507]Because it would be a stupid addition to the game. For example, outside of going neutral, there's no sub

They could do the half and half way - like half blood elf half NE.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    1) Kael'thas' Blood Elves allied with the Naga. For the Horde Blood Elves (much like for everyone else) Naga have been nothing but enemies from TBC times.
    Kael'Thas WAS the blood elves back during their alliance. And yes, after that they may have enemies, but not mortal, sworn enemies like Night Elves and Naga.

2) Darkspear Trolls hate Naga just as much. You can log the game right now and butcher dozens of Naga in their starting zone.
    That doesn't mean much. I mean, humans aren't the sworn enemies of wolves or orcs.

I also doubt that merely adding a bunch of Naga rebels Horde side will do much storywise, they would probably meet the same fate of Huojin Pandaren. Nothing will make Naga relatable to the Horde in a similar manner they are to the Alliance (Night Elves specifically).
    Um... no, they'd be much more relatable to the Horde than to the Alliance. The Horde would technically welcome the splintered naga group considering that the Horde is comprised of races that would find no place elsewhere in the world and are despised by everyone else. I mean, the forsaken is part of the Horde, why do you think the Naga wouldn't fit the Horde? The Alliance would never allow the naga to join their ranks.

And on a personal note, fuck no. The last thing I want to see is Naga becoming an Horde race.
    Is this an admission of bias?

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Well, they've pretty much retconned the whole BI. It would be a lot cooler as a bunch of shattered isles, but here we are.
    I agree with you, my only reaction when I saw the "continent" on the trailer was "what the fucking hell is this shit?" but if they can transform 4 islands with only naga and murlocs as known inhabitants into a single continent, they can transform any island with known inhabitants into a continent.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Zandalar would 100% be in a south seas expansion.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Because kind of half of the attractive of the race is the uniqueness that is their tail. If it was only a temporary thing you go into for fucking in dalaran and for swimming (Honestly, I think I can count on my fingers the amount of times I used aquatic form on my druid for useful purposses if we don't count getting to the coilfang reservoir or whatever it was called raid in outland), it would suck.
    I may not be in the game dev't industry but I am a game developer at heart. There is countless possible ways of putting that tail ingame, one for example is ala Tauren/Draenei though much stockier.

If ever Nagas get implemented definitely they will be on a submerged starting zone or an underwater cavern where they will let you use their racials and for sure that is underwater breathing, cold/frost resistance and yes that slither skill.

One thing about diving into a Great/Veiled Sea expansion is gettin wet and gettig submerged! There are several reasons why Vashj'ir is already in-game. Why the submarine intermission for priest is in Legion, as well as the subterranian/below water bed level for their Artifact weap, why shaman are now in Maelstrom, why they rule over the elementals, the continuif story of Neptulon and perhaps his corruption as we fight and free him, Why there is a Naga wing for ToS, The Helya encounters... it all leads to this.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2017-07-09 at 02:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Kul Tiras isn't where it is supposed to be, between Khaz Modan and Lordaeron. This is because apparently the Cataclysm shifted it's position.

Whether Kul Tiras is in the south seas or not is irrelevant, it is an island. And as an island, it is now in proximity to a bunch of other islands. Islands such as Kezan and Zandalar. The important thing about each of these islands is that they are small, smaller individually than any other landmass on Azeorth. They are smaller than the Broken isles for example.

They are, in fact, zone sized. Given their proximity to each other and the fact that they are zone sized, people assume (naturally if you ask me) that they will be bundled together as a single expansion as none of them are, contrary to your belief, big enough or varied enough to sustain an expansion by themselves.
    The Broken Isles, as we know them, didn't exist until a major retcon. Also, Zandalar and Kezan are nowhere near Kul Tiras, and the file is labeled as "cloth_kultiras," so to be frank, outside of your own head canon, I don't see how you're getting a South Seas expansion out of this.

- - - Updated - - -

An excellent take on this situation.

I may not be in the game dev't industry but I am a game developer at heart. There is countless possible ways of putting that tail ingame, one for example is ala Tauren/Draenei though much stockier.

If ever Nagas get implemented definitely they will be on a submerged starting zone or an underwater cavern where they will let you use their racials and for sure that is underwater breathing, cold/frost resistance and yes that slither skill.
    Honestly, the "not having legs" is the important part of their tail. And I am sure you can agree with me that there are ways for game developpers to work with that, too. Starting by the fact that the problem belongs to the arts department more so than programming.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, the "not having legs" is the important part of their tail. And I am sure you can agree with me that there are ways for game developpers to work with that, too. Starting by the fact that the problem belongs to the arts department more so than programming.
    It isthe other way around, form and function first after fashion.
    They could basically implement a bipedal version of the armor for Naga playable. Afterall, feet armor is almost not visible they can just have a mail/plated vambrace or greaves on their tail section similar to DH where not the entirw body is covered by their armor, nagas can somehow have an armor and art where they can showcase their appendages.

Also, if you look at the Chronicles map, the Prison of N'zoth is located south of Suramar and west of Uldaman - which puts it right around Vashj'ir, and if you accept the current lore, Kul Tiras, i.e. the location is based off of the location from the maps, Tol Barad, etc.

I agree with you, my only reaction when I saw the "continent" on the trailer was "what the fucking hell is this shit?" but if they can transform 4 islands with only naga and murlocs as known inhabitants into a single continent, they can transform any island with known inhabitants into a continent.
    You speak my mind bro. They sure can make Plunder Isle and Zandalar into big islands with several zones if they managed to do it with BI.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    The Broken Isles, as we know them, didn't exist until a major retcon. Also, Zandalar and Kezan are nowhere near Kul Tiras, and the file is labeled as "cloth_kultiras," so to be frank, outside of your own head canon, I don't see how you're getting a South Seas expansion out of this.

