Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    You can pilot a mecha to damage foes and protect your allies?

Where?
    The Horde have a quest chain in Azshara, right by Org gates where you pilot a mech to 'damage your foes and protect your allies' from Night Elves. Every race, every class can use it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    The Horde have a quest chain in Azshara, right by Org gates where you pilot a mech to 'damage your foes and protect your allies' from Night Elves. Every race, every class can use it.
    I meant for dungeons, raids, and solo play.

Sorry, should have been more specific.

I meant for dungeons, raids, and solo play.
    Well quests are solo play, so my first example covered that.

You can pilot the Foe-Reapers inside of Deadmines.

You can pilot the Draenei mech in the Socrethar encounter in Hellfire Citadel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well quests are solo play, so my first example covered that.

You can pilot the Foe-Reapers inside of Deadmines.

You can pilot the Draenei mech in the Socrethar encounter in Hellfire Citadel.
    Yeah, only one person at a time can use those mechs. In Deadmines, the reaper is only in one part of the dungeon. In the Socrethar encounter, only one person out of the entire raid can pilot it.

I'm talking about something more permanent, not a gimmick in a fight or quest.

Yeah, only one person at a time can use those mechs. In Deadmines, the reaper is only in one part of the dungeon. In the Socrethar encounter, only one person out of the entire raid can pilot it.

I'm talking about something more permanent, not a gimmick in a fight or quest.
    It's almost like the developers would need to make something new for it, much the same way Demon Hunters weren't a class until they were.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's almost like the developers would need to make something new for it, much the same way Demon Hunters weren't a class until they were.
    Well keep in mind, there was this item way before the actual DH class was brought into the game;

http://www.wowhead.com/item=79769/de...spect#comments

If you happened to be a melee class with the twin blades of Azzinoth, you could be pretty damn close to a Demon Hunter for 5 minutes anywhere, and anytime.

And yet we still got the Demon Hunter class.

The game already has the technology for a mech class; The mecha mounts (Sky Golem, Fel Annihilator, etc.), Gazlowe and Marin fighting in the Sky Golem mechs during the Invasion fights, and the examples you provided. All they would need to do is allow you to fight while inside those mecha mounts, and you got yourself a class.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2017-07-09 at 05:43 PM.

Can we please end the engineering vs tinkering arguments with a simple logic? We have priests AND paladins. In a way a tinker would be to an engineer what a paladin is to a priest. There, done they use the same kind of weapons in different ways, the end.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    Can we please end the engineering vs tinkering arguments with a simple logic? We have priests AND paladins. In a way a tinker would be to an engineer what a paladin is to a priest. There, done they use the same kind of weapons in different ways, the end.
    That's exactly how I see it. A Holy Priest can technically learn and use anything a Holy Paladin can in lore, since they're both derived from the same faith and use of Light magic. Does it really matter if a an Engineer of any class can use grenades?
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The concept of Engineering is crafting various mechanical weapons, toys, and other items for sale, it isn't (for example) piloting a mecha to damage foes or protect your allies in combat.
    Reaves Module: Piloted Combat Mode. Done.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    The comparasion works better with Dk and Necros but you are not wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yung Scarface View Post
    Here are few suggestions on classes and specs...

-Necromancer (class since dks can't be casters due to gameplay issues)
    -Blade Master (warrior spec)
    -Ninja (rogue spec) -- why not a naruto class lol
    -Samurai (rogue/warrior spec)
    -Shadow (paladin spec)

EDIT:

Because so many people complained about my lack of explaining my suggestions I figured it would be fair for me to do so.

Necromancer: Why they can't be DK spec is because ain't no such thing as plate casters, that's too OP. Also it really can be expanded upon a lot, with a spec similiar to demonology only instead you use demons to swarm your enemy it could be zombies. You can have maybe your own pet that you construct yourself using body parts, or what about a Archlich spec it can go many directions this one.

Blademaster: I am obviously talking about the WC3/Samuro from HoTS template. No class can make clones of themselves and no class specialize on air/wind or melee lava attacks... so why not mix it up? I think it differs a lot from Arms warrior. Also why not a class that have multiple 2H weapons like 5 equipped? That would be hard but still cool as fuck. Blademaster can be turned whichever they want.

Ninja: I mean a spec that uses scrolls/jutsus basically. Naruto inspired. And not to sound like a cringe naruto fanboy but Naruto has no MMORPG and I don't see why not a class like those ninjas wouldn't be epic af in WoW.

Samurai: 2H wielding rogues/Genji inspired class/spec. Enough said. Blademasters are different, and so are Arms Warriors.

Shadow Paladin spec: Let me start off by saying... doesn't this already exist? Anduin whose always been a priest have utilized shadow magic (at least in hearthstone, which sort of makes it canon as he was the first priest in the game). Now in Legion, he is basically a paladin. Has he forgotten his shadow arts? Uhm, no. Also anyone who wield the light can balance it out with shadow, so where the fuck is our melee shadow spec? That is the paladin you are looking for.
    Necromancer: aka warlock
    Blade Master: aka warrior
    Ninja: aka subtlety
    Samurai: aka arms warrior
    Shadow: this actually makes no sense, why would a paladin have anything like this

none of these are different enough to be viable

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes, like i said, a toy with extremely heavy limitations and requirements. Not remotely close to what i was talking about, and not the concept behind engineering, or a potential Tinker class.

Yes, like i said, a toy with extremely heavy limitations and requirements. Not remotely close to what i was talking about, and not the concept behind engineering, or a potential Tinker class.
    You wrote:
    The concept of Engineering ... isn't piloting a mecha to damage foes or protect your allies in combat.
    And I've proven you wrong. There we have it, engineers piloting a mech suit to damage foes and protect allies. Let the goalpost moving commence!

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally want a Warden class that has the armor and glaive like Maiev/etc has.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    You wrote:

And I've proven you wrong. There we have it, engineers piloting a mech suit to damage foes and protect allies.

Read what i wrote again. I said the purpose behind engineering. Piloting a mech isnt engineering's purpise, which is why the combat module is loaded with limitations, and widely considered not worrh crafting.

Read what i wrote again. I said the purpose behind engineering. Piloting a mech isnt engineering's purpise, which is why the combat module is loaded with limitations, and widely considered not worrh crafting.
    And considering your 'purpose' for the tech class is head-canon... it becomes invalid, doesn't it? I mean, you keep dismissing other people's head-canons for being head-canon, then nothing's more fair than dismissing yours for being a head-canon, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    And considering your 'purpose' for the tech class is head-canon... it becomes invalid, doesn't it? I mean, you keep dismissing other people's head-canons for being head-canon, then nothing's more fair than dismissing yours for being a head-canon, right?
    Nope, because I'm not making a lore argument, I'm proposing a future WoW class.

Nope, because I'm not making a lore argument, I'm proposing a future WoW class.
    And did you know that a class concept is lore as well? By proposing a new class, you have to make lore arguments, especially in how it fits the current theme and how it clashes (or not) with other concepts.

Honestly I just want a bloody ranged class next. We've had 3 melee in a row. And 2 tanks and a healer I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    No .