- - - Updated - - -

An excellent take on this situation.
    It exist only not on the surface. Not until the Cataclym and Guldan's meddling resurfaced it for another time. The Island sinked and resurfaced several times already.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    Look, let's be honest about this. If they were ever serious about Ogres being a playable race, they'd have done it by now. They have had ample opportunity to do so. They could have easily been the Horde race in the Burning Crusade. They thought about offering them Cataclysm, but didn't. Warlords of Draenor was the last truly realistic time they could have been added.

Now, we are going to the South Seas (finally, the south seas has been teased EVERY expansion cycle. I remember a post a week before the WOTLK reveal that said we were going there and it was believed. This has been coming forever). If we are going to the south seas (we are, this datamined armour business is like the halloween masks heralding Cataclysm all over again) and IF we are getting new races, I can think of only two outcomes.

If the race is neutral, it will be Naga. I don't care how they fix the issue with the legs and mounts but I imagine they'll think of something.

If they do two races, one for each faction, one of those races will be Naga. And Naga will be Horde, because the Night Elves have a deep racial antipathy to the Naga and because the Night Elves themselves have the link to the Naga storywise the Horde currently lacks. A renegade Naga faction (who, let's say they set themselves up on the Lost Isles to reuse those assets and bring that zone back into the game) gives the Horde that connection and that stake in defeating Azshara.

If Naga go Horde as I expect, then the Alliance needs a race equally as exciting, equally demanded, who make sense in a maritime setting. That race I believe is the Vrykul.

I predict Horde Naga and Alliance Vrykul IF we get new races and IF each faction gets a new race rather than a neutral race. If the race is neutral, everyone gets Naga.
    Ogres were going to be playable on Cata, they have a lot more chances and deserve be playable more than any other race on this game, w only have 2 chances to get new races if you exclude pandaria

neutral race is BULLSHIT, they dont add nothing to the game, they do not lend to give identity and differentiation to the factions, Only more homogenization

More than ever the Horde need to go back to their roots, and be more Horde, be tribal shamanistic faction of monsters, and only ogres can do that, they match perfectly with a sea expansion, cause their are good sailors, WoD show us that, the warcraft 2 ships are build by ogres, they sail to kalimdor after the second war, they could reach south seas.

Of course they could do the naga thing, But it would be a very cruel, now would be the best chance for them

What I mean is Human Gilneans has a stance button which they can activate to go Worgen mode. Why on earth could a playable Naga who has a bipedal legs cannot use to have a skill which allow them to fully go Naga and use their serpentine tails to slither=haste +movespeed and or aquatic travelform with unlimited breathe and travelspeed? Ofcoursethey can still have snapdragon mount since pandaren got dragon turtle as racial mount.

Gilneans has a chance for storyarc improvement aside from their introduction to Cata so does Goblins as well this upcoming patch.
    Because the only Naga type that is bipedal are brutes, and because transforming like that is literally the racial gimmick of Worgen. You might as well give a new race a stealth ability, or the ability to eat corpses.

Continent: Kul Tiras
    Enemies: Jaina Proudmoore (free her from Old God influence), Azshara and the Naga Empire, N'zoth, etc.
    Capitals: Boralus (Alliance) and a WCII Settlement (Horde)
    Zones: Zul'Dare, Crestfall, Tol Barad, and 3-4 zones on Kul Tiras proper
    Raids: Boralus, Prison of N'zoth

- - - Updated - - -

Also, they could add Balor as a zone for this expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    West of Gilneas and north of Vashj'ir... it's not that hard to figure out, and in terms of the lore, Kul Tiras has been in contact with the entirety of the Alliance since Classic (it's not like they were cut off behind a wall of Scourge, i.e. Quel'Thalas, or behind a wall of magical mist, i.e. Pandaria). Also, after the fiasco from Cataclysm, Blizzard has already stated that they'll never do a non-contiguous expansion again, so that rules out the nonsensical claptrap that you're attempting to push by derailing the thread. The data mined file is labeled as Kul Tiras; it shows Kul Tiras on a map, and if that wasn't enough, with the modified change in its location, Kul Tiras is in the appropriate position for the Prison of N'zoth.

So this is the map from Chronicle. As I was saying Kul'Tiras (clearly visible) here was more south than west to Gilneas. Now, with what we know from Cataclysm, it could be anywhere, I agree on that and it could also be in the same position as the prison of N'zoth. I also agree with you on the fact that Blizzard can make Kul'Tiras its own expansion if they want to, same goes with any island still unavailable. In my opinion though, that wouldn't be the smoothest way to do it, but it's just my opinion.

Now, would you care to explain me how I'm derailing from the thread? The name of the thread is " Patch 8.0 the long awaited South Seas Expansion?" and that's exactly what I've been talking about with my previous replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    God, are you idiots still using the "Naga's got a tail so they can't be playable" excuse? Your argument is so outdated that I want to cry when I realize people still think that's a valid argument. It's not.

They could mount just as well as everyone else and they could easily have animations that lets them jump and shit too. There's nothing that's stopping the team from doing it apart from their own vision. If they don't want naga to be playable then that's their choice. It'll join the ranks of Ethereals, Arakkoa and Ogre in races that'll never be playable. (Ogres ain't happening, sorry folks).

But to use an outdated argument to try and make yours seem more valid is just pure stupidity.

For all you know, they might not do more races for WoW ever again, instead they'll do sub-races.
    That's what it seems to me now